Player contracts and transfers

David123

Looks like our Lithuanian striker we are chasing may need his wages upped to £20 a week just bagged 2 tonight I see against the Swedes who were going to kick their ass.

I missed his first. Second was a cracker. broke the offside trap on the counter and was forced wide by a diving keeper near the edge of the area, he spun and curled it in from not too far off of the byline. Both him and Dorley have sprung the offside trap with ease all evening. They've both looked superb.

I see he only joined them this season from another Lithuanian side and has 10 goals in 13 games so I can't see us having much joy. Maybe more of a chance if Norrkoping progress....

There's another young Russian playing in Lithuania with a pretty awesome scoring record this year (11 in 14). Has had spells on loan in France and Portugal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Panyukov

Edited by Pat McGroin

Sorry to bring up this shite again, but I've heard from a very reliable source that Stevie May met the Browns and Tommy for dinner not long ago, looking to push a move through back to us, but the Browns were unwilling to put the club in debt to meet Preston's demands for his release.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Sorry to bring up this shite again, but I've heard from a very reliable source that Stevie May met the Browns and Tommy for dinner not long ago, looking to push a move through back to us, but the Browns were unwilling to put the club in debt to meet Preston's demands for his release.

Was the sticking point, who settled the dinner Bill?:wink:

Maksimov it is then! 

Think this is now irrelevant in that Preston's new manager Alec Neil rates Stevie May and will give him the opportunity to re-establish himself as a goal scoring forward at a higher level than SPFL.

Guest ScottMann

What exactly does 'put the club in debt' mean?

I hope that isn't a criticism of that decision if true. 

Putting a club into debt is a terrible idea. Never mind doing so for 1 player. 

I really doubt there was ever a chance he was coming back to Saints. Over the summer more than once while Mr May was back in Perth over the summer he's told Saints fans when they've asked him about it he has said he is definitely not coming back to Saints. 

As others have said. Neil will give him a chance as well. 

Guest ScottMann

Metaphorically speaking, Preston's demands were too high for the Brown's liking. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, after all, they did pay £1m for him and since then he's done f*ck all due to injury.

Ah right. Doesn't surprise me either and I'm surprised they went as far as they did if it did happen which I've no reason to doubt did happen.

I'm glad for him he's staying at Preston to give it a go. Lets be honest, after an injury that put his career in doubt you don't really know what you're going to get until he's played a substantial number of games. He was never the quickest and speed appears to suffer after such an injury. I think it would be risky for anyone to buy/loan him until January at the earliest. I'm sure Neil will give him every opportunity possible and I hope for Stevie's sake he gets back to the player he was.

I hope that isn't a criticism of that decision if true. 

Putting a club into debt is a terrible idea. Never mind doing so for 1 player. 

I really doubt there was ever a chance he was coming back to Saints. Over the summer more than once while Mr May was back in Perth over the summer he's told Saints fans when they've asked him about it he has said he is definitely not coming back to Saints. 

As others have said. Neil will give him a chance as well. 

Definitely wasn't intended for criticism, thought I'd just share with the group. Hopefully he'll do well under Neil who definitely will give him his fair share of chances.

Guest ScottMann

Screenshot_20170720-111836.png

Looks like the agent has got one of his media mates to put out a 'HELP...unless any of you get your act together he's going to have to go to flipping Scotland. For God sake get the finger out and sign him NOW.' kind of tweet. :laugh: