Player contracts and transfers

David123

Looked a decent prospect give the lad a chance would rather that some bench warmer who costs to much, anyone heard the rumours about midge,that saints want shot of him but he says he is staying,still prefer midge to Paton in the middle 

He has had a problem with his hip apparently. Did see he is back in full training but looked a good bit off the pace in sprints etc. 

You seem to be quite upset that the club don't consult you regarding the ins and outs of their staffing and HR process. I'm sure some recognition will be given when ross leaves his post, and rightly so, but even then they have no obligation to.

I am not upset about anything. All I was saying with all the speculation about things connected to the club by all those ITK ,the club could clarify things.

I am sure someone from club reads this forum & can see the speculation but zero communications.

Ross also leaving apparently but nothing on that.

What exactly does the SLO do ?.

If you Google Supporters Liaison Officer you will find job description (s).

Hope this helps.:wink:

Reading Tommy's interview in the Eve Tele, he is looking for the following:

• A striker
  • Needs to be Scottish or know Scottish League well
  • Needs to be in budget
  • Needs to start

I'd say that getting the 4 criteria areas will be very challenging.  Can't think who this could be?

On a seperate matter, if Ross has left/is leaving -  big loss.   Great job with Saints TV etc.

I am not upset about anything. All I was saying with all the speculation about things connected to the club by all those ITK ,the club could clarify things.

Does the club normally comment when a member of office staff leaves? Or when they're still working their notice period? The latter doesn't seem very appropriate in my opinion.

Does the club normally comment when a member of office staff leaves? Or when they're still working their notice period? The latter doesn't seem very appropriate in my opinion.

The comment about Ross was just an afterthought.

My main point was the speculation regarding Midge & transfers.

If you Google Supporters Liaison Officer you will find job description (s).

Hope this helps.:wink:

I know what the SLO is meant to . My question was what does our SLO do..

Under article 35 of new Uefa club licencing & financial regulations clubs must appoint SLO with aim of ensuring better communication between club & fans.

Under article 35 of new Uefa club licencing & financial regulations clubs must appoint SLO with aim of ensuring better communication between club & fans.

I suspect she's probably doing quite a lot behind the scenes, others have mentioned reaching out to supporters groups recently etc. The SJFC SLO social media profile is also used frequently to communicate directly with fans and answer any questions (https://twitter.com/SJFC_SLO/with_replies).

But perhaps there could be an way to update fans about the work taking place, a monthly blog on the website or video updates on youtube, something like that.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

The communication is about safety, issues around supporters attending matches, ticket problems,match day issues, info on accessibility/parking/prices etc. It is not about informing supporters about who is leaving Saints in terms of staff , playing staff or support staff. The SLO can relay issues that supporters have about attending/supporting their team whether that is at home or away

Tommy's interview with the Courier today:

“Every manager will think they have done well with their transfer business but only time will tell,” said Wright.

“Their two additions up top certainly make them stronger on paper but players have to do well and go out and perform. How quickly players settle into a new club is also a factor but Sammon and Storey have both been in Scotland and know the league so that limits the risk factor. They are two good acquisitions for Partick.

“Sammon played left the other night and while he probably prefers to play through the middle he is adaptable. The new men will give them a bit more flexibility and a bit of power and pace up front.

“But we are happy with what we have done so far. Our business has been pretty good but we do need a striker in.

“With Kane going out and the emergence of Hendry we aren’t weaker in terms of quality but we are one down.

“It’s no secret we have been looking for a striker for a while now but he has to be one who will come in and make a difference, not just be a squad player.”

Wright added: “We have missed out on one or two who I feel would have done a job. But if I don’t get anyone who I feel can make the squad better I will go with what I have got.

“As a manager I have got the two players I wanted over the summer and the last one will be the hardest to get.

“Everyone wants a striker and we are all probably looking at the same ones. We have to make sure we get the right one in.”

Partick Thistle are the only Scottish team to have beaten Saints so far this season but Wright doesn’t believe there is any deep mystery regarding their Betfred Cup exit to the Firhill side.

“This time it is quite simple,” he pointed out. “We have to defend better and take our chances. We have to be better at both ends of the pitch than we were in the cup game.

“We certainly defended much better against Motherwell and when the chances came we were clinical. We have to take those positives into this mach.

“But it’s not about us looking for revenge. If you need that to motivate you it doesn’t help. The motivation is to win three points.

“There’s a feel good factor here but we try not to get a carried way to much with ups and downs. The extremes prompted by wins and losses are for the supporters to live with, not players.

“We know it’s a long season. This has only been a good start but we want to build on it.  We know the likelihood is that we won’t be top of the league at the end of the season so we just have to enjoy this week and try to get a win which takes us closer to 10 points and our initial target.”

Blair Alston is a doubt for the match, with Wright reporting: “Blair has a thigh niggle which we will assess again. He picked up a dead leg a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have flared up a bit. If there is any doubt about him we won’t risk him but hopefully he will be OK.”

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Options running out.

What are you on about dafty?

The three strikers TW has identified are currently contracted to other clubs. One we would struggle to get a permit for, another we are waiting on FIFA making a decision on and the last may be available nearer the end of the window. It's not ****ing rocket science to say we are waiting on Jewel#3 rather than bring in dross like Sammon.

What are you on about dafty?

The three strikers TW has identified are currently contracted to other clubs. One we would struggle to get a permit for, another we are waiting on FIFA making a decision on and the last may be available nearer the end of the window. It's not ****ing rocket science to say we are waiting on Jewel#3 rather than bring in dross like Sammon.

He has said himself he was interested in Sammon & Storey . There has been others that those ITK have been linking us with. There has been a few other strikers that we were not interested being signed up.

What I am on about dafty is ,where is this jewel we are after ?. Hope you know.