Player contracts and transfers

David123

23 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Both BBC and Courier indicated that Stevie's agent was watching with directors on Sunday et al Vine.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/list-of-fa-registered-intermediaries---19-july-2019.ashx

not on the list unless he’s only registered up here

1 minute ago, dave mc said:

Sun and record going with him coming to us on three year deal,and anEstonian cb coming on loan

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4515084/stevie-may-st-johnstone-aberdeen-transfer-news-win-race/

Madis Vihmann - 23yr old Estonian internationalist. If anyone wants to practice their Estonian theres a 2015 interview with him online

Edited by templeofsaints

17 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Sun and record going with him coming to us on three year deal,and anEstonian cb coming on loan

Record says May has filled up his 2 year deal with Aberdeen & signed a 3 year contract with Saints.

Looks like all the speculation has ended.

18 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4515084/stevie-may-st-johnstone-aberdeen-transfer-news-win-race/

Madis Vihmann - 23yr old Estonian internationalist. If anyone wants to practice their Estonian theres a 2015 interview with him online

For a mo thought he was from Luton.

Madis A Hatter.:wink:

SunSport understands the 26-year-old is poised to head back to Perth after agreeing his departure From Aberdeen and he will be joined at McDiarmid Park by Estonian international defender Madis Vihmann. Can not wait until it is announced and official. We desperately need a striker and centre back.

I wonder how much this has cost us? 

£250k? 

They paid £400k for him a year ago, so can’t imagine it would be much less. 

Great bit of business this IMO. Bit my tongue before as I was worried he’d go elsewhere, but can’t wait to see him back in blue. 

I’m sure he’ll thrive being our main striker. 

He's a good fit at Saints, and will reignite his career.  We've been crying out for a 20 goal a season striker since he left, and I genuinely think he will deliver again.  

Confidence throughout the team will be bolstered too.  It can't be easy for any player with the cloud of being unable to put the ball in the net hanging over them.  When our best chance of a goal is a penalty from a left back, then the pressure on everyone not to make a mistake stifles any kind of freedom to play positive football.

Onwards!!

No fee as I understand he has ripped up his contract meaning he has forfieted the remaining 2 years salary he would be due under that contract. Whether Saints have agreed with him compensation to cover part of that I guess we will never know.

It will just be great as you say having him back in a Saints shirt

1 minute ago, SconeSaintees said:

No fee as I understand he has ripped up his contract meaning he has forfieted the remaining 2 years salary he would be due under that contract. Whether Saints have agreed with him compensation to cover part of that I guess we will never know.

You can guarantee that we have opened the purse strings. 

No way are Aberdeen just going to let a 400k player walk out of the door. I suspect that agreeing this part of the deal is what’s taken the time. 

Makes sense from our perspective though. If we can even get him back to 80% of the player he was when he left, then 3 years of that will be fine! 

12 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

a 20 goal a season striker since he left, and I genuinely think he will deliver again.  

Too much pressure for him to deliver 20 goals a season. I will be happy with 12 SPFL goals and I think that will be his level

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

All the press reports must be wrong then.

By cancelling his deal Aberdeen will be saving any future wages due to him.

It wouldn’t be like the press to get stuff wrong, would it? No one knows the ins and outs of any transfer, so it’s all speculation.

Someone has buying him out of that contract is the only outcome that makes any sense. 

Had Aberdeen loaned him out, they’d have potentially got a player back at Christmas bang in form and worth money to them or goals to the team, while having a portion of his wage paid. 

So its been one of the Stevies. Why would Stevie May buy himself out of a very good contract? He had a good wage guaranteed and could have came to us or Dundee on loan. 

Maybe Broon reckons that there’s more value in paying to get him back permanently for 3 years if he can rediscover his old form. 

Or maybe Auld Milne was feeling really charitable and wanted to help us out. That’s the alternative. 

30 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

It wouldn’t be like the press to get stuff wrong, would it? No one knows the ins and outs of any transfer, so it’s all speculation.

Someone has buying him out of that contract is the only outcome that makes any sense. 

Had Aberdeen loaned him out, they’d have potentially got a player back at Christmas bang in form and worth money to them or goals to the team, while having a portion of his wage paid. 

So its been one of the Stevies. Why would Stevie May buy himself out of a very good contract? He had a good wage guaranteed and could have came to us or Dundee on loan. 

Maybe Broon reckons that there’s more value in paying to get him back permanently for 3 years if he can rediscover his old form. 

Or maybe Auld Milne was feeling really charitable and wanted to help us out. That’s the alternative. 

If it was terminated no one did any buying out - the contract ends, Aberdeen cut their losses and Stevie May picks the offer that is best for him.

3 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Would you just rip up a good contract that has 2 years left to run? I doubt if Stevy has done that. He will have agreed a termination package with Aberdeen which will see his contract ended and him free to join Saints. 

From the record:

"The 26-year-old striker has reached an arrangement that will see him walk away from the last two years of his Pittodrie deal."