Player contracts and transfers

David123

The expectations been built up by the 'I'm ITK but can't tell you who it is/they are but if it all comes off it'll be a big upgrade on what we're used to' plonkers. The lure of oneupmanship is obviously greater than just shutting up and getting on with life.

If I wasn't 'ITK', I'd probably assume that there wasn't a new signing in the pipeline and I'd be a bit concerned about that. In that scenario, I'd love it if someone was in a position to confirm that the wheels were in motion and that there was nothing to worry about.

It's nothing to do with 'oneupmanship'. I just think that some people would like to know these things, regardless of how specific or open I'm allowed to be.

When the club's social media isn't as informative or transparent as you'd like it to be, you whinge about it. When you receive information that the club has a couple of high-quality signing targets, you whinge about it. If you're wanting the club to reveal full details of their transfer targets and current contract negotiations (or if you're wanting ITK supporters to leak those details and jeopardise the chances of any deal going ahead), I imagine you'll end up being disappointed. Still, you can have a good old whinge about it.

In short, you're extremely tedious.

The expectations been built up by the 'I'm ITK but can't tell you who it is/they are but if it all comes off it'll be a big upgrade on what we're used to' plonkers. The lure of oneupmanship is obviously greater than just shutting up and getting on with life.

To be fair, if we all shut up and got on with life, this forum would become rather pointless. 

I love the speculation and the obvious fishing trips. It's what makes this place interesting at this time of year. 

If I wasn't 'ITK', I'd probably assume that there wasn't a new signing in the pipeline and I'd be a bit concerned about that. In that scenario, I'd love it if someone was in a position to confirm that the wheels were in motion and that there was nothing to worry about.

It's nothing to do with 'oneupmanship'. I just think that some people would like to know these things, regardless of how specific or open I'm allowed to be.

When the club's social media isn't as informative or transparent as you'd like it to be, you whinge about it. When you receive information that the club has a couple of high-quality signing targets, you whinge about it. If you're wanting the club to reveal full details of their transfer targets and current contract negotiations (or if you're wanting ITK supporters to leak those details and jeopardise the chances of any deal going ahead), I imagine you'll end up being disappointed. Still, you can have a good old whinge about it.

Was going to post the same last night, but couldn't be arsed

Guest ScottMann

Cracking meltdown Napoleon. Best you pop back to P&B and keep on arrogantly sneering at WAP and it's users. 

Guest ScottMann

To be fair, if we all shut up and got on with life, this forum would become rather pointless. 

I love the speculation and the obvious fishing trips. It's what makes this place interesting at this time of year. 

I normally like speculation about transfers too but it's how it's done combined with it going on for so long that grates. 

The name I heard a while back is the one mentioned.

I suspect that the hold up may be down to registration problems. The player pulled a "Diego Costa" and just buggered off from Egypt without permission from his club claiming that he felt unsafe. 

I believe it's a bit of a mess and requires some sort of hearing involving FIFA to sort it out. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

The name I heard a while back is the one mentioned.

I suspect that the hold up may be down to registration problems. The player pulled a "Diego Costa" and just buggered off from Egypt without permission from his club claiming that he felt unsafe. 

I believe it's a bit of a mess and requires some sort of hearing involving FIFA to sort it out. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Pat McGroin

dave mc likes this 1 Like this
  •  
  •  
  • FFs could we no just sign Stevie May and keep it simple ?

Injury proneness aside it can't be on-the-pitch aspects that would make anyone want rid of Millar. Is the rumour that it's something else? 

I am sure someone from club reads this forum & can see the speculation but zero communications.

Ross also leaving apparently but nothing on that.

What exactly does the SLO do ?.

I am sure someone from club reads this forum & can see the speculation but zero communications.

SLO has been in touch with fans groups regarding getting their groups mentioned on a dedicated page on the club's website and in the match programme.

Think this is an attempt to redress the "club don't engage with the fans" punters.

Noticed that the newly formed Strathearn supporters had a mention.

They paid £1.5m for him, and he's got two years left on his deal. You're telling me they're paying off his contract and costing themselves money to get rid of him? 

I'm not telling you "they're paying off his contract"

What I said was sorting out a financial departure, however much that will be is not known.

You seem to be quite upset that the club don't consult you regarding the ins and outs of their staffing and HR process. I'm sure some recognition will be given when ross leaves his post, and rightly so, but even then they have no obligation to.

Injury proneness aside it can't be on-the-pitch aspects that would make anyone want rid of Millar. Is the rumour that it's something else? 

Seen it on Facebook the other day I hope not even  70 mins of midge every game is better than most

Edited by tucker