Player contracts and transfers

David123

The wages from Scougall will allow for the signing of another quality player. I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking at a striker. Kane hasn't developed as I think Tommy would have hoped and we are lacking a goalscorer. Might see another couple moved out over and above that already announced. For me, I'd push the boat out and spend a decent fee on someone like shankland. 

6 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

The wages from Scougall will allow for the signing of another quality player. I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking at a striker. Kane hasn't developed as I think Tommy would have hoped and we are lacking a goalscorer. Might see another couple moved out over and above that already announced. For me, I'd push the boat out and spend a decent fee on someone like shankland. 

There's zero chance of getting Shankland now, I'd have thought. Just rumours but the likes of Aberdeen, the Edinburgh sides, and League One sides down South are all interested, and we can't compete with them.

I think, with Wright's injury, we're looking for a striker who can play on a wing/winger who can play up front, ideally they'll have pace as we now lack that. They'll also hopefully have played at this level before so can slot in quickly.

O'Halloran the standout, but not convinced he'll be returning this time around.

Feel like we need a CM too, I wouldn't mind Willock back if it was him or nothing. I still want Tansey though. 

Wouldn't be shocked if nobody joins.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

There's zero chance of getting Shankland now, I'd have thought. Just rumours but the likes of Aberdeen, the Edinburgh sides, and League One sides down South are all interested, and we can't compete with them.

I think, with Wright's injury, we're looking for a striker who can play on a wing/winger who can play up front, ideally they'll have pace as we now lack that. They'll also hopefully have played at this level before so can slot in quickly.

O'Halloran the standout, but not convinced he'll be returning this time around.

Feel like we need a CM too, I wouldn't mind Willock back if it was him or nothing. I still want Tansey though. 

Wouldn't be shocked if nobody joins.

Shankland couldnt make it first time round at Dons, maybe he has found his level wae Ayr.

9 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Just on that one....I wonder if we were only able to get Watt, Wright, Kennedy and Swanson knowing that we were going to be saving on Scougall's wage soon anyway.

I'd be ok with trying to spend the next few months trying to get a chunk of the current squad signed up for another year or 2.

Still need a creative midfielder, got plenty midfielders but mostly ball winners so need something different to improve that area. 

Should be looking to the future for a new  full back due to foster ageing. 

If being greedy need another striker, never know with saints though, all these players heading out might be to balance the books after the summer spurge,  but they may surprise us with a couple of new players, then maybe not!

10 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Shankland wouldnt come to saints plus we dont pay fees for players.....honestly some so called fans know nothing about the way our club is run.

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Still need a creative midfielder, got plenty midfielders but mostly ball winners so need something different to improve that area. 

Should be looking to the future for a new  full back due to foster ageing. 

If being greedy need another striker, never know with saints though, all these players heading out might be to balance the books after the summer spurge,  but they may surprise us with a couple of new players, then maybe not!

1000% agree with requirement for creative midfielder. I thought Scougall was going to be that but that never happened.

I'd much rather we focused on getting a central midfielder that looks for the ball and is willing to pick a pass. We have good players in the side now that make themselves available further forward in the park, so a quick footed player that can pick a pass and take pressure off our defenders would be fantastic.

Whilst our strikers aren't getting goals, I would say I'd be happy enough if we go for the rest of the season with the three men we currently have. Watt will get the goals again soon enough, McMillan when given a chance as an out and out striker can score and I still think Kane is a useful player to have in the squad- hard to judge him when he's been coming in late in games recently and more or less trying to be the first line of defence.

Also a little worried about if Tanser was to get injured. Easton really doesnt seem to be getting closer to a come back and I don't think it's fair to ask Forster to play there for an extended period of time.

40 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Also a little worried about if Tanser was to get injured. Easton really doesnt seem to be getting closer to a come back and I don't think it's fair to ask Forster to play there for an extended period of time.

Eastons seemingly back in contention after the "winter break", rightly or wrongly, I can't see us signing a third first team left back unless Easton completely breaks down in January 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Eastons seemingly back in contention after the "winter break", rightly or wrongly, I can't see us signing a third first team left back unless Easton completely breaks down in January 

Certainly hope that's the case, but for some reason I just don't think we will see him back in a Saints shirt again. Love to be wrong.

15 minutes ago, Dave Ferg said:

Shame we don't have a contact at Derby County who could organise a loan deal for George Thorne to come up to Perth and get some much needed game time. 6'2" centre mid, quality player who has had injury issues but is currently languishing in their reserve side.

Is Jody Morris not the assistant manager these days?

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Never got anything from him when he was youth coach at Chelsea.

Probably did not have the say so on who went where on loan whilst at Chelsea were as his profile as assistant manager at Derby would indicate more influence in these type of decisions.  If the player is any good worth the price of a phone call.