Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just watched the egg tossing there. If you're not into rugby, half the time you haven't a clue what's going on. Cricket is just weird - most of the time, most of the players just stand doing nothing. I like women's  beach volleyball, the only sport you can masturbate to. The beauty of football, the increasingly strange offside rules aside, is its simplicity. There really isn't that much difference between the World Cup Finals and a kick about down the park.

Except, obviously, there would probably be some Scottish people playing down the park.

Surely one of our young boys is a much better option than an overweight wrestler who did well in, wait for it, Romania!!!! Wow.

When was he overweight? When he was at Saints he was probably the strongest, most athletic player in the team. I'm not sure I've ever seen any other Saints forward surge up a pitch in the way Tade could. And not sure what your problem is with Romanian football - but the idea that first team players from Cluj or Steaua Bucharest wouldn't be good enough for Saints seems a little silly to me.

Watching Oxford v Bolton (Felipe Morais plays for Bolton now?!), and its easy to see why TW went for Chris Maguire before we got Swanson back, very similar player. Fairly sure Maguires contract expires this Summer.

Neither of them can lace Stefan Scougalls boots imo.

Neither of them can lace Stefan Scougalls boots imo.

Good point, well made.

Worth noting his contract also expires this Summer, and hes not played for Sheffield United since the end of January. I'll be seething if he ends up in this league elsewhere.

Edited by RandomGuy

useless bit of information but I used to work with Chris Maguires dad and while he was at aberdeen he wanted to sign for Saints think it was just on loan possibly permanent but Craig Brown who was manager at the time wouldn't let him come to us.

Edited by saintgscot

In saying that we did not expect Mannus to be with us all this time either.

I'd imagine he'll be away in the summer. Depends on what other options he might have though.

Agree though, Zander won't be here until 2020, he'll play at a higher level and great bit of business by the club to tie him down.

I remember Utd having a loose agreement with Jonny Russell, that if he kept signing contracts to give him 1yr+ they wouldn't stand in his way if a good move came up for him. I'd imagine Wright and Brown will do the same with any 'prospects' we have.

I think what is most impressive about Clark is that his progress hasn't stalled. When he's made a mistake, it looks like he learns from them.