Player contracts and transfers

David123

Anyone know why Clive Smith hasn't even been on the bench for the last couple of games? Has he been injured? I'd have expected him to get a run-out towards the end of the season if there was any likelihood of us wanting to keep him.

Feel a bit sorry for Watson and Coulson that it hasn't worked out for them, but not a massive surprise. Even though Coulson was probably on comparable money at York, I think there's quite a big gap between Saints' level and English League Two and he's probably found that out. Wonder if it'll make Tommy less likely to look at players from that level in future.

Smith now a free agent. Pretty sure we would be interested, but I expect his agent is busy doing agenty things.

Didnt realise he was Welsh!

Would be a good and cost effective backup to Richard Foster. But he'd be joining with the understanding that he would mostly be ground the fringes of the first team and a regular in the 20s. Says he's up for staying after a recent interview, so I'd happily sign him on for 2 years - with a break clause if he turns into another Brad McKay!

Anyone know why Clive Smith hasn't even been on the bench for the last couple of games? Has he been injured? I'd have expected him to get a run-out towards the end of the season if there was any likelihood of us wanting to keep him.

Feel a bit sorry for Watson and Coulson that it hasn't worked out for them, but not a massive surprise. Even though Coulson was probably on comparable money at York, I think there's quite a big gap between Saints' level and English League Two and he's probably found that out. Wonder if it'll make Tommy less likely to look at players from that level in future.

Preston's season was finished loan was up especially after they realesed him aswell the loan was null and void. 

Punt Intae the sea.

hes fuqing shit

SLF is punting not an English River Public Schoolboy pastime and not on the sea??

Have not seen the lad play so cannot comment but remember that there were hints that he was training with us when at Stirling pre signing for Hearts and going back on loan.  That could have been through Cup Tie thouigh.

Hearts released Bikey.

Worth a punt??

Thought I read somewhere that Hearts took him on on amateur terms to see if he was worth paying the development fee for. Not sure but the development fee might still apply if he signs a full contract.

Here's the link....

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dylan-bikey-i-m-playing-without-pay-to-fulfil-my-hearts-dream-1-4379099

Edited by MrBored
Adding the link

Thought I read somewhere that Hearts took him on on amateur terms to see if he was worth paying the development fee for. Not sure but the development fee might still apply if he signs a full contract.

Here's the link....

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dylan-bikey-i-m-playing-without-pay-to-fulfil-my-hearts-dream-1-4379099

Tha nks for that Mr Bored.  At £40K it would be a NO from me.

Goalkeepers

1. Alan Mannus (35) - 2018

12. Zander Clark (24) - 2020

30. Mark Hurst (21) - 2018

Defenders

3. Tam Scobbie (26) - 2016 - Offered new deal

6. Steven Anderson (31) - 2018

14. Joe Shaughnessy (24) - 2019

19. Ricky Foster (31) - 2019

22. Keith Watson (27) - 2018 - Free to leave

24. Brian Easton (29) - 2019

28. Ally Gilchrist (22) - 2018

36. Liam Gordon (21) - 2019 

39. Aaron Comrie (20) - 2019 

??. Jason Kerr (20) - 2019

Midfielders

4. Blair Alston (25) - 2018

7. Chris Millar (34) - 2018

8. Murray Davidson (29) - 2018

10. David Wotherspoon (27) - 2019

17. Michael Coulson (29) - 2018 - Free to leave

18. Paul Paton (30) - 2018

26. Liam Craig (30) - 2019

27. Craig Thomson (22) - 2018

Attackers

9. Steven MacLean (34) - 2018

25. Chris Kane (22) - 2018

29. Graham Cummins (29) - 2018

31. Greg Hurst (20) - 2018

Edited by RandomGuy

George Hunter no living up to much now, eh?

So another prodigious talent 2 years ago is following a lot of other really great prospects out the door.

Anyone shed some light on our piss poor return from the young guns coming through? I'm a huge Kane and Thomo fan but is that the  success ratio nowadays - 3 players including May to years of nurturing. We aren't a buying club so some where down the line we need to start producing good talent instead of relying on an outstanding first team coaching staff who must be on every radar in the country.

So another prodigious talent 2 years ago is following a lot of other really great prospects out the door.

Anyone shed some light on our piss poor return from the young guns coming through? I'm a huge Kane and Thomo fan but is that the  success ratio nowadays - 3 players including May to years of nurturing. We aren't a buying club so some where down the line we need to start producing good talent instead of relying on an outstanding first team coaching staff who must be on every radar in the country.

Neglect of our own youth system for years is the cause, it wasn't until Alistair Stevenson returned that there seemed to be any actual plan there, the current U17s, of whom a lot have been promoted, are already considered to be ahead of most of the U20s in their development. The age group below is considered even better at that stage too.

Sadly I think Hunter just wasnt good enough, it was a huge jump from what was effectively school level to top flight level.

I don't actually think three or four youth prospects in your first team squad is even that bad, tbh. Clark, Thomson and Kane will all likely feature regularly next season.