Player contracts and transfers

David123

42 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Naw, please Naw.

Doolan would have been ok about 5 years ago. Spittal ex Arab is another who can't get a start for his current side.

Let's raise the bar guys.

Doolan has hit double figures for the past five seasons, you carry on though.

Spittal is just a shite Alston. Erskine is awful and is only effective as a number ten.

I still believe Sammon would be useful in a "run about a lot" sort of way, Storey is completely wasted by Thistle aswell, much like he was at Aberdeen. Playing him on the left completely stunts him, but hes quick, so he can't play centrally apparently.

There’s a few options for striker. I’d take Doolan, he’s a proven goalscorer, but he might want to stay with Partick. Schalke is off to Holland apparently. I’d take Sammon and Billy Mckay at a push, but I think there are better options (& lower wage-earners).

Liam Boyce doesn’t seem to have played much for Burton, although this may be down to injury. Scott McDonald has been released and scored a few in the championship this year.

42 minutes ago, Linky said:

There’s a few options for striker. I’d take Doolan, he’s a proven goalscorer, but he might want to stay with Partick. Schalke is off to Holland apparently. I’d take Sammon and Billy Mckay at a push, but I think there are better options (& lower wage-earners).

Liam Boyce doesn’t seem to have played much for Burton, although this may be down to injury. Scott McDonald has been released and scored a few in the championship this year.

Doolan will never leave Partick. 

McKay just extended his County contract. 

Levein says he'll be giving Sammon a chance in the first team. 

Boyce had a pretty serious injury, and has played for Burton since recovering. They paid £500k for him.

Get McDonald in the ****ing sea. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Doolan will never leave Partick. 

McKay just extended his County contract. 

Levein says he'll be giving Sammon a chance in the first team. 

Boyce had a pretty serious injury, and has played for Burton since recovering. They paid £500k for him.

Get McDonald in the ****ing sea. 

Fine, Gregory Tade it is then.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Ehh........................................No!

Guest ScottMann

I'm not too impressed with us trying to punt the extremely highly rated 17 years old keeper Ross Sinclair to Liverpool. Tommy should be rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of such a great prospect coming through the Saints ranks and into his first team. Instead he's helped his mate at Liverpool out and is now waiting to see if they'll take Sinclair on. It's a strange one.

3 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I'm not too impressed with us trying to punt the extremely highly rated 17 years old keeper Ross Sinclair to Liverpool. Tommy should be rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of such a great prospect coming through the Saints ranks and into his first team. Instead he's helped his mate at Liverpool out and is now waiting to see if they'll take Sinclair on. It's a strange one.

It could be a shrewd move - If we get money for him circa a couple of hundred thousand maybe tommy gets to spend it all?

17 Year old keeper realistically has about 5/6 years before he would be hitting the first team - and in the harsh world of football he could get a 4 year deal with Liverpool get releases at 22 and come back to saints with a better level of coaching for 5 year

Edited by TheMarkChristie
Spelling

9 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

It could be a shrewd move - If we get money for him circa a couple of hundred thousand maybe tommy gets to spend it all?

17 Year old keeper realistically has about 5/6 years before he would be hitting the first team - and in the harsh world of football he could get a 4 year deal with Liverpool get releases at 22 and come back to saints with a better level of coaching for 5 year

Yep, and it could also involve a sell-on clause which could potentially generate serious money for Saints further down the line if he makes the grade at a club like Liverpool. I think you also have to say that giving him the chance to go there is the right thing to do for the player and it'll reflect well on Saints if we're seen to be generating opportunities like that for our youngsters.

Guest ScottMann
23 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Could, if, if. Football's full of those. What if we'd agreed terms with Peterborough for Stevie May?

Like any player an exceptional one will hit the first team when he's ready. There's also a difference between a club a like Liverpool coming in for a player and us going to them saying come and get him. What if we held on to our outstanding young players, brought them into the first team, had more playing success and sold them for a bigger fee. We're not Chelsea who hoover up young talent to make money out of them and no intention of playing them in their first team.  

39 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I've no idea how I get slagged for being negative when you're about. Jesus christ man. 

Guest ScottMann
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

I've no idea how I get slagged for being negative when you're about. Jesus christ man. 

Probably because you're an attention seeking, loudmouth, negative focused t*** as opposed to someone that can see both sides of a situation.

14 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Probably because you're an attention seeking, loudmouth, negative focused t*** as opposed to someone that can see both sides of a situation.

I'm not the one seething about our manager giving a 17yo the chance to try and win a deal with one of the biggest clubs on the planet. 

Guest ScottMann
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm not the one seething about our manager giving a 17yo the chance to try and win a deal with one of the biggest clubs on the planet. 

Seething = internet speak by the brain dead for someone making a comment they disagree with. 

Two folk disagree with me and respond with well written replies explaining why and then you steam in with your typical mensa level response only intent on having a go at me. There is only person 'seething' here. Now bore off and don't ruin another thread. 

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

42 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Seething = internet speak by the brain dead for someone making a comment they disagree with. 

Two folk disagree with me and respond with well written replies explaining why and then you steam in with your typical mensa level response only intent on having a go at me. There is only person 'seething' here. Now bore off and don't ruin another thread. 

Indeed, that one seething person seems to be you!

Anyway back on the topic: Zander has his say on the keeper - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstone-goalkeeper-zander-clark-12555299

“I would love to see Ross back here at the club, but if anything was to come of it you can only wish him all the best.

“I look back at myself at that age and I certainly didn’t have the height advantage that he has.

“He is confident, too, and has all of the attributes to go to the top if he keeps improving the way he has done in the last season.”

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Indeed, that one seething person seems to be you!

Anyway back on the topic: Zander has his say on the keeper - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstone-goalkeeper-zander-clark-12555299

“I would love to see Ross back here at the club, but if anything was to come of it you can only wish him all the best.

“I look back at myself at that age and I certainly didn’t have the height advantage that he has.

“He is confident, too, and has all of the attributes to go to the top if he keeps improving the way he has done in the last season.”

I have to say when I first read the courier I wondered why Tommy would have put him forward for Liverpool.

Reading above I wonder if the boy has been courted by some of the bigger clubs in Scotland and saints would prefer to see him going down south a to forward his career.

Guest ScottMann
23 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I have to say when I first read the courier I wondered why Tommy would have put him forward for Liverpool.

Reading above I wonder if the boy has been courted by some of the bigger clubs in Scotland and saints would prefer to see him going down south a to forward his career.

What would the situation be regarding compensation or transfer fee at that level?

Guest ScottMann
38 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think they would be due a development fee. But not sure.

Ok. Just wondered if you'd know these things with your involvement with youth teams. Thanks.