Player contracts and transfers

David123

Signed an 18 year old that's been freed by Nottingham Forest. A Northern Ireland u21 called Kyle McLean.

Exciting times.

I thought it would have been a development signing but it is the first team - http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-sign-northern-irish-youngster5617

"Saints are pleased to announce the signing of 18 year old midfielder Kyle McClean.

Belfast-born McClean had a trial period in Perth in the closing weeks of last season and following his release from Nottingham Forest, he has penned a one-year deal at McDiarmid Park.

Kyle has been included in Northern Ireland’s Under 21 squad for their opening Euro Under 21 Qualifier in Estonia on Thursday.

Tommy Wright said of the new recruit “I was very impressed with Kyle in his trial week here and he will go straight into the first team squad for the season ahead.”"

I thought it would have been a development signing but it is the first team - http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-sign-northern-irish-youngster5617

"Saints are pleased to announce the signing of 18 year old midfielder Kyle McClean.

Belfast-born McClean had a trial period in Perth in the closing weeks of last season and following his release from Nottingham Forest, he has penned a one-year deal at McDiarmid Park.

Kyle has been included in Northern Ireland’s Under 21 squad for their opening Euro Under 21 Qualifier in Estonia on Thursday.

Tommy Wright said of the new recruit “I was very impressed with Kyle in his trial week here and he will go straight into the first team squad for the season ahead.”"

Yep. Bit surprised to see that.

He's obviously brilliant.

Yep. Bit surprised to see that.

He's obviously brilliant.

That probably knocks on the head us going for Charlie Telfer or Liam Henderson or Scott Allen on loan.

Signed an 18 year old that's been freed by Nottingham Forest. A Northern Ireland u21 called Kyle McLean.

Exciting times.

With a name like that, would not be surprised if he's another of Tommy's Irish imports.:wink:

I can find Lewis Maloney

but an American by the name of Connor Maloney here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor_Maloney

and http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-ben-gibson-lewis-maloney-2707892.aspx

Edited by Saintdunc

How would people react if Scougall joins Motherwell? 

They were linked with him same time as us, their manager has claimed they've signed a midfielder but won't announce it until he's back from holiday, and Scougall is in Dubai until next week. They've signed a couple of players who share the same agency as well. 

How would people react if Scougall joins Motherwell? 

They were linked with him same time as us, their manager has claimed they've signed a midfielder but won't announce it until he's back from holiday, and Scougall is in Dubai until next week. They've signed a couple of players who share the same agency as well. 

Same as any other player who doesn't sign for us, won't give one single ****.

Fair enough, was just curious to the reaction losing our clear top target to a similar sized club, who finished much lower, would be. 

Scobbie apparently entered talks with Dundee. 

That seems to have moved quite quickly as the paper this morning was saying they were interested in him.

Guest ScottMann

I wouldn't be too impressed if SS went to Motherwell.

With McCann not long in post and Tam not having signed a Saints contract that's been on the table for a while I can only take it that he was holding off for another club as he knew it was another spell as a squad player with us. Fair enough. If he goes then it's understandable and we shall survive.

Unofficial twitter says he is a Northern Irish under 21 player. 

He travelled with the squad to Estonia but he didn't feature in a 2-1 win for Northern Ireland U21 tonight...

I wouldn't be too impressed if SS went to Motherwell.

With McCann not long in post and Tam not having signed a Saints contract that's been on the table for a while I can only take it that he was holding off for another club as he knew it was another spell as a squad player with us. Fair enough. If he goes then it's understandable and we shall survive.

Well Neil McCann has seen plenty of Tam Scobbie at close quarters so if he does manage to sign him then he is obviously confident in his ability to improve the Dundee defence. Judging by the quality ive seen from guys like McPake, O'Dea, Etxabeguren and Gomis then I think McCann is probably being very shrewd..