Player contracts and transfers

David123

4 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Apologies, I've not read through the rest of the recent posts....has he now left Aberdeen and is a free agent?

Poster on here says Aberdeen directors have told him he will be by the end of the month.

Journalist Robert Thomson says hes still contracted to Dundee and any agreed release would only activate the moment he signed elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Poster on here says Aberdeen directors have told him he will be by the end of the month.

Journalist Robert Thomson says hes still contracted to Dundee and any agreed release would only activate the moment he signed elsewhere.

Freudian slip RG!! :wink:

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I can only assume that Adz believes it to be Steve Brown's fault. Our chairman, having already agreed a deal with May and Vine, suddenly decided to change his mind and back out of the agreement. But May and/or Vine wanting more money? Nahhhh, that's fantasy stuff.

If I told you the first part of your statement is true and exactly what I was told yesterday by someone extremely close to the deal, would u believe me 

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

How can it be a loan move if he has been released by Aberdeen

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Journalist Robert Thomson says hes still contracted to Aberdeen and any agreed release would only activate the moment he signed elsewhere.

So, if we are moving on from this whole saga and Cummings is not being looked at (Tommy said he looked at him in January but isn't interested now - presumably money was the issue), who else is around?

Kyle Lafferty? Kris Boyd out of retirement? Are there other names on the list or are we back to square 1 looking at trialists from English Conference?

Could the new Estonian defender suggest a few names from his home country? Erik Sorga is 19, and has scored a goal every game so far this season in the Estonian Premier League.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Aye, it seems a bit contradictory, and I'd be surprised if he didn't know the reasons either by being told or demanding to know.

Absolutely - I'm actually pretty flabbergasted that Tommy thinks we'd believe he doesn't know the reason why the deal collapsed. Tommy's a legend but when it comes to the stuff he tells the media he's clearly a gigantic bullsh*tter.

you 

23 minutes ago, saintee in exile said:

Megginson from Cove? Probably in our budget range as well LAUGH OUT LOUD

You may be surprised what his total income is.  I guy at the last place I worked plays for Wick Academy and he is on a lot more than Chris Kane when you combine his football earnings  and what he gets payed at work and Cove Rangers splash the cash compare to Wick.   

Edited by Cagerf

13 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

you 

You may be surprised what his total income is.  I guy at the last place I worked plays for Wick Academy and he is on a lot more than Chris Kane when you combine his football earnings  and what he gets payed at work and Cove Rangers splash the cash compare to Wick.   

Part time players in the National league south are getting anything from 4-900 a week. (most in the lower end). If you put a fulltime wage on either the top or bottom of that wage bracket, it looks healthy. So for fulltime pros in scotland, i am sure May would be looking for 2-3K a week.

30 minutes ago, Linky said:

Yes, I heard Lafferty was looking towards the Middle East.

Goncalves might be a good shout. He's jumped from club to club though, which makes me wary.

Scott Wright?

Wright's more of a wide attacking option a la O'Halloran or Kennedy. Not proven to be a regular goalscorer at this level either, so it would be too much of a risk for me.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Robert Thomson speaking as if the deal isn't completely dead.

source.gif

Even before seeing that, I wondered if saints were calling Vine’s bluff. 

The whole arrangement is odd. 

The fact that May isn’t free to sign anywhere also suggests that we were paying for him/buying him out of his contract. 

2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

The fact that May isn’t free to sign anywhere also suggests that we were paying for him/buying him out of his contract. 

Same journalist said earlier today May had an agreement with Aberdeen to release him the moment he signed for Saints.

2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

It’s been well documented in the press May had negotiated the release from the remainder of the 2 years on his contract. 

Thus handing his notice in and making himself unemployed. 

Makes the fact all the mysterious things going on seem bemusing considering he won’t have a job. 

TW said Stevie would be very disappointed with the dead souring so gives an indication someone’s buggered it up for him and it ain’t Saints. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I was thinking about this earlier. Isma Goncalves is a free agent I'd be considering. Probably affordable, familiar with the league, and arguably someone with the potential to get close to 15 goals in a season. 

Stop thinking TRS. His potential may be diminishing. Great player first time at St Mirren. He’s not our 15 goal striker. I’m not so sure Mr May is either.