Player contracts and transfers

David123

Well, we desperately need new blood and McMillan returning would be like a transfusion (sic).

Off loading high earners like Muzz and Macca, and replaced with Championship, 1st or 2nd Division players, will only end with us slipping away down to the 2nd tier, and we know how difficult a league it is to get out of.

It is to be hoped that Mr Brown can assist TW in finding some quality options, sooner rather than later, otherwise it is going to be a mopping up exercise getting only the dregs that are left.

I live in hope though.

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Better than Macca? On the same or less wages? Somehow I doubt that

Do you think Macca has been performing to that a high standard all season? 5 goals iirc,which Mikey scored in 5 games,and I can’t remember many assists either.He was top notch at what he did,but this season is one too many imo, but it’s all about opinions 

5 hours ago, St Spikey said:

Just a thought but will Macca be able to play on Hearts new Hybrid pitch they are meant to be getting.  I presume they have thought of that already but would be quite amusing if he cannot?!?!

It will probably be the same as Murrayfield which he played on. I believe it's more reinforced grass than a plastic number.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

They can't take a good beating can they? One guy seems to only be existing to see us relegated!

Do you think this guy has noticed that every year we lose our best players and still constantly do well in the league. No offence to Macca but he’s not been our best player for a few years so as gutted as I am to seen him go for all the things he’s done for saints I would assume that him leaving opens up a fair bit of our wage bill.

13 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Better than Macca? On the same or less wages? Somehow I doubt that

I think this was McLeans last season contributing to the standard we need. He’s not a nailed on starter and will be on a starters wage. Yes he’s a massively intelligent player and a legend, but sentimentality aside, there is better out there. If there isn’t, then the markets buggered.  

Just now, Havana Saint said:

Glad to hear that Tommy is pleased with early transfer discussions with Broon, we need some quality. On a related issue, watching the semi final just now, Stevie May is a complete shadow of the player he was. 

Was coming in to post that, absolutely no confidence in him just now and it shows. McInnes clearly has no idea how to use him though. 

Wouldn't be stunned if Aberdeen have a mini-clear out this Summer and hes one of the victims.