Player contracts and transfers

David123

Delighted muzz is staying,ando has had a poor season by his standards but still worth a deal,tanser could be used as a winger when Easton hopefully returns, Alston has played well sometimes but needs to do it more consistently thou worth  a year contract 

13 hours ago, tucker said:

Delighted muzz is staying,ando has had a poor season by his standards but still worth a deal,tanser could be used as a winger when Easton hopefully returns, Alston has played well sometimes but needs to do it more consistently thou worth  a year contract 

Jumping the gun a bit there. Hope you're right though.

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

There's Alston's new contract confirmed. New one year contract with the option for a second year.

Well pleased with this news; Blair has loads of to offer and hopefully he can kick on next year.

If all the talk about Ando and Muzz comes to fruition I will look forward to the new season positively.

2 minutes ago, tucker said:

Club has announced midge pand Watson not getting a new contract, midge has given some great performances even this season sorry he is leaving

Think we knew Midge leaving.

Treated badly by Tommy

No surprise on Millar & Watson.

Slightly surprised by the Jardine one given we had him out on loan to gain experience. Now, it sounds more like we gave Mackay the chance to take a look at him, knowing we weren't going to offer a contract and Dave could decide whether to offer a contract in the summer- in effect a few months trial period.

Perhaps we are clearing the decks there for the younger group of players coming through who are the ones who should have felt the full benefit of our improvement in the youth development.

47 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Sorry to see Midge go but his age and fitness count against him. On his day a brilliant player but IMHO it would be a big gamble to keep him on on presumably decent wages.

No mention of Liam - thought he was out of contract this summer as well?

One year left on current contract.

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Think we knew Midge leaving.

Treated badly by Tommy

I don't understand how you can say he has been treated badly. The Club were up front with him and said he was not totally in the plans and he could move on.

Been a fan of his but I think the time is right that he moves on.

Good luck to him.

50 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I don't understand how you can say he has been treated badly. The Club were up front with him and said he was not totally in the plans and he could move on.

Good luck to him.

Was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this midge has been great for saints but I would like to think saints have good to him over the years things move on let’s give him a great send off but it’s now time to move on 

45 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Good luck to him.

He was told he could move on last summer"rightly so" but he decided to stay because he loves the club & worked on his fitness & injury problems. He was probably fitter & never went off injured in any games this season so looks like it worked. Despite that he was still sidelined by Wright & was only used when we were down to bare bones but still gave his all  Most times was best man on park & the only player we have who doesn't treat the ball like a hot potatoe.

Just think he could have given us another season. Hopefully we can pick up a midfielder as good as him .

Anyway ,thanks Midge for 10 years of commitment.