Player contracts and transfers

David123

As mentioned already we are not buying the player of 5 years ago. Whoever buys him is taking a huge gamble on a player whose career is on a downward trajectory and has suffered a terrible injury. I wouldn't expect a blow by blow account but would agree that this is where a little bit of PR would be helpful but Saints being Saints that won't happen.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

They're negotiating with Rowan Vine, not May himself.

I get that mate but a player can get his agent told surely. Players have the power so I’d say if what was put on the table was acceptable to May, then Vine says to push more on it, if the player is adamant on coming then he says no that deals good enough let’s get it signed. 

Nobody will know exactly what’s snagging it but still leaves us with players needed for the new season and only 2 back ups signed. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Robert Thomson confirms a move for Cummings is unlikely. Also seems to confirm the May deal is completely and utterly dead.

No idea where we go from here. Kane and Hendry our only strikers, and McMillan being forced out the club.

The fans need and demand answers on this. If the chairman thinks the strike force we have will keep us up then we are doomed. 

If it is completely dead the club should highlight what a good deal was offered and the reasons why it’s been rejected. 

Is it player and/or agent pushing this. 

I said to a Scumdee supporting mate a few weeks back he’d sign for them due to the basic fact they can offer more cash but reeks of a lack of ambition to keep playing at the top level. 

1 minute ago, St Mikey said:

The fans need and demand answers on this. If the chairman thinks the strike force we have will keep us up then we are doomed. 

If it is completely dead the club should highlight what a good deal was offered and the reasons why it’s been rejected. 

Is it player and/or agent pushing this. 

I said to a Scumdee supporting mate a few weeks back he’d sign for them due to the basic fact they can offer more cash but reeks of a lack of ambition to keep playing at the top level. 

Worth remembering Kilmarnock have been linked aswell.

38 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

I get that mate but a player can get his agent told surely. Players have the power so I’d say if what was put on the table was acceptable to May, then Vine says to push more on it, if the player is adamant on coming then he says no that deals good enough let’s get it signed. 

Nobody will know exactly what’s snagging it but still leaves us with players needed for the new season and only 2 back ups signed. 

I am playing Golf with 2 Aberdeen Directors tomorrow so hopefully they can perhaps give an insight as to what has gone on

My understanding from my source prior to last nights game was:

May had passed medical on Tuesday.

SPL had agreed change of players numbers - MOH to 25 May 17 as Saints requested.

Videos done for unveiling

May in Wednesday morning  supposed to sign contract to make him Saints highest earner ever and states he had a higher offer and we needed to match it.

Talks breakdown.

Vine seen at match alongside with Jim Goodwin (could be coincidence).  Do not know if Vine was there to try and revive the May deal or not.

Edited by Templar Saint