Player contracts and transfers

David123

Get Romain Habran signed up and forget Sammon.

Habran will improve and could be sold on whereas Sammon is in the twilight of his career and nobody would pay good money for him.

Anyway the Tay Salmon Fishery Board do not allow you to keep they must be returned to the river...so lets drown this idea of signing a Sammon.

I suspect you are playing devils advocate in order to go against the strong grain of anger towards this potential signing.

I think Conor Sammon would be a terrible signing...

FWIW I have better things to do than come on and say things for the sake of going against the grain of anger as you put it.

I have also been around for enough years to know that Saints fans and in particular  some of those that post here tend to make judgements on players without giving them an opportunity.

I actually thought Hearts did well getting him. As for Hearts fans they did not like Danny either.  

I'm not sure the fact Sammon scored a lot of his goals being set up by Erimenko can be used as a negative as the fact is... He still scored them!

You could even use that point to argue the complete opposite point. He scored goals, because the service was good. 

Therefore has he had bad service at every other club?

He's just not very good IMO. 

Guest ScottMann

FWIW I have better things to do than come on and say things for the sake of going against the grain of anger as you put it.

I have also been around for enough years to know that Saints fans and in particular  some of those that post here tend to make judgements on players without giving them an opportunity.

I actually thought Hearts did well getting him. As for Hearts fans they did not like Danny either.  

There's a difference between a player being criticised for just not being liked at a previous club or disliking some of his tweets and why people are against us signing Sammon, who is seen as not being up to the job he is being brought in to do, opinions formed through first hand experience.

There's a difference between a player being criticised for just not being liked at a previous club or disliking some of his tweets and why people are against us signing Sammon, who is seen as not being up to the job he is being brought in to do, opinions formed through first hand experience.

First hand experience so you are a spl player. I bow down to you sir.:laugh:

It's all about opinions mines is Gove him a try. 

Guest ScottMann

First hand experience so you are a spl player. I bow down to you sir.:laugh:

It's all about opinions mines is Gove him a try. 

Scone Pool League? nah.

My opinion is you could be on to something. Gove would probably be a better choice than Sammon up front. It'd at least get him out of politics.

Edited by ScottMann

Unofficial Twitter has the story about us going after Miles Storey of Aberdeen. A story started by Scott Burns of the Daily Express, the most reliable source for Aberdeen. Apparently Kilmarnock and Thistle also in for him. 

Unofficial Twitter also has a quote from TW saying he's speaking to "three or four" players at the moment. Maybe suggests he's speaking to all the different options to weigh up which would be the best use of his budget, and whether any would allow him another player. 

Assume Sammon and Storey are two, could suggest Habran was a third, and Lee Erwin, released from Leeds, has claimed to be in talks with "a few Scottish clubs", and were one of the top flight clubs after a striker. No source for that last one though, just my own pondering so it's likely not true. 

Unofficial Twitter has the story about us going after Miles Storey of Aberdeen. A story started by Scott Burns of the Daily Express, the most reliable source for Aberdeen. Apparently Kilmarnock and Thistle also in for him. 

Unofficial Twitter also has a quote from TW saying he's speaking to "three or four" players at the moment. Maybe suggests he's speaking to all the different options to weigh up which would be the best use of his budget, and whether any would allow him another player. 

Assume Sammon and Storey are two, could suggest Habran was a third, and Lee Erwin, released from Leeds, has claimed to be in talks with "a few Scottish clubs", and were one of the top flight clubs after a striker. No source for that last one though, just my own pondering so it's likely not true. 

Do you think Michael O'Halloran is now out of the picture all together? I doubt it, I think he will be one that he is waiting on the Club releasing or coming to a pay-off agreement with.

Do you think Michael O'Halloran is now out of the picture all together? I doubt it, I think he will be one that he is waiting on the Club releasing or coming to a pay-off agreement with.

I've no idea tbh, there's not been any stories or rumours about it for a while. My personal feeling is that TW still wants him, but we're not able/not prepared to me the demands of Rangers. Could be a case that they'll be seeking a permanent move for him and if that doesn't come about, they'll allow him to be loaned out late in the window. Just what I'm thinking about it all, not based on any facts.