Player contracts and transfers

David123

This is an interesting tweet - I expected to see Muzz and Millar on there.

Untitled.png

This is an interesting tweet - I expected to see Muzz and Millar on there.

Untitled.png

Hard to believe but Muzz has been subbed only twice in his 26 appearances, once in the 89th minute and the other in 13th minute.

Completed 90 minutes on 20 occasions.

Came on as sub. 4 times, 3 in second half and once at half time.

Ok that may we'll be. Let's try for a proven goal scorer from the lower leagues and give him a try. We are well covered in midfield but lack another striker.

Also we need to replace Danny's penalties. 

Otherwise we have a good squad.

We have needed another striker for 2 season's now. Scougall will probably chase the almighty dollar.

We have needed another striker for 2 season's now. Scougall will probably chase the almighty dollar.

That fact alone is showing us that Tommy is gunning for a goal scoring attacking midfielder, as well as a pacey winger to provide the service to Macca, which will also give Zippy more chances at goal. Although I would go the extra mile and get a striker as you said - one who enhances our "one-paced" squad and shows more technical ability up top than the likes of Zippy - who is just your average striker in this league. It's not like Zippy, Macca or Kano will be running defences ragged next season, so unless we get a quality winger or attacking midfielder this summer, we can kiss goodbye to the cutting edge which we've seen over the past few seasons that have gotten us into the top 6 and Europe.

I think I was yes, although I can't remember why I was against it, probably purely because he'd turned us down for Hearts more than any rational reason.

Pure rumours on Twitter, entirely by Hibs fans, and one Aberdeen fan, not mentioned by any journalist/recognised source, that we're one of the clubs interested in Fraser Fyvie. Not convinced we'd be after a CM, but Millar and Muzz are fairly unreliable options.

Fyvie rejected Hibs new deal and is now looking for a club.

All very quiet! Anyone else beginning to think things are not going to plan?

I wouldn't be too worried, we're one of seven top flight teams not to have signed anyone yet. Aberdeen (1), Hearts (2), Hibernian (2), Motherwell (2), Rangers (2), have been the only active ones.

Think this week was the official ending of most contracts, so in the next fortnight things will pick up, if we've still not signed anyone by then, I'd be getting edgy.

I wouldn't be too worried, we're one of seven top flight teams not to have signed anyone yet. Aberdeen (1), Hearts (2), Hibernian (2), Motherwell (2), Rangers (2), have been the only active ones.

Think this week was the official ending of most contracts, so in the next fortnight things will pick up, if we've still not signed anyone by then, I'd be getting edgy.

We will surely lose the fewest players out of those 7 top flight teams aswell.. Only Swanson, Coulson and Watson to replace.. makes our situation altogether less urgent you would assume 

We will surely lose the fewest players out of those 7 top flight teams aswell.. Only Swanson, Coulson and Watson to replace.. makes our situation altogether less urgent you would assume 

Kilmarnock haven't lost anyone yet, I don't think. Nor have Dundee. 

Reading this with interest, I think there will be "bigger" clubs in for Scougall, much as I'd like to see him here.

As has been suggested, players like Spittal and Fyvie would be much more likely. The thing is of course, are they any better than what we have?

I'd rather see guys like Thomson and Alston being allowed to progress than signing for the sake of signing.

Agree with you there Cristo.

What I'd be asking for every player linked with us is what they will bring to the squad - in particular in relation to what we don't have and need.

What can Fyvie and Spittal bring to us that we don't have already - or what is the void that these players can fill in comparison to the likes of Thomson and Alston?

Edited by Wee Mental Davie