Player contracts and transfers

David123

I think the midfield should be the priority.  If Danny gets injured we could have big problems.  

I think if we play the ball more on the ground, with a bit more commitment, our striking problems will not be so bad.

I don't think our striking problems are due to tactical set up etc but more down to a lack of quality in our forwards. Cummins is now a waste of a wage and Kane is still very raw and will never be a 25 goal a season striker like May was. 

If Dunne and Lappin were half as good as people seem to think then they would be plying their trades higher up the pyramid in England, and not where they are. Unless of course this is the level considered comparable, or acceptable, for playing in Scotland's Top Table.

Scottish football is tom tit so yes your right this is there level.

Surely when he left to go back to Ireland he was no longer getting paid by Saints or Peterborough?

FIFA wouldn't allow for his contract to be terminated. I could only find this part that mentions what would happen in that scenario. 

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland/posh-cancelled-joe-gormleys-deal-for-the-good-of-his-health-says-barry-fry-35181213.html

" Posh, St Johnstone and Gormley have written to Fifa requesting permission to cancel the 26-year-old's contract, with Fry adding: "We're waiting for the reply from Fifa. If they don't give special dispensation, we'll have to wait until January, until he comes back to us, and then we will honour what we've already told Joe and we'll cancel the contract by mutual consent. "

FIFA wouldn't allow for his contract to be terminated. I could only find this part that mentions what would happen in that scenario. 

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland/posh-cancelled-joe-gormleys-deal-for-the-good-of-his-health-says-barry-fry-35181213.html

" Posh, St Johnstone and Gormley have written to Fifa requesting permission to cancel the 26-year-old's contract, with Fry adding: "We're waiting for the reply from Fifa. If they don't give special dispensation, we'll have to wait until January, until he comes back to us, and then we will honour what we've already told Joe and we'll cancel the contract by mutual consent. "

I thought FIFA wouldn't allow him to sign for another team.. Surely if the club and player both want to cancel the contract it's simple enough? He's just not able to play for another team this season. Must be different with loans

I thought FIFA wouldn't allow him to sign for another team.. Surely if the club and player both want to cancel the contract it's simple enough? He's just not able to play for another team this season. Must be different with loans

I can only guess you can't amend the contract when the transfer window is closed,

Sun says Hibs want to sign Danny on pre contract. Being a Hibs fan I assume he will sign.

Saints should have had him tied up ages ago.

Love comments like that. No doubt when Swanson, yet again, turns his back on the club to sign elsewhere the club will be blamed for it. 

Players have all the power now with contracts.

He'd be mad to leave, as theres no chance Lennon would be as accepting of the huge flaws in his game as TW is. If he wants to join the club he's supported all his life, then thats fair enough. 

FWIW I'd expect him to leave, tbh. His actions before he signed for Hearts, where he got the club to spend days negotiating his release from Coventry, then had the staff at the stadium all night for contract talks, before agreeing to sign for Hearts instead and asking for ridiculous wages when talking to us, summed him up.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/297706/danny-swanson-playing-best-football-career-st-johnstone/

For what it is worth this was from October 12 2016 -

"Swanson’s contract will run out in the summer but the 29-year-old doesn’t believe there is any need to rush talks over an extended deal.

“I have spoken to the gaffer a few times but we’ve not discussed numbers or anything,” he reported.

“It’s on the back burner at the moment, I’m just concentrating on the football.

“I’m happy where I am. I don’t like change so I just want to stay focused on the football.

“I know what I’m doing at the moment, I don’t like worrying about other things.

“So I’m just training away and it will take care of itself.”"