Player contracts and transfers

David123

28 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

I put the blight on Saints making the two games in NI . Downhill ever since 

seems like Saints want and need May

May wants and needs Saints

the two need to come together

Vine has made 25 club moves in 15 years playing an average of 14 games per move. This guy clearly loves a relocation fee!

Inflammable material 

The chairman should come out and make a statement on this saga, at least his version of events, it may not be all Vine and Mays doing.  Let the fans have the truth and don't treat us like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed shite).

Edited by GMac
Spelling error

2 hours ago, GMac said:

The chairman should come out and make a statement on this saga, at least his version of events, it may not be all Vine and Mays doing.  Let the fans have the truth and don't treat us like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed shite).

Why should SB say anything? It's pretty clear what's happened. Vine is wanting more for his fee. Call it "relocation", or whatever. SB has played this pretty well in my opinion- regardless of whether May signs or not. offer made, accepted by player. Saints & SB have been good imo- using the press & TW to ratchet up pressure on Vine. Why is Vine still hanging around Perth? If/ when May signs for another club, I'm sure SB will reveal the facts- but it seems pretty clear.

9 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Why should SB say anything? It's pretty clear what's happened. Vine is wanting more for his fee. Call it "relocation", or whatever. SB has played this pretty well in my opinion- regardless of whether May signs or not. offer made, accepted by player. Saints & SB have been good imo- using the press & TW to ratchet up pressure on Vine. Why is Vine still hanging around Perth? If/ when May signs for another club, I'm sure SB will reveal the facts- but it seems pretty clear.

Not all as.clear is being made out.   The fault may lie within. 

After the Richard Brittain carry on we got a minibus efter the May saga we should get a big bloody bus. My heid beelin wie the carry on, he’s signed he’s no signed everything is sorted he’s signed got his number everything is okay dokay. Oh wait a minute deals aff Viney wants Brooney to buy new furniture at IKEA:D for Stevie

1 minute ago, john.w said:

After the Richard Brittain carry on we got a minibus efter the May saga we should get a big bloody bus. My heid beelin wie the carry on, he’s signed he’s no signed everything is sorted he’s signed got his number everything is okay dokay. Oh wait a minute deals aff Viney wants Brooney to buy new furniture at IKEA:D for Stevie

Ha ha - Hope all your 'clients' are behaving John

Not that Vine is in any way obligated to, but often agents do speak about deals falling over. What can Vine say? The player accepted our contract, then he pops up trying to squeeze a bit more to line his pockets. Saints are standing firm- good on them. It's a question whether Vine changes his stance. Either way, his reputation as an agent, licensed or not, will suffer. The only fault Saints made was not getting a signed contract before the medical etc. Vine tried a sneaky one.

What are FIFA rules in relation to unlicensed agents and how much does it cost to put down a bond/surety to be licensed? Most likely illegal, hence why they introduced licenses, so to give supposed governance & stop shady cockroaches holding clubs to ransom. So that puts Vine & Saints in a tricky situation, assuming Vine is unlicensed. Which means Vine will face the same problem trying to get May to another club. I can just see him trying to get a loan from the bank "i need a shitload of dosh for my bond to be a licensed agent". Saints can't pay him directly- we'd be hammered. Must be one hell of a "relocation" fee and would be picked up by auditors.  Tasty.

8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

What are FIFA rules in relation to unlicensed agents and how much does it cost to put down a bond/surety to be licensed?

FIFA abolished its Player’s Agents Regulations and the licensing system for players’ agents in April 2015 and replaced it with Regulations on Working with Intermediaries. As part of the new process, the Scottish FA is responsible for publishing on its website by the end March each year a list of all intermediary transactions detailing individually the name of the intermediary , the player and club  involved in the transaction as well as publishing consolidated figures for payments made by clubs and players to Intermediaries

So Basically as long as you agree to their rules you can act as a intermediary. You could do it tomorrow if you want

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

What are FIFA rules in relation to unlicensed agents and how much does it cost to put down a bond/surety to be licensed? Most likely illegal, hence why they introduced licenses, so to give supposed governance & stop shady cockroaches holding clubs to ransom. So that puts Vine & Saints in a tricky situation, assuming Vine is unlicensed. Which means Vine will face the same problem trying to get May to another club. I can just see him trying to get a loan from the bank "i need a shitload of dosh for my bond to be a licensed agent". Saints can't pay him directly- we'd be hammered. Must be one hell of a "relocation" fee and would be picked up by auditors.  Tasty.

Many of the compliance officers, sorry, auditors, couldn’t find the most obvious thing in front of their nose :)

35 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Watching BT Sports this afternoon the panel at the Dundee v ICT game seemed to think the Saints/ Stevie May deal may not be dead.

Makes you wonder if the whole "deals dead, moving on to other targets" was too get the fans/press off the clubs back so they could have negotiations in private.

Previous negotiations were held when everyone in Perth was expecting the deal to be done that day. This way they've had a week to resolve the issues.

Edited by RandomGuy

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Makes you wonder if the whole "deals dead, moving on to other targets" was too get the fans/press off the clubs back so they could have negotiations in private.

Previous negotiations were held when everyone in Perth was expecting the deal to be done that day. This way they've had a week to resolve the issues.

Time will tell I still think there’s legs in the deal yet 

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

McPake has been saying the exact same thing about May for the past two weeks.

On Saints news though...

... TW now wants more players.

Is he not wanting the same number of players, just some other ones?  

Suspect he is meaning:

McMillan

Anderson

And although I hope not possibly Callaghan

With a couple of the youngsters also heading back out on loan. 

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

How the club felt that two young lads playing for Linfield and Stranraer last season were suddenly ready and capable for the top flight is rather questionable..

To be fair it worked after we brought Zander and May back from loan. 

6 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Saving the senior pros from chance of injury in a cup we were out of , a week before the real challenge starts.

I think that was the plan as Murray was on the bench but diod not even have his shorts on, only having to put them on when the young lad was injured.