Player contracts and transfers

David123

6 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Considering the way Vine behaved when he left us, I can't help but feel he's behind this breakdown in the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if having agreed a deal on Tuesday, he then contacted clubs with the details offering them a chance to better it.

Two sides to every story remember, you say the way Vine behaved when he left us, the flip side is the way we behaved in the negotiations to re-sign Vine.   Ultimately don't think either came out of it looking too clever.   Either way, that's all in the past, if Vine is serious about being a respected Agent then I would be pretty sure he wouldn't be indulging in that kind of nonsense.  

He was at the game last night using a comp provided to him by Ando, came in 10 mins after kick-off, then left 10 minutes before the end.  If he was only really out to screw us over I doubt he would go to the bother of attending Wednesday night fixtures against Brechin they day after he screwed us.  

Just now, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Two sides to every story remember, you say the way Vine behaved when he left us, the flip side is the way we behaved in the negotiations to re-sign Vine.   Ultimately don't think either came out of it looking too clever.   Either way, that's all in the past, if Vine is serious about being a respected Agent then I would be pretty sure he wouldn't be indulging in that kind of nonsense.  

He was at the game last night using a comp provided to him by Ando, came in 10 mins after kick-off, then left 10 minutes before the end.  If he was only really out to screw us over I doubt he would go to the bother of attending Wednesday night fixtures against Brechin they day after he screwed us.  

How did we behave with re-signing him? Genuinely can't remember.

It's a fair point you make, was it Goodwin he left with?

Wearied of this. Genuinely think we should tell him to GTF. He can spend his extra money touring Alloa, Dumbarton etc with Dundee. This whole thing stinks. Part of the problem being that nothing usually gets mentioned until it is over the line. Expectaions have been built up and rightly or wrongly there will be a lot of disappointed Saints fans. 

5 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

How did we behave with re-signing him? Genuinely can't remember.

It's a fair point you make, was it Goodwin he left with?

Could be entirely way off the mark with this but as I recall, his side of the story was he had been promised a new deal then all of a sudden that deal was off the table 'the goalposts were shifted at the last minute...…………'   sound familiar?   :wacko:

He arrived alone and left alone, actually saw him walking down the Crieff Road, I left about 5 mins before the end. 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Could be entirely way off the mark with this but as I recall, his side of the story was he had been promised a new deal then all of a sudden that deal was off the table 'the goalposts were shifted at the last minute...…………'   sound familiar?   :wacko:

He arrived alone and left alone, actually saw him walking down the Crieff Road, I left about 5 mins before the end. 

That rings a bell, hopefully something is sorted soon the speculation is draining...

Just now, The Kinross Saint said:

That rings a bell, hopefully something is sorted soon the speculation is draining...

Obviously just guesswork, but get the feeling it will be at end for Saints fans by the end of today regardless of what happens. 

He either turns up and sorts out the details, or it falls apart, or he doesnt turn up again, but I can't see us dragging it out any longer.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Obviously just guesswork, but get the feeling it will be at end for Saints fans by the end of today regardless of what happens. 

He either turns up and sorts out the details, or it falls apart, or he doesnt turn up again, but I can't see us dragging it out any longer.

I hope your right, guessing the club needs to move on to other targets too if it has fallen through, Kane Hemmings anyone....?

Here the facts from my observation at last night s game.

Directors Box. Geoff and Steve were in high spirits Stan also all laughing and joking, looking pretty much at ease with everything , Roddy as well,

So IMO they looked pleased with what has/had happened previously.

a couple of the volunteer workers in and around the stadium who sit around me (And lets face it know maybe slightly more than the rest of us) said to me don't hold your breath on any new deals happening.

TW probably did not want to spend the after match report just being asked about the SM situation?

Mabey heading straight to the Foundry to talk to SM?

WHO KNOWS BUT WE WILL FIND OUT SOON I SUPPOSE

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

My thoughts too. If he was to sign, I'd imagine it would be today or the whole thing would be off. Especially if the medical etc is done. If he doesn't, then Saints can turn round and say they did everything possible and went as far as they could. If it's about money and May goes elsewhere for more at the last minute, then doesn't make him look good. I get that players need to look out for themselves financially, but if you get this far down the line, assuming money has already been discussed/agreed, then to chase elsewhere for more is poor.

I hope any issues can be overcome and he signs, but if not, we move on.

In a way, Saints are admirable for not really discussing the deal until done (or not), but being explicit in saying we want him and then v quiet allows for rumours to gather.

Edited by TheYellowBox

24 minutes ago, George Grieve said:

What on earth is happening? If he’s signed by someone else from under our noses there will be mutiny......

It would be disappointing, but potentially an opportunity for us to seek another striker. Can't help but feel a lot of us are observing all of this through blue and white shades and ignoring blatant failings in goalscoring statistics.

Stevie was a fantastic striker for us 5 to 6 years ago, but to be honest he has done nothing since then. If we do sign him, it is a gamble and a high pressure on May to perform to the same levels as 2013-2014...if we are being honest, that ain't likely.

McCoist and Brogan were great for us years ago...maybe we should pursue them?

There's a world outside your window, pragmatism over the heart please.

8 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

It would be disappointing, but potentially an opportunity for us to seek another striker. Can't help but feel a lot of us are observing all of this through blue and white shades and ignoring blatant failings in goalscoring statistics.

Stevie was a fantastic striker for us 5 to 6 years ago, but to be honest he has done nothing since then. If we do sign him, it is a gamble and a high pressure on May to perform to the same levels as 2013-2014...if we are being honest, that ain't likely.

McCoist and Brogan were great for us years ago...maybe we should pursue them?

There's a world outside your window, pragmatism over the heart please.

We need 2 new strikers. Can see us maybe landing 1 if this falls through,  2 will be a struggle. 

6 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Maybe someone else has become available to Tommy and it's Saints who are causing the delay?  Just a thought.....

Or that we cannot get the paperwork complete until Aberdeen return from Georgia..... could be any number of reason for a delay or the deal not going through at all. Either way, it's clear we need at least one striker, whoever that may be.

On a side note, very strange that we had 2 first team players playing against blairgowrie and yet could not fill the bench. Suggests that either, both are on their way out (assume it is this) or maybe saints were expecting a new signing to be in the squad last night.....