Player contracts and transfers

David123

"He's not on trial. He spent a couple of days training as he has with another club"
"I'm sure there is interest there among others but he's not in on trial anywhere"

https://twitter.com/CuptieDMackay/status/819255570981146624

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Very sad.  Over 25 years ago we were buying players when we needed and there was a strategic plan. 165k for John Davies for example. Today is very uninspiring. 

If we'd saved the money we could've had 4 Muzzes :wink:... allegedly.

Edited by Denzil

We spent that much on Muzz, roughly. I don't see why we'd be unwilling to spend it on someone who could earn us money. 

We spent 50k jointly on Muzz and Dave.  Both were more established players and had prove themselves at a higher level than Bikey. Also as someone else pointed out, tI message change. 

As far as I know John Sutton was released from his contract early by Motherwell to allow him to play for Saints ina  Euro qualifier. His contract was due to expire on 1 July and Saints first match was on second. Motherwell released him to allow him to join Saints a fortnight or 3 weeks early. So cannot understand how you can say there was a fee.

As far as I know John Sutton was released from his contract early by Motherwell to allow him to play for Saints ina  Euro qualifier. His contract was due to expire on 1 July and Saints first match was on second. Motherwell released him to allow him to join Saints a fortnight or 3 weeks early. So cannot understand how you can say there was a fee.

We paid them to release him from his contract early. 

Not sure how that doesn't constitute paying a fee. 

Sorry my quote button is not working at all for some reason.

Random there is no mention by either Club and never has been that there was a fee paid to Motherwell. I believe at the time it was not Saints but the player that was in discussions with Well over his early release.

To call it a transfer fee is stretching it.