Player contracts and transfers

David123

5 minutes ago, john.w said:

With all these midfielders on their way should Millar, Craig, Alston, Wotherspoon etc be worried?

Too right they should after their recent inept performances! 

Hopefully the Man U lad proves to be as good as Abeid was a few years back.

Odds on O'Halloran making a last minute return?

9 minutes ago, john.w said:

With all these midfielders on their way should Millar, Craig, Alston, Wotherspoon etc be worried?

Millar and Alston the most likely, I reckon. 

1 minute ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

Too right they should after their recent inept performances! 

Hopefully the Man U lad proves to be as good as Abeid was a few years back.

Odds on O'Halloran making a last minute return?

MOH is not returning. 

7 minutes ago, john.w said:

Would think Midge, Liam and Alston will move on.  Either now or end of the season.  Spooky still contracted I think. I would keep him for next season anyway. 

Alston seems to have regressed to me.  I thought he was a player who would improve with us but it's just not happening for him. 

Just now, Kinnoull Kicker said:

..and how do you know this?.

Because he's not. There was reports last week Rangers wanted to sell him permanently and had no interest in loaning him, TW admitted a week or two ago there was no chance of us getting him back, and we've signed one winger and are heavily linked with another. 

Literally everything points to him not signing for us. 

That said if Stevie Brown fancies opening his wallet and making Rangers a cheeky wee offer for MOH I’d happily see him back at Saints. Imagine Saints playing with 2 pacy wingers along with Kane & McMillan. We’d no doubt concede a few but hopefully we’d become a “they scored 2 but we scored 5” type of team

3 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

That said if Stevie Brown fancies opening his wallet and making Rangers a cheeky wee offer for MOH I’d happily see him back at Saints. Imagine Saints playing with 2 pacy wingers along with Kane & McMillan. We’d no doubt concede a few but hopefully we’d become a “they scored 2 but we scored 5” type of team

Rangers will want a chunk of their £500k back, and how much of a wage drop will MOH accept from £8k a week?

Ita not viable, sadly. 

I wouldn't believe everything you read ! Do you honestly believe Rangers would prefer to hold on to him if he is not sold in this window given the signings they have made and his absence from the first team squad when the could loan him out, get a financial contribution and have him in a shop window for sale in the summer? and as for TW seem to recall him saying he would not have Swanson back.......! Anyway we won't have long to see if someone else is brought in. just hope the recruits make an immediate impact.

Just now, Saints11 said:

Is SB actually opening his wallet if these guys are coming on loan. Are salaries not paid by the parent club?

2 minutes ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

I wouldn't believe everything you read ! Do you honestly believe Rangers would prefer to hold on to him if he is not sold in this window given the signings they have made and his absence from the first team squad when the could loan him out, get a financial contribution and have him in a shop window for sale in the summer? and as for TW seem to recall him saying he would not have Swanson back.......! Anyway we won't have long to see if someone else is brought in. just hope the recruits make an immediate impact.

I believe we're not signing MOH. If you want spend the next six hours waiting for it to be announced that's up to you

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I believe we're not signing MOH. If you want spend the next six hours waiting for it to be announced that's up to you

You have moved from MOH is not returning to I believe  we are not signing MOH.

So really you are like the rest of us and don' have a clue whether saints are still interested in bringing him back or not.

Better if you just say you don' think we will sign him. 

1 minute ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

That's right you stick to quoting tittle tattle, which usually ranges from accurate to nonsense, and avoid debate

What are you wanting from me, exactly? 

You think there's a chance we're signing him, I don't. I base it on things I've read on Rangers behalf, and on Saints behalf, you've based it on the fact you don't believe rumours. There's literally nothing else to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Saints11 said:

Aird on the right Freddie on the left aahhh these were the days