Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 minute ago, lossiesaint said:

This saga with May is really dragging now..... longer than 90 mins in Montrose.....

Its been reported, widely, since about 11 this morning that the deal is dead.

Robert Thomson reported at 12 saying its over and categorically states May won't be signing for St Johnstone this window.

The saga is now solely being dragged on by fans.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The reports were saying he'd agreed a package to be released, but theres never been official confirmation he's been released.

Have to guess but maybe the moment he signed for us they'd file the release papers.

Imagine he gets no transfer and returns to play for Aberdeen, he's treading on thin ice.  The sheep dont like him as it is due to lack of goals and would be prepared to do a bucket collection to buy him out his contract!  (Thats from a friend who is a sheep)

10 minutes ago, Dave H said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/westpilton/status/1130181420746518529?lang=en

This is the gamble we will be taking if we through all the cash to May.  Geezus!

Scroll down to see a worse shot from his team mate Cosgrove.

Tine to through the cash elsewhere, I'm more interested in Cumdog.

Cummings earns over £15k a week at Forest, we've absolutely no chance, even on loan.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Cummings earns over £15k a week at Forest, we've absolutely no chance, even on loan.

Aye, probably true. But......  that rules out any return to Scotland for him. But.. Maybe he'd like to go home, what is he 23?  Loads of time to create future earnings, kick start in Perth..

4 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Aye, probably true. But......  that rules out any return to Scotland for him. But.. Maybe he'd like to go home, what is he 23?  Loads of time to create future earnings, kick start in Perth..

I think there's more chance that May and Vine have backed down and will be announced tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

This is it. If May wanted to come back he'd be back, hes been given an incredibly good offer and hes refusing to sign it because he wants more.

Fully behind Steve Brown on this one.

Fully behind Steve brown on this one!!

Away boil yer heed!

What were the terms offered by Saints exactly? How much more did Stevie May want?

You don’t have a clue about the details so how can you bleat on about taking sides.

We need a striker, Stevie May is available, Stevie May wanted to come.

If there were a plethora of strikers out there that had the same talent/potential/previous credentials as May Id say, yeah, stick to our guns - alas there isn’t!!

We are about to kick off a premier league season with Chris Kane as our primary striker and Callum Hendry as back up. Throw into that David McMillan, a guy who doesn’t want to be here and a guy that the manager and fans don’t want here.

Its fine it’s fine we’ll play Kennedy or O’Halloran up front. Aye natural finishers right enough.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

This is it. If May wanted to come back he'd be back, hes been given an incredibly good offer and hes refusing to sign it because he wants more.

Fully behind Steve Brown on this one.

Indeed I would be absolutely amazed if this was the fault of Steve Brown.  His PR may be dreadful but he had said the right things when it became public knowledge that we were after May.

It is hard to figure out if the silence from the club is due to us still being interested or if it is just our standard low levels of engagement. 

Great that Gary is back from his holidays and we can see pics of new sponsor boards on twitter.  Looking forward to his in depth tweets about the dugouts. 

Just now, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Fully behind Steve brown on this one!!

Aware boil yer heed!

What were the terms offered by Saints exactly? How much more did Stevie May want?

You don’t have a clue about the details so how can you bleat on about taking sides.

We need a striker, Stevie May is available, Stevie May wanted to come.

If there were a plethora of strikers out there that had the same talent/potential/previous credentials as May Id say, yeah, stick to our guns - alas there isn’t!!

We are about to kick off a premier league season with Chris Kane as our primary striker and Callum Hendry as back up. Throw into that David McMillan, a guy who doesn’t want to be here and a guy that the manager and fans don’t want here.

Its fine it’s fine we’ll play Kennedy or O’Halloran up front. Aye natural finishers right enough.

I've been told by multiple people the Kojak poster on here will be correct.

In that case, we've offered May the biggest contract in the clubs history to come back, hes agreed to it, him and his agent have then come back in at the final second and demanded EVEN MORE money from the club.

Steve Browns refused to up his offer, and May is now refusing to sign the contract.

The striking situation is awful just now yes, but I'm not even convinced May deserves that initial offer never mind demanding even more, we can't just chuck three players wages at him because we're in a blind panic and he was good for us five years ago. 

I'm not sure what Browns done wrong?

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Indeed I would be absolutely amazed if this was the fault of Steve Brown.  His PR may be dreadful but he had said the right things when it became public knowledge that we were after May.

It is hard to figure out if the silence from the club is due to us still being interested or if it is just our standard low levels of engagement. 

Apparently our offer, which is the biggest offered in our history, is still on the table.

Its Mays decision if he joins us or not.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

In that case, we've offered May the biggest contract in the clubs history to come back, hes agreed to it, him and his agent have then come back in at the final second and demanded EVEN MORE money from the club.

Steve Browns refused to up his offer, and May is now refusing to sign the contract.

The striking situation is awful just now yes, but I'm not even convinced May deserves that initial offer never mind demanding even more, we can't just chuck three players wages at him because we're in a blind panic and he was good for us five years ago. 

And who says the extra money demanded was for Stevie and not for Vine himself?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I’m not buying it.

”biggest contract in the clubs history” ... absolute drivel.

What else are the club going to say? Are they going to admit that Championship Dundee, St.Mirren, Kilmarnock or Ross County offered better deals for May when we are in such a mess with strikers.

Is Steve Brown going to tell his pals anything other than he broke the bank and bust a gut to bring May in?

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

2 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

And who says the extra money demanded was for Stevie and not for Vine himself?

That would make it even worse. May could sign today if he wanted to, regardless of Vine. 

Vine doesnt even seem to be a registered agent, so his whole part in this situation is sketchy at best as it is.

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’m not buying it.

What else are the club going to say? Are they going to admit that St.Mirren, Kilmarnock and Ross County offered better deals for May when we are in such a mess with strikers.

Is Steve Brown going to tell his pals anything other than he broke the bank and bust a gut to bring May in?

You can believe what you want, Brown has thrown huge contracts (for us) at the likes of Swanson and MOH already, and seemingly made Shaughnessy a major offer. He also previously offered May a record contract.

He has his flaws but if he feels it's right he does seem to be willing to push for players in terms of wages.

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’m not buying it.

What else are the club going to say? Are they going to admit that St.Mirren, Kilmarnock and Ross County offered better deals for May when we are in such a mess with strikers.

The reality of the situation is that all this " chat" is speculation and until we receive a statement we don't know the facts.

I am in full support of Brown, however, to make the right judgement call- I don't want us throwing money around on a good but in recent years unproven Goal scorer. If May wants an extra 5 grand that ain't stopping this deal  - if he wants another 50K that's a game changer.