Player contracts and transfers

David123

It's Robert Thomson reporting it, so it's 100% true. Can't blame him, he's getting a substantial pay rise, he's been promised first team football and its the club he's supported his entire life. 

Naturally disappointed but at least we've got a few months to identify replacements 

Edited by RandomGuy

Imagine there's a strong chance we won't see Swanson play for us again. He's clearly been telling TW he wants to re-sign with us, and yet has once again gone behind his back to sign elsewhere. 

I can't imagine TW will happily accept that. Nor can I see him giving Swanson a third chance if he flops at Hibs. 

Imagine there's a strong chance we won't see Swanson play for us again. He's clearly been telling TW he wants to re-sign with us, and yet has once again gone behind his back to sign elsewhere. 

I can't imagine TW will happily accept that. Nor can I see him giving Swanson a third chance if he flops at Hibs. 

Disagree. I reckon TW will select him & remind him what Saints did for him & tell him to go out with a bang. Just not at Foster

Liam got us into Europe before heading to Hibs, don't think Danny is quite the same character.

Sadly he won't be put off by Saints fans booing him, must be used to it by now.

Why should we be booing him?  Although very disappointed in his choice of moving on it's not the first time a player has decided to do this and he is within his right to do so.

Think there must be more to this than meets the eye and Saints should have had a deal sorted out much earlier e.g. In Oct/Dec period but they didn't nor did they seem to try to get in done after Jan. More likely to be an agent pushing buttons re money and a move to his childhood club. As I say I am disappointed but will remember the skills and goals he scored whilst here. Time to move on. And for the record there will be no booing from me even though I reckon he has made the wrong decision to leave.

Looks like Swanson has played Tommy for a fool. Tommy surely would not have said yesterday that he thought he would sign ,only for him to sign for Hibs the following day,if he had not had good reason to believe it. Either that or Tommy was trying to put the pressure on. Either way Tommy has been let down by a guy who has more or less admitted he saved his career & possibly his sanity.

Swanson was great at the start of the season, but has less and less been part of the strong team spirit that makes Tommy's Saints teams what they are.  His style of play is also predictable - he keeps the ball too long, and while he has the ability to beat several players, they are now wise to it and the second one usually kicks him in the air and ends the attack - knowing we are notoriously shit at set pieces.

I am very pleased that we had him for this season and he has undoubtedly played a big part in our league position, but equally I'm not too despondent that he won't be here next season.  

We have the bones of a consistent and excellent squad for next season, and Swanson leaving gives Tommy a chance to find a creative gem.

Swanson was great at the start of the season, but has less and less been part of the strong team spirit that makes Tommy's Saints teams what they are.  

This - you just have to see Swansons attitude compared with the likes of Liam or Paton - arguably not as skilful players but able to contribute a lot more to the overall team performance.

Why should we be booing him?  Although very disappointed in his choice of moving on it's not the first time a player has decided to do this and he is within his right to do so.

My point was he has already been booed by Saints fans whilst playing for Saints. He will no doubt get booed when he moves on.

1 year deal for Chris Millar according to the sun.

If Midge has put his injury problems behind him then it is good news.

Swanson & presume Clive going. Have to assume Tam ,Mannus & Hunter will also be allowed to go to free up wages as we have Gordon,Comrie & Gilchrist joining first team wage bill.

We NEED at least 3 attack minded players but not sure the Brown budget will stretch to it.

His style of play is also predictable - he keeps the ball too long, and while he has the ability to beat several players, they are now wise to it and the second one usually kicks him in the air and ends the attack - knowing we are notoriously shit at set pieces.

Disagree with this part, sometimes in games he is the wee spark that we need that changes games, as apart from him he are pretty pedestrian, when he came on against Aberdeen we looked far more threatening, that is why if he leaves, Tommy needs to find a bit of pace and creativity.

Poor choice by him, but for him the lure of pulling on the Hibs strip (not to mention the wage), can't blame him, as will never get another chance, but never seems to be up front with any team he plays for and usually comes back to bite him in the proverbial.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Can't disagree too much with what's already been said! I think Saints are a workmanlike team no frills! IMO Swanson could provide the frills and I honestly believe he would only be better under a settled contract! I think had he been given the right offer he may have stayed.. we'll never know now..I bear him no ill will.. short career and all that blah blah... I know Saints don't want to bust the pay scale but surely there must be some wiggle room..I certainly won't be booing him... any team would be lucky to get him... Goodbye & Good Luck ....

Can't disagree too much with what's already been said! I think Saints are a workmanlike team no frills! IMO Swanson could provide the frills and I honestly believe he would only be better under a settled contract! I think had he been given the right offer he may have stayed.. we'll never know now..I bear him no ill will.. short career and all that blah blah... I know Saints don't want to bust the pay scale but surely there must be some wiggle room..I certainly won't be booing him... any team would be lucky to get him... Goodbye & Good Luck ....

The pre season  contract did make me smile though especially after TW's statement! Maybe another person wanting to kick his head in up the tunnel ;-) 

Liam played his heart out for Saints after he signed for Hibs and even sored the goal that got us into Europe. He is a professional and will give his all for the team he is with.