Player contracts and transfers

David123

There is also the argument that these type of players do not carry a high employment value now, Yes they would have been on a better pay scale in other teams youth set up's but they are now cut loose into the big open world of football, and some are now completely lost to be honest! they have been looked after, run here and there accommodation supplied, etc etc.

The two we have picked up from Nottingham Forrest and Blackburn will look at this as at least they are still involved in the senior game at the minute I do think this is a problem where youngsters starting from to 10 up until 22 can be in this potential bubble then are cast loose and in reality are not at the level required, I would put Liam Caddis in this category as well, he was always doing well as a youngster but never really progressed later on in his twenties, possibly peaked at 16-17 and never really improved after this, however he had little bargaining power so would be easy to deal with as he knew nothing else was ever really on the horizon,

This is not meant as being critical of any players talent just a idea that some of these players we have signed now and in the past could have been costing the club very little to try and get them a foothold back in the game.  

The example above about Hunter and McLean is a good one Hunter had a few teams after him at the time (reportable any way) so he had a bit of bargaining behind him , McLean and Hendry may not have had many suitors at their door when they were released,

Does anyone know where Clive Smith has landed up at yet (Only interested as he may be in this position now).             

Think he is still unattached.

I'm sure that Saints fans will understand the need to keep quiet on certain things. There's a reason why the names of Miles Storey and Conor Sammon have been revealed in the press whilst another particular name hasn't. Tommy clearly doesn't want the information to be leaked and it's probably in the club's best interests to prevent it from doing so.

We promise not to tell anyone 

I'm not convinced we don't have the strikers. Last season we struggled for any decent delivery in the box. Wotherspoon was off the boil, Alston was adjusting and Swanson didn't actually create many clear chances. MacLean is a proper poacher, his goals per shot stat is incredible. Cummins was incredible last time MOH was here, and whilst he's been missing sitter after sitter, he's still getting into positions to miss them, it goes that way with strikers, but if they keep getting there, eventually they'll get their reward. Kanes the only one I worry about, but at Dumbarton he seemed to play more in the box, getting onto rebounds/crosses, if he understands that the midfield will do the work, and he simply needs to be there at the end, he could still come good. 

I'd still like another forward, like Storey, who provides a different option to keep things fresh, but I'm not hugely worried that our strikers aren't good enough yet, if they likes of MOH, Scougall, Wotherspoon and Alston can create multiple chances a match, and they still struggle to get goals, then id be more worried. 

So basically your going to wait till we sign someone then say I knew it all along

Nah, I won't claim to have known anything. I'll just be happy that the deal has gone through and it's finally out in the open.

I like your style though, bankfoot saint. You're determined. I admire that.

But as I say, I need £1000. Seriously. I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm Steve Brown. I need £1000 or this signing won't happen.

Nah, I won't claim to have known anything. I'll just be happy that the deal has gone through and it's finally out in the open.

But as I say, I need £1000. Seriously. I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm Steve Brown. I need £1000 or this signing won't happen.

Ok just waiting on my new Nigerian uncle sending money to my account as he promised to do once I wire the money he needs to do all the paperwork 

How how do you know it wasn't top of his list? Maybe his top target wasn't available early on and he was prepared to wait? He's replaced Swanson and brought in much needed pace, so has actually improved us from last season, a season which we finished 4th with the strikers available. 

Im not saying we don't need a new striker, we clearly do, but I fail to see how any saints fan could be disappointed by the way this transfer is going. 

Because Tommy said in an interview yesterday that they were his top two targets. He seems a reasonable source ;)

Its not that I'm disappointed with the signings, anything but, but we do tend to end up with uneven squads under Tommy. Our midfield strength this year is incredible but Strikers are short. We've been fortunate Macca has stayed fit the last two years.

Edited by Broon

Guest ScottMann

If other clubs know nothing of Saints trying to sign the mythical Golden Striker and would only find out about it by stumbling over his name as they were reading through some fans websites before they went to bed then the agent of said wonder-player is doing an unbelievably crap job.

RS,

just sent you a Bitcoin *for anonymity*,  here's address.....1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT

Believe this will cover required fund, immediate PM expected

Very impressed with our transfers business so far this summer.  Be over the moon with any of Storey, Ciftci or Stokes.  Hopefully we will see some of the young defenders emerge as genuine first-team material.  I've been very impressed with Gilchrist and Gordon and even more so with Comrie.  Given Foster's indifferent pre-season, I can see Comrie getting a chance this season - hopefully he grabs it with both hands.

Very impressed with our transfers business so far this summer.  Be over the moon with any of Storey, Ciftci or Stokes.  Hopefully we will see some of the young defenders emerge as genuine first-team material.  I've been very impressed with Gilchrist and Gordon and even more so with Comrie.  Given Foster's indifferent pre-season, I can see Comrie getting a chance this season - hopefully he grabs it with both hands.

Agree. Been very impressed whenever I've seen Comrie this pre-season in particular.

One more push to get a quality striker in. It's clear we're going for a high profile player - here's hoping its the quality of player you've mentioned above rather than a huddy like Sammon.