Player contracts and transfers

David123

Brenda saying he wants to reduce the Celtic first team squad from 31 to low 20s.  Chance of Fisher coming to us?

I think we've already covered that one off with Keith Watson. Probably got 3 or 4 who could now fill in at RB. I would rather we spent money of a starting type of player rather than squad players.

I'm surprised Templeton is 27. If he had been a few years younger, maybe. He's got a lot of work to do to re-build his career.

In some ways, he could be a great signing. If he gets somewhere near to where he was in his hearts days, then I'd take him. However I think he is one of those players where he has just wasted a promising career. Rumours of off field problems and he doesn't seem to be have been chomping at the bit to be getting a regular game.

Sometimes, these kind of gambles pay off and you end up with a Jody Morris type signing, but more often than not, you get a James McFadden, Paul Bernard or Simon Donnelly.

Would still like to see us sign another commanding centre half, a holding ball playing midfielder and a younger version of Chris Miller.

I read he likes 2 players for each playing position. I think Fisher would be one of the two right backs.

Are we going to pension off Dave or just keep Watson in the stand. He also has to accommodate Gilchrist & Gordon. I think we need the wage for other positions.

David templeton released by Rangers  might be worth a punt

A no for me, had one decent season and has spent the last four years rotting. His attitude is ****ing rotten and his off field "activities" aren't even worth mentioning. A complete waster.

Wouldn't be overly keen on Law either, neither hard working nor capable of playing anyone in our current system. Would be our highest earner aswell.

Could make the argument Saints need a total d*** in the middle of the park but I'd rather not bother.

I take it you don't listen to Liam Craig and Chris Millar on the pitch? They're constantly harassing the ref and opposition players. Same with MacLean, who's one of the biggest dickheads on the pitch you'll ever see, it what makes him so loveable. 

There certainly looks like there will be a large number of players released this close season as both Rangers and Celtic try to trim their squad to free up wages to buy better quality.

Celtic you would imagine will be offloading some decent players but I doubt we'll be in for any of them. The likes if Allen, Mackay Steven, Macgregor, Stokes, Henderson, Fisher etc will likely go but only Fisher would have been realistic but Watson covers us. 

Rangers. Well, I'd say Clark would be worth a look - hard to tell. Dean Shields would be decent. Maybe.

I take it you don't listen to Liam Craig and Chris Millar on the pitch? They're constantly harassing the ref and opposition players. Same with MacLean, who's one of the biggest dickheads on the pitch you'll ever see, it what makes him so loveable. 

I've never been able to listen to the players on the pitch either. 

OK I suppose I wasn't clear enough about my meaning - maybe Craig and Millar harrass people but you're kidding yourself if you think they ever intimidate anyone physically. TBH I can't imagine either of them intimidating any player with more than a season behind them full stop. 

Fair enough, took the wrong meaning from your post.

Paton is an awful signing. Let's put aside all of the off the pitch baggage he brings with him, let's put aside the fact that he is a complete thug on the pitch, you cannot ignore that fact that he is bang average. "Quality, " a term loved by football pundits and Managers, especially Tommy Wright, just is not associated with this guy. Lappin could have filled any role that Paton will be asked to play.

Terrible, terrible signing.

Paton is an awful signing. Let's put aside all of the off the pitch baggage he brings with him, let's put aside the fact that he is a complete thug on the pitch, you cannot ignore that fact that he is bang average. "Quality, " a term loved by football pundits and Managers, especially Tommy Wright, just is not associated with this guy. Lappin could have filled any role that Paton will be asked to play.

I am not a fan of Paton as well but friend from work Utd fan said he would take Paton over Dow any day Paton will give you a 110 percent every game Dow wanders in and out games and his knees are knackerd he said to me myself I would have kept lappin as well,but if we are signing one of them two Paton would be better choice

When Did Paton Sign I must have missed that?

image.thumb.png.0572dfa76e9724f8e0195782Egert Johnsen (sp) played for Hearts then been down south for a few years in the lower leagues. Remember him in FM being a pretty versatile player defence and midfield. Seemingly being touted around Scotland after his contract expired with fleetwood with us, hearts and Dundee interested

First bite of the summer

image.png

Edited by YHallSaint
ETA story as well nigh on word for word

Always good to see the fans giving players a fair chance.

Do not see the issue myself with Paul Paton. A very solid and effective player that does a good which allows the more talented players in the team to do their thing.

Paton head and shoulders an improvement over Caddis & Brown for a central role behind Millar and Davidson.

Would be a good addition to the squad in an area where we are often left short due to the recent injury problems that have plagued Chris Millar.