Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Afraid not, what Templar Saint said above is pretty much what I had heard also (apart from the bit about May being in Wednesday morning) as far as I heard they were a no-show at the stadium on Wednesday. 

The bit about Vine with Goodwin is just purely coincidental I would imagine, can't see anything in that, especially with Vine arriving 15 minutes into the game and leaving 10-15 minutes early.   If they were going to meet to discuss anything surely this would have been done anywhere other than the padded seats of McDiarmid. 

If Bob Thompson is reporting that the deal is completely dead I would suggest that's exactly what the situation is unfortunately. 

Stevie May was definitely at the stadium on Wednesday morning.

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I agree Saints need to say something at some point but really wouldn't expect them to come out with anything while this is all potentially still ongoing.

Seems to me that maybe we're all just a little too eager to believe those who claim to be "in the know". Wasn't that long ago we were being told he's definitely off to Dundee as there was no chance of Saints doing a permanent deal. Then we were told he's definitely coming to Saints. Now we're being told the Saints deal's definitely off. I think I might just wait until the guy's actually signed for someone and we know for sure what's going on before chucking a wobbler about him, or his agent, or Steve Brown, or anyone else.

Far too sensible bh.........

1 minute ago, Bruno Strasser said:

This just shows how things are at the moment when 158 people are on this site during work hours reading about f***ing Butterkist :shock:

crunchy toffee flavour. next time you visit the kiosk I'd recommend it. Don't give it to children though. They were still buzzing oot their tits until midnight!

If May or his Agent are mucking Saints about then our Chairman has every right to pull out of the deal. I hope the deal still goes through but on terms that are good for both the club and the player. May has not exactly been banging in the goals since he left and he is not worth breaking the bank for. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saints said:

It’s either off or on or an update? Doesn’t have to be anything grand.. it’s called keeping the customer happy! We are at the end of the day paying customers with our club at heart.

They've already said we're trying to sign him - if that's still ongoing then there's probably not a whole lot else they can say. I'm sure we'll hear about it once he's signed for either us or someone else, but until that happens I think expecting regular public updates on a presumably delicate negotiation is a bit unreasonable.

If Stevie May was only looking for money I imagine his current contract is worth more than Saints or Dundee or whoever is offering and he could stay on that.

Saints have spoken to him, I presume made him an offer, none of us know what has happened since.

Is taking a couple of days to make a big decision really such a bad thing ?

It could be Saints needing time, could be anything.

No club plays out their business in public.

2 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Having spoken to an Aberdeen fan we "May" have dodged a bullet. In terms of speed and mobility cart horse was mentioned. 

Was going to post that we may have dodged a bullet there.

A 3 year contract & best deal ever for Saints player. If he turned that down he deserves a team that will be on his back if he performs like he did with Dons.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Was going to post that we may have dodged a bullet there.

A 3 year contract & best deal ever for Saints player. If he turned that down he deserves a team that will be on his back if he performs like he did with Dons.

Would have to agree. 

Let's hope plan B signs before the start of the league campaign....worrying that it maybe Iwelumo part deux.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

They've already said we're trying to sign him - if that's still ongoing then there's probably not a whole lot else they can say. I'm sure we'll hear about it once he's signed for either us or someone else, but until that happens I think expecting regular public updates on a presumably delicate negotiation is a bit unreasonable.

I don’t normally expect to be kept up to speed to be honest, however I do believe on this occasion a wee bit PR wouldn’t have gone amiss, especially since it’s all over social media/ TV that the deal is off. 

I’m not one of your regular ‘Saints bashers’ I believe most of the time the club do more right than wrong. 

2 hours ago, callander saint said:

If May or his Agent are mucking Saints about then our Chairman has every right to pull out of the deal. I hope the deal still goes through but on terms that are good for both the club and the player. May has not exactly been banging in the goals since he left and he is not worth breaking the bank for. 

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

So, i know nothing about May negotiations... maybe the first on here, impressed by so many folks with facts. But is it fact he has left Aberdeen and is a free agent?

Seems odd that if driven by money why he wouldn't simply come to us on loan till Christmas with option to extend.

I'd love to say the deal broke down as the SFA couldn't allocate him shirt number 17.  That was the deal clincher  it's like getting mats with a new car.  No mats, no deal.

Edited by Dave H

26 minutes ago, Dave H said:

But is it fact he has left Aberdeen and is a free agent?

The reports were saying he'd agreed a package to be released, but theres never been official confirmation he's been released.

Have to guess but maybe the moment he signed for us they'd file the release papers.