Player contracts and transfers

David123

Not sure what to make of that. 20 years old so he's clearly signed with the first team in mind, but as far as I can tell he's never made a senior appearance in his life.

Celtic fans on twitter seem quite enthusiastic about him though, so maybe he's alright but I was hoping for more of a sure thing who would hopefully seriously push Foster. Duffy might be that guy but it's certainly more of a gamble than I was expecting if this indeed comes off.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Not sure what to make of that. 20 years old so he's clearly signed with the first team in mind, but as far as I can tell he's never made a senior appearance in his life.

Celtic fans on twitter seem quite enthusiastic about him though, so maybe he's alright but I was hoping for more of a sure thing who would hopefully seriously push Foster. Duffy might be that guy but it's certainly more of a gamble than I was expecting if this indeed comes off.

To be fair as a right back he has several in front of him at parkhead  Ralston gamboa lewstig and the German boy tollin.

1 minute ago, mainstand said:

To be fair as a right back he has several in front of him at parkhead  Ralston gamboa lewstig and the German boy tollin.

No doubt that's a factor but he's 20 and he's never played a first team match even out on loan before. Could be he's an excellent young player and will make the right back spot his own, but I was expecting a player with more experience to come in at right back.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

No doubt that's a factor but he's 20 and he's never played a first team match even out on loan before. Could be he's an excellent young player and will make the right back spot his own, but I was expecting a player with more experience to come in at right back.

We have an experienced right back who has been doing okay ànd is already signed up for next season so why would we want an experienced right back as cover.

I said more experienced. Considering Duffy has precisely zero first team games at any level, I don’t think wanting someone more experienced than that is reaching for the stars. Foster is 33 and he’s at the age where his form could just drop off a cliff and not recover. That happened to Wright, Mackay and Anderson over the last few years. If that does happen, would you be comfortable with us having to fall back on a 20 year old who hasn’t played at any first team level before? 

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

Suggests to me that there’s someone lined up who can play both right back and centrally if required.....maybe someone who’s already played both positions for saints. 

Hadn't thought of that but that would make a lot of sense. Duffy coming in to effectively replace Comrie would be fine if we still had big Joe kicking about.

7 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Is Stevie on his way back, club giving out a wee tease, not sure if he should or not, never go back is the auld adage, backed up by Moh and Danny boy.

If he is coming back,hope they give him the number 9 shirt seeing as the cup final is now 9th May.

Don't think we should have him back BTW.

14 hours ago, mainstand said:

To be fair that is nothing to do with saints and is based on an alleged person who is in the know

Fair comment was merely advising Bankfoot where the speculation came from.

So is this a mutant masking itself as a person or is it a person allegedly in the know or maybe both??