Player contracts and transfers

David123

Do not get signing MOH until January.  We will get him fit and confident again for THe THe to sell him on.

Habran would have been a better option on a longer deal where we could then have sold on for decent money.

MOH not exactly the jewel I hoped we would sign more costume jewellery than a precious stone.

If we've got him for 5 months paying less than 20% of his salary, what's the problem. He might be able to negotiate a release in January.

If we've got him for 5 months paying less than 20% of his salary, what's the problem. He might be able to negotiate a release in January.

He's got 3 years left on his deal, they won't just release him. Especially after paying a fee to bring him in. We are simply getting him up to speed so that Rangers can make some money back.

Pat the operative words in your statement are IF and might be able to negotiate.

You and I are both in the dark about how much he is costing Saints.

Would love it to be the figure you suggest then there will hopefully be money in the kitty to bring in the jewel Tommy promised us.

Edited by Templar Saint

Someone ITK has informed me that he's costing around £1k a week. The deal suits both parties in that sense. 

I get that this ticks a lot of boxes, and if he is motivated then I'm sure he will do well for us, but it just seems like a very temporary fix which leaves us back at square one in a few months time.

Not to mention it also handicaps us in at least two games against Rangers, who were the team we finished closest to in the league last year. If he is indeed going put in some points-winning performances then it's the teams around us, like Rangers, that we need to be winning those points against.

Fair bit of negativity on here about MOH coming back just wondering what the reaction would have been if he had signed for Motherwell today and not us (in exactly the same deal) would those same people be slagging of the club for not pulling out all the stops to get him back 

People evidently forgetting just how good MOH was for us. 

As @Radford 72 alluded to, signing him means we don't HAVE to sign a striker as well now. The variety in the roles he can play means it's not as important as it otherwise may have been. 

I can only assume those who aren't happy with this were out of the country for the entirety of 2015. 

People evidently forgetting just how good MOH was for us. 

As @Radford 72 alluded to, signing him means we don't HAVE to sign a striker as well now. The variety in the roles he can play means it's not as important as it otherwise may have been. 

I can only assume those who aren't happy with this were out of the country for the entirety of 2015. 

Haven't seen anybody criticising his ability.

Think back to O'Hallorans last season with us, when he was only here until January yet won us countless points and was easily the most entertaining player to watch in a clogger filled team (even by our standards.) If he's here for the same period again and has a similar impact its more than worth it even if it doesn't last forever, could be the difference between 4th and 6th.

Also worth remembering our team now is better than it was then, and the thought of Scougall feeding O'Halloran is pretty tasty. We needed pace, who else can we get that would provide that along with O'Hallorans power? Chance also for Thomson to learn from him and we could potentially just swap MOH for Thomson in games against Rangers to see if he's up to filling his role in the squad once O'Halloran inevitably ends up at Rotherham in January. 

Edited by Zamora Fan
Stray -

I haven't seen Habran play but just wondering, from those who have, how would people feel if we were to sign both MOH and Habran and no out-and-out striker? Seems to me like both players are fast and can play right across the front line and could really transform the way we attack. I'd be pretty happy with that.

I haven't seen Habran play but just wondering, from those who have, how would people feel if we were to sign both MOH and Habran and no out-and-out striker? Seems to me like both players are fast and can play right across the front line and could really transform the way we attack. I'd be pretty happy with that.

I suspect there's more chance of that happening than there is of us signing an out and out striker. I can see us maybe going with Macca up top and two advanced wide players (Habran/MOH/Wotherspoon) with Scougall in an advanced central role. 

That with Muzz and Millar sitting could look pretty tasty

Edited by Pat McGroin

Haven't seen anybody criticising his ability.

Never said that there were. Just find it baffling that people could be anything but excited by this if they'd saw how he played for us. He's pacy, direct and exciting, i'd much rather we have him until January than another club in the league, as should anyone who saw him play in 2015. 

Never said that there were. Just find it baffling that people could be anything but excited by this if they'd saw how he played for us. He's pacy, direct and exciting, i'd much rather we have him until January than another club in the league, as should anyone who saw him play in 2015. 

Agree completely. MOH's form meant we didn't feel the loss of Stevie May. 

He moved too early, a lot of people said it here at the time. He's a player than still has room for improvement and I suspect we'll see a very hungry player considering he's been in the wilderness since he left Perth.

If Mikey still has 3yrs to go on his contract at Gers, then that for me increased the chances of the loan being extended for the full season once this term is up, although the terms may need to be re negotiated

Would be happy with that. If only up to end of year though, I would be concerned that we would struggle to find a replacement in the January window

I'd agree with all of that. Just taken aback slightly by the short-term nature of the deal, which will leave us with a hole to fill yet again come January. But as you say, we know what MOH is capable of and I would much rather he was wearing a Saints shirt creating chances for us as opposed to against us.

I'm intrigued now to see which of the other names will be our final signing. If we come out of this window with three positive and exciting first team starters (even if MOH is only here short term), plus a couple of youngsters who can deputise, then we should on the whole be very pleased with Tommy's work this summer.

Guest ScottMann

Come to think of it he's obviously been brought in purely to win us the League Cup. Tommy will then swap him in January for someone else to regain the Scottish Cup. 

Absolutely pissed off at MOH signing on loan. 

Before you jump, this signing should've been made before the Europa League qualifiers. What has changed at the club from then end of last season til now?

Bloody shocking it took so long from our "interest" in getting the player back.

Wish MOH all the best, when he's on form he terrorises defenders.