Player contracts and transfers

David123

I see Nigel Hasselbaink is a free agent in the Summer. Looks to have gotten back to him old pacey ball hogging self at Excelsior.

Transfermarkt has him up at his highest value tae.

The only thing Davey is why would he be released if he was brilliant?.

Didny say he was brilliant.

Probably still a ball hogging shitebag like he was with us and the Buddies, hence why Transfermarkt prolly has him at his highest value cos them countries like that sort of pish.

Nige was great with us. I'd be happy to have him back.

He had some good games and was pivotal in cup winning season, but I also remember his main aspect was running with the ball in to dead ends. Wish him well, a good talent, but I would imagine he would wish to stay in The Netherlands. Replacement for Danny and a high calibre striker needed, that is all I think.

Just popping in to say we've signed a lad called John Robertson from the Tynecastle U16 squad. I believe hes scored 90 goals for them this season, although I've not found any proof of it due to the lack of history at that level.

The club has a history of promising youngsters with Callum Paterson and Jamie Walker coming through there. Jason Kerr also came through the club.

Just popping in to say we've signed a lad called John Robertson from the Tynecastle U16 squad. I believe hes scored 90 goals for them this season, although I've not found any proof of it due to the lack of history at that level.

The club has a history of promising youngsters with Callum Paterson and Jamie Walker coming through there. Jason Kerr also came through the club.

RANDOOM IS BACK!!!!

IMG_0891.GIF

Sure it's Tyncastle boys club we've signed him from. It's like signing someone from one of the Jeanfield Swift boys teams, just so no one gets confused and thinks we've signed a Hearts youngster.

He is only 16 and whilst the stats are good he still has a helluva lot to learn. FWIW I think the 90 might be slight exaggeration given the number of games they play. He did get a good write up when they won scottish cup. 

Good luck to the lad but as ed star says it is just another lad starting out on his career. 

From the BBC -

We need to get Danny (Swanson) replaced and get some fresh legs, a bit of pace up front.

"We're looking at where we'll really try to strengthen the squad and improve it. We need to do things quickly.

"I'm expecting to be here next season. I have two years left on my contract. I have a great job here and it would have to be the right move for me, because I have such a good club here and I'm happy here. I am ambitious and if something had to come along that ticks all the boxes, it may interest me."

What is happening with Scobbie and Mannus ? Thought me might have got a idea at the end today . Both went straight up the tunnel . Replacement for Danny required someone who can make something happen see a pass. Another striker but who ???

Would have thought if they were leaving they might have gone over to fans.

If you were asked who you wanted to make a last ditch tackle or block in the box, then I'd take Tam Scobbie before any other outfield player at the club.

He wouldn't make so many last ditch tackles if he was in the correct position in the first place. It's James McPake syndrome, these are the things fans notice and love, but compare to Steven Anderson who can defend properly, he rarely makes these tackles. 

Mannus is a great keeper but I question the logic in giving him another year

Zander has shown he is number 1 and I think although Mannus is a great keeper and a great servant his wages would have been better spent elsewhere

Maybe Tommy thinks he can sell on Zander.

It is more like he trusts Mannus more as he seems to have changed Sanders style a bit as last season he commanded his area but now seems to stay on his line more.

Mannus is a great keeper but I question the logic in giving him another year

Zander has shown he is number 1 and I think although Mannus is a great keeper and a great servant his wages would have been better spent elsewhere

I can see your point, but it would only take an injury/loss of form from Clark and we would have to rely on a second string keeper.

Guest ScottMann

This is great news. Most Scottish clubs can only dream of having two keepers of this quality. We haven't a clue what the figures are so if Steve Brown and Tommy are happy with them that's fine by me.