Player contracts and transfers

David123

26 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Steve May I think will hold out until the last day of the transfer window 1st September? until he gets a move could be worth (£10,000) to him in wage difference.

Could be possible but think but if he genuinely wants to go, he would leave as soon as he could. By the 1st of September, I am assuming most teams will have filled their quota of players and hopefully including us. I do hope we are not looking for a striker on the 1st September

2 hours ago, Center Half said:

Tomorrow the 1st August is moving/signing day for all the greedy bastards that wanted a month longer of their large pay.

It could be worth ( £100,000/£150,000) to some of these English championship players who are out of contract and wont sign for another club until they get their extra month pay Steve Naismith for example!

Steve May I think will hold out until the last day of the transfer window 1st September? until he gets a move could be worth (£10,000) to him in wage difference.

If this is the case then surely he could have played for us as a trialist?

21 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Even fort William have made more signings than us 

I was reading about this. ICT wanted to run a Colts team in the Highland League, to replace Cove. The HL told them to fek off. Whereupon almost the entire ICT Colts team just signed on loan to Fort William. Which apparently is fine.

Their season started the other day. They lost 5 - 0.

During an interview about the signing of a third-choice goalkeeper (a signing which Tommy's fully aware might result in a bit of frustration from fans who are desperate to hear about a striker), Tommy's laptop happens to be facing towards the camera with a massive picture of Stevie May on it. This could be some of St. Johnstone's finest media work of all-time.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

During an interview about the signing of a third-choice goalkeeper (a signing which Tommy's fully aware might result in a bit of frustration from fans who are desperate to hear about a striker), Tommy's laptop happens to be facing towards the camera with a massive picture of Stevie May on it. This could be some of St. Johnstone's finest media work of all-time.

Or worst...

23 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Indeed.

Thinking positively, at the very least, this means that Tommy has been looking up Stevie May on the internet (assuming that's a webpage). He isn't losing the faith.

Might not have been looking up Stevie May for long. It's the first image that comes back in an image search for "stevie may st johnstone".....sort of thing you might do if you were just wanting an image of him in a Saints strip for some reason.

15 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

Might not have been looking up Stevie May for long. It's the first image that comes back in an image search for "stevie may st johnstone".....sort of thing you might do if you were just wanting an image of him in a Saints strip for some reason.

The image is positioned perfectly as well. The SaintsTV camera only just shows the entirety of Stevie May's face, cutting it off at the ideal point.

Anyway, in totally unrelated news, Derek McInnes has just been interviewed. He mentioned something about the Stevie May situation possibly developing in the next couple of days.

Edited by The Real Saints

5 hours ago, stanley saint said:

i thought he cancelled his contract.

To be fair that much has been said on the May situation i can't keep up with fact or fiction.

I wasnt sure either but since McInnes was asked about him in the build up to their European game he must still be under contract which could make centre half’s post logical

6 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I said from day one that we must have been buying him or paying up his contract. It seems as if that’s the case, given he’s still contracted at Aberdeen.

Not the case that was reported. Once a contract was agreed with us it would lead to the termination of his Aberdeen one. 

It would be of no benefit to May to cancel his contract before a new one was signed.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Screenshot_20190731-181722_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9b6c91245b95c0afe38f62c32546096.jpg

Not gonna lie, this on off transfer is brilliant. Whether he signs or not, this has been both the most Saints thing ever (highs and lows of crap results and non signings) and the most un saints thing ever (long drawn out transfer saga in the media).

Re the laptop, I'd suspect it's more innocent than some suggest. Guessing Tommy has been doing a bit of reading up of the Saints news in the media and just happens to have an article about may open.

Would love for him to be sending subtle messages and May gets unveiled in the next few days, but just don't see it.