Player contracts and transfers

David123

Usual saints get your hopes up at the end if the season about the signings we need and then nothing happens, wright will come out one week and say need goalie striker etc then week after say not happening go with what we have. I thought with a lot of the bigger earners moving they would have a bit more to offer, maybe they will but not very inspiring at the moment.

Not fussed by Williams, there was never much end product and not a patch on Swanson, need a decent centre mid, pacy winger, striker, goalie and still need a good dominant centre half.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

I'd like to think that Tommy and SB are going to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat, and we will be surprised at the quality of the signings, but then I wake up and smell the coffee.

Dude we might end up with actual rabbits at this rate 

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Been rumoured for over a week and now reported as being "completed in the next 48 hours". 

Two huge blows in the hunt for a winger in two days. 

Hope we've someone else lined up. 

I don't really get this obsession with re-signing former players..

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Media policy is poor from saints, no updates on when players returning,how the pitch etc is going,looked at some second division websites etc and look more appealing etc,

Have no issues with resigning players had hoped Williams might return looked okay last season, saints need a spark game changer a Templeton, Swanson player also someone of midge's quality to hold on to the ball as midge and Jody Morris did,

Is Paul sheeerin free LAUGH OUT LOUD

4 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Saints  never  made an offer to Williams.. Chairman still on holiday and not back till Monday when he will oversee the signing of ….. No-one of any note..  Look out for a John Suttonesque signing though because  we always end up making at least one.. 

Thanks for the update Ghostie.

Canny wait tae ask him if he had a good holiday.:wink:

1 hour ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Saints  never  made an offer to Williams.. Chairman still on holiday and not back till Monday when he will oversee the signing of ….. No-one of any note..  Look out for a John Suttonesque signing though because  we always end up making at least one.. 

I’m pretty sure the chairman will be  capable of arranging deals from his holiday. 

I run my own business and I’m off on holiday next week. Phone and laptop are coming in my hand luggage. 

1 minute ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’m pretty sure the chairman will be  capable of arranging deals from his holiday. 

I run my own business and I’m off on holiday next week. Phone and laptop are coming in my hand luggage. 

Correct Pat but it does not fit in with some posters on here who keep moaning about the Chairman.

Perhaps they would prefer a "Marr"  or a "White" type chairman!!

Guest ScottMann
2 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Sutton ultimately didn't work out but I can't remember too many complaints when we did get him. Quite the opposite. It was looked on as a good move at the time and I'm sure we beat Killie and another club for him.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

It was a joke based on his  previous comments regarding how he did business..  Sorry it went over your head..  The bit about signing  horses ( Sutton, Johnstone etc) was not though.  We always sign a horse last minute and this season will be no different

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Correct Pat but it does not fit in with some posters on here who keep moaning about the Chairman.

Perhaps they would prefer a "Marr"  or a "White" type chairman!!

No but I would like a chairman who backs our manager a bit more  and   is not tighter than tight can be ALL the time.. And before you start , I am not talking  spending money we do not have, just spending some of the money we DO have..

1 hour ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

It was a joke based on his  previous comments regarding how he did business..  Sorry it went over your head..  The bit about signing  horses ( Sutton, Johnstone etc) was not though.  We always sign a horse last minute and this season will be no different

Agree with the general point, but Sutton was signed in the middle of June. He was the manager’s first choice. Johnstone not so much.