Player contracts and transfers

David123

I don't rate Kane that much anymore, and it's a bit disconcerting to see a lack of goals from him down there, but once you look a bit deeper you see that even Stephen Dobbie has only scored in one game for them so far, so you have to wonder if there's a more deep rooted problem than simply Kane not scoring. 

St Johnstone and Dundee United are vying for the signature of Dundalk striker David McMillan. The 28-year-old, who has netted 47 goals in more than 100 games, is keen to move. (Scottish Sun)

If he does not sign for us and goes to Dabs then it shows a lack of ambition......why want to be a championship player instead of proving yourself in top league?

Edited by Templar Saint

Squad looks like it will need some mid season surgery as I can see crazy Pedro blocking an extended deal for mikey to put him in to train with the U16 reserves at Rangers.  Just because it seems like the type of guy he is.

Denny Johnstone loan should be terminated as I have seen nothing to suggest he will offer anything to the squad. No idea what will happen with Chris Kane as it says a lot that Jason Kerr has more goals for QoS than Kane.

I would give habran a call

Edited by Jenko82
Jason Kerr not Mark Kerr

Danny not even on bench today, get him back in January at least he knows where the goal is

He was on the bench. I liked Swanson but I struggle to believe signing a 31yo winger who generally takes two months to get up to speed and then leaves at the first opportunity is going to solve any problems for us, I'd actually suggest Scougall could be a longer term solution. 

He was on the bench. I liked Swanson but I struggle to believe signing a 31yo winger who generally takes two months to get up to speed and then leaves at the first opportunity is going to solve any problems for us, I'd actually suggest Scougall could be a longer term solution. 

Scougall starting to show signs of being a key player for us. Play him in the middle with Muzz or Pates

I don't see what Paton would have brought to the team over Millar or even Craig yesterday. The fact you'd describe both as more mobile than Paton highlights the big weakness with him IMO. Millar is far more composed on the ball and can win it back (and emerge with it) without ending up on his arse.

Paton can ping a pass but then we were getting the ball to players in space out wide yesterday, only for their final decision to let them down.

Paton hasn't been the disaster I feared after his first few games but I'm not close to subscribing to his fan club, which I appreciate is of reasonable number.

I know he’s not everyone’s favourite but if muzz is out for whatever reason then I feel that Pates has to play. In fact the way he was playing before the international break he should be starting anyway. 

Question- why was muzz not there?

Sure someone's mentioned he had a strain so wasn't risked, should be fit for Tuesday. 

Only think we lacked him for was his height, and even then he barely seems to get forward these days anyway. 

I know he’s not everyone’s favourite but if muzz is out for whatever reason then I feel that Pates has to play. In fact the way he was playing before the international break he should be starting anyway. 

Question- why was muzz not there?

Not sure - thought we really missed his height in the middle.

Edited by templeofsaints