Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Just a thought but with Tommy's positive words this week about Swanson re-signing and the early season ticket announcement being trailed, I wonder if they expected to officially announce the two together today but have been caught out and stabbed in the back? As I say, just thoughts.

It's Robert Thomson reporting it, so it's 100% true. Can't blame him, he's getting a substantial pay rise, he's been promised first team football and its the club he's supported his entire life. 

Naturally disappointed but at least we've got a few months to identify replacements 

Who knows maybe his agent has played a blinder and is calling Saints bluff with this one. See if Saints give in to his wage demands, Does not say he has signed for Hibs just that he is about to. No official statement is allowed as far as si know unless Saints and Hibs agree.

Liam played his heart out for Saints after he signed for Hibs and even sored the goal that got us into Europe. He is a professional and will give his all for the team he is with.

Sorry MS but there is no comparison between Liam & Danny. Not sure I have seen Liam give up & at times shown too much passion .

Sorry MS but there is no comparison between Liam & Danny. Not sure I have seen Liam give up & at times shown too much passion .

I am not comparing them as individuals I am comparing the situations. The original post said that he would be dropped because he had signed for Hibs, merely pointing out that liam was in the same position when he signed a pre contract.

Can't understand anyone saying Danny won't be a loss.  Of course he will be. Hopefully we sign a good replacement though. 

As for those questioning his attitude and commitment - can only assume they weren't at the Aberdeen game.

Can't understand anyone saying Danny won't be a loss.  Of course he will be. Hopefully we sign a good replacement though. 

As for those questioning his attitude and commitment - can only assume they weren't at the Aberdeen game.

Aye but who was he trying to impress - his current employers or prospective??

Who knows maybe his agent has played a blinder and is calling Saints bluff with this one. See if Saints give in to his wage demands, Does not say he has signed for Hibs just that he is about to. No official statement is allowed as far as si know unless Saints and Hibs agree.

Saints aren't involved in negotiations 

Can't blame him would have done the same if Saints tried to sign me & trebled my wages.

What I can't forgive is they way he has strung along Tommy Wright. The man who saved his career twice.

I am sure he won't do it again as make no mistake he will struggle.

I know from my work that sometimes, no matter how excellent an employee somebody is, there comes a point where their problems cannot be overlooked and it's time for them to move on. In reality, with Danny I think that point was reached at Hamilton. It's a great shame, because at the start of this season he was electric. But reel it back a year and so was MOH. There will be a new excellent in the pipeline. That's the nature of football.

Wonder how well Swanson is going handle the pressure of playing for his boyhood team?

I suspect the answer to that is "badly". There's got to be a big question mark surrounding his ability to handle the pressure, and there's always going to be that nagging doubt that the self-destruct button might be pressed once the fans start to heckle him (as they almost certainly will - that's the Hibs way). However, that won't be our problem. Bigger wage freed up; let's go shopping.