Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Good shout but maybe they will go for a manager with experience.............step forward Dave McKay with Midge player/coach.

He has his assistant in Frazer so could not see that happening. The name being mentioned on twitter is a certain former Saints player called McCoist.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Michael O'Halloran spotted in the tunnel after the Old Firm game today shaking hands with every Celtic player. 

I assume that's the final nail in his coffin at Rangers tbh. 

Hopefully their desperation to get rid makes him cheap. 

Think they might have a "Bigger problem to get rid of first" Random, some £20K a week, alcoholic, been caught pissing in a fountain seemingly  :wink:  .

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I am sure you could start a war in an empty house.

If it is the handshake that was on the Tele. Actually he shook hands with Brendan Rodgers who went over to speak to him and another rangers player. 

They just came out of the changing room and the Celtic squad were already out on the pitch. :laugh:

That's it then, he was telling him to get himself back with his mate Tommy Wright and play football again.  

Hearing Morton may be in a bit of difficulty in the near future, The Old Man Rae bankrolled his beloved club for many a year to keep them afloat put in a fair amount of his own money to do  this, at this minute his son has been left in charge and he is not so keen to spend his inheritance on a football team (Where have I heard this before?). the Easdale's the local bus company owners( Who were involved with Charles Green at Sevco) would like to get involved in the club but the community/fans are a bit apprehensive about them getting involved.

I would suggest a body swerve for any of our cup legends to be honest! 

40 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Hearing Morton may be in a bit of difficulty in the near future, The Old Man Rae bankrolled his beloved club for many a year to keep them afloat put in a fair amount of his own money to do  this, at this minute his son has been left in charge and he is not so keen to spend his inheritance on a football team (Where have I heard this before?). the Easdale's the local bus company owners( Who were involved with Charles Green at Sevco) would like to get involved in the club but the community/fans are a bit apprehensive about them getting involved.

I would suggest a body swerve for any of our cup legends to be honest! 

Should this be in "Saints Chat"?

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Michael O'Halloran spotted in the tunnel after the Old Firm game today shaking hands with every Celtic player.

I don't get this. Surely every player shook hands with every Celtic player? Isn't that what happens at the end of every match?

46 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Back on topic. Radio Forth stating Saints have made an approach to Hearts goalie Jack Hamilton. 

Personally feel we should have a new thread for every transfer window. Do other posters prefer this one big thread or feel this summer deserves a new one to discuss the four or five players we are looking for?

On Jack Hamilton, the manager obviously feels he needs two strong goalkeepers over saving money from the budget. It's hardly the guaranteed shirt that you'd have imagined Hamilton is looking for.

My feeling is that he's as good as Saints will get without assuring a player of the number one shirt. And even if they did, you aren't looking around at a plethora of Scottish options.

38 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Personally feel we should have a new thread for every transfer window. Do other posters prefer this one big thread or feel this summer deserves a new one to discuss the four or five players we are looking for?

On Jack Hamilton, the manager obviously feels he needs two strong goalkeepers over saving money from the budget. It's hardly the guaranteed shirt that you'd have imagined Hamilton is looking for.

My feeling is that he's as good as Saints will get without assuring a player of the number one shirt. And even if they did, you aren't looking around at a plethora of Scottish options.

From what I've seen I prefer Clark. We don't need Hurst and McKenzie if Hamilton comes in though, he'll also be a LOT dearer in wages. Very meh for me.

1 hour ago, Radford 72 said:

I would think Hamilton is eyeing a shot for number one at Hearts since their keeper is moving on? 

Would be interesting having him and Clark at Saints, surely wouldn't be a bad thing for us having them compete as they are about he same level at the moment.

Think that each "season" should have a Saints only transfer thread.

When  looking at latest posts to read who we are being connected with/ getting rid of, I am disappointed to read in the "Saints Chat " every Tom, D ick, Harry, Manuel and Carlos with No connection to Saints.

58 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

From what I've seen I prefer Clark. We don't need Hurst and McKenzie if Hamilton comes in though, he'll also be a LOT dearer in wages. Very meh for me.

In August 2017 Hamilton reportedly stated he was going nowhere and that he would stay and fight for his place.

He has been on the subs bench all season and I wonder if he would be interested in a move to Saints, or see out the remainder of his contract which expires in 2020.

Saints would have to offer at least a 2 year contract , but will that be enough?

I'd be in favor of a new thread- like the "hood" said it has become bogged down with inaccuracies.

34 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I would think Hamilton is eyeing a shot for number one at Hearts since their keeper is moving on? 

Would be interesting having him and Clark at Saints, surely wouldn't be a bad thing for us having them compete as they are about he same level at the moment.

Think he was dropped by Hearts after a few blunders.

Got a Scotland cap on the strength of a couple of good displays when at the time Clark was probably a better keeper.

With their present number 1 leaving I would wonder why Hearts were letting him go if he was in contract.

Would it be a loan move? 

He probably sees Clark as an easier target to displace than whoever Hearts are targeting, apparently Alan McGregor. Probably a fair enough mindset tbh. 

Not seen a lot of him but from what I have seen Clark is better. He seems capable enough at this level though, which is all you need in a number two. Getting him in now would resolve the Gk issue and allow all the attention elsewhere too. 

Guest ScottMann

We're on Page 753 of this thread. Does it matter if there's 1 page or 752 before the one we're on? Exactly the same chat, good or bad, will have taken place no matter when the thread started. I'd leave it as it is. It'll be good to look back through to waste time when there's nothing happening during the summer!