Player contracts and transfers

David123

Mannus has been great keeper for us sorry he is going, losing Alan macca and possibly muzz and midge all winners we will struggle without all these great player's for saints and all big influence in the dressing room, really hard and big summer for saints unfortunately to replace great performancers

3 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

It's definitely going to be the most interesting summer for at least a decade. 

Exactly what a lot of fans have been calling for. Fingers crossed it all works out. Looking forward to seeing a new look team come July. 

I think loosing either Macca of Mannus would have been unexpected and won’t hamper the team on the pitch just too much, but would be worried if you loose too many senior pros in one summer, especially if as expected Midge goes and possibly Ando and Davidson too. Lot of experiance there, not just of the league, but of the club and what it is all about.

Team needs freshening up and like you, excited to see what shape it will take. Tommy will really be judged on just how right he gets these signings.

Pure guessing, but I think Doolan from Partick would be a ready made replacement for Macca if they go down. Or maybe even Billy Mackay. Not expecting a wow signing, but Tommy will have bit more wages to play with than he has for a while, so depends on whether he goes with quality over quantity.

I've a horrible feeling Muzz has rejected a contract. 

We know for a fact Tanser and MacLean have been offered contracts, and were offered them at some point over the past month. 

Wouldn't be wild to suggest we'd see Muzz as a higher priority than those two, so is it mad to suggest it's been over a month since we offered him an extension? 

I've no idea how long contract talks usually talk, but he's got previous for leaving our offer on the table while he looks for something better. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I've a horrible feeling Muzz has rejected a contract. 

We know for a fact Tanser and MacLean have been offered contracts, and were offered them at some point over the past month. 

Wouldn't be wild to suggest we'd see Muzz as a higher priority than those two, so is it mad to suggest it's been over a month since we offered him an extension? 

I've no idea how long contract talks usually talk, but he's got previous for leaving our offer on the table while he looks for something better. 

Allegedly , Muzz has a financial condition in his contract that would need cleared before he can move allegedly  

6 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Id have thought he would have resolved that by now - or get a signing on fee that go a long way to clearing it

I don't know the specifics that you are talking about but if a player has a contract and it ends then surely there is no stopping him moving on, otherwise the contract would be for an indefinite period until x was cleared up.

Wouldn't want Stokes anywhere near our club. The baggage he brings with him, with his links to and attendance at pro IRA functions, makes him, in common with the open sectarianism displayed by supporters of both sides of the Old Firm, the biggest part of what is wrong with Scottish Football