Player contracts and transfers

David123

As much as Coulson was out of his depth playing with us, he is originally from Scarborough and started his career playing there, so I do wonder whether this almighty drop right down through the leagues to such an exaggerated extent is partly due to family or sentimental reasons.

I watched his video interview. He explained basically what you've said. 

They're having another baby, he wants to setup roots with a family home near his family. 

Edited by Perth Guy

Guest ScottMann

I watched his video interview. He explained basically what you've said. 

They're having another baby, he wants to setup roots with a family home near his family. 

Just as well Dunfermline didn't offer him a deal after his recent trial then.

Scarborough are Level 8 in England, four divisions below League Two. That speaks volumes unfortunately.

Not necessarily. What it could say is that Scarborough have made a bloody good signing for their level. Plus, as others have said, it seems like it's a move that suits his personal life and isn't just about football. It wouldn't hugely surprise me if he gets decent money from Scarborough too.

Guest ScottMann

Not necessarily. What it could say is that Scarborough have made a bloody good signing for their level. Plus, as others have said, it seems like it's a move that suits his personal life and isn't just about football. It wouldn't hugely surprise me if he gets decent money from Scarborough too.

He can't be getting that much as he's having to look for a job and it obviously isn't a case of Scarborough enticing him back with an impossible to refuse financial package. From the interview I take it that he's had no other offers and has had no option but to drop so low, the bonus being he's back home. He only turned 29 in April and admits this has come sooner than expected. If all he wanted to do was get back to Scarborough he wouldn't have gone on trial at Dunfermline. 

Guest ScottMann

5 in 15 games for a shit Killie team. That's a decent return, suggests he could get 15 for us. I'd take that.

Yet Killie fans don't want him back. Hearts fans can't wait to get rid of him. 

Guest ScottMann

Sofien Moussa has scored a first half hat trick for Dundee at Cowdenbeath. Tommy should have signed him. 

(I just wanted to be first to post it)

Sammon has played in the Premiership, and English Championship. Went for big money twice. 1.2 million to Derby from Wigan. 

Hearts fans were moaning all season about their players and manager.

Think he'll do a job. 30, but still looks in decent shape.

Doubt he'll get 20 goals a season tho! 

He's been dining off an excellent 6 months in a Kilmarnock team featuring Eremenko for years now. He offers nothing new to the squad and certainly isn't as good as Maclean. I'd rather take a chance on Habran than sign Sammon. 

Let's be fair to the guy. Loads of guys haven't fitted in at Hearts. Swanson included. He was part of very decent Derby and Wigan sides when being compared to the strength of our squad!