Player contracts and transfers

David123

9 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Re the laptop, I'd suspect it's more innocent than some suggest. Guessing Tommy has been doing a bit of reading up of the Saints news in the media and just happens to have an article about may open.

An article with a photo which takes up the entire screen? Nah, I don't buy it. That photo has been intentionally zoomed in on. You won't find any recent Stevie May article which features that photo. The only place you can find it? As mentioned before, it's the first result when you look for photos of 'Stevie May, St. Johnstone' on Google. I'm not saying that this means he's going to sign. But I think people are burying their heads in the sand if they don't think this has been done deliberately.

Soooo, we need a left back, central midfielder and a striker and now have 4 feckin keepers on the books. 

I hope they know we cannae play two keepers in goals every game. 

This is utter bollocks now. 

Seasons started, League campaign in 3 bloody days. 

Embarrassing. 

Edited by St Mikey

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

An article with a photo which takes up the entire screen? Nah, I don't buy it. That photo has been intentionally zoomed in on. You won't find any recent Stevie May article which features that photo. The only place you can find it? As mentioned before, it's the first result when you look for photos of 'Stevie May, St. Johnstone' on Google. I'm not saying that this means he's going to sign. But I think people are burying their heads in the sand if they don't think this has been done deliberately.

To what end would someone do it deliberately though? We all know saints nearly signed him, so no secret that he is interested. Doubt even if we were in discussions that anyone at McD would make any reference to a potential deal, subtly or not until he signed a contract. 

3 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Soooo, we need a left back, central midfielder and a striker and now have 4 feckin keepers on the books. 

Seasons started, League campaign in 3 bloody days. 

Embarrassing. 

Well we don't do we we as one has gone out on loan to Brechin for a year 

Just now, St Mikey said:

I read into the keeper fest, that Tommy is either bringing in cover for the risk that Clark leaves or doesn't sign a new deal. If he does stay and we run with 2 younger keeps next year with parish leaving or, should Clark go, Parish is no.1 with the 2 younger keepers as backup.

Sinclair is well thought of, so suspect he is seen as the next no.1 longer term after a couple of season out on loan, moving up the leagues. 

Just now, TheYellowBox said:

I read into the keeper fest, that Tommy is either bringing in cover for the risk that Clark leaves or doesn't sign a new deal. If he does stay and we run with 2 younger keeps next year with parish leaving or, should Clark go, Parish is no.1 with the 2 younger keepers as backup.

Sinclair is well thought of, so suspect he is seen as the next no.1 longer term after a couple of season out on loan, moving up the leagues. 

Correct. Zander has not signed, we've loaned one out. This is a well respected keeper that will be relatively cheap. 

As for the laptop thing, it's brilliant drama. Clearly not an innocent plant, but why indeed?

Perhaps a dig at the chairman? 

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Well we don't do we we as one has gone out on loan to Brechin for a year 

Missing the point. 

Irrespective Sinclair has gone on loan.

We have 4 registered keepers in our squad and on 3 strikers. 

But if you want it that way we have as many keepers as strikers all of which ain’t going to score us goals. 

We need outfield players with a bit more urgency. 

15 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

To what end would someone do it deliberately though? We all know saints nearly signed him, so no secret that he is interested. Doubt even if we were in discussions that anyone at McD would make any reference to a potential deal, subtly or not until he signed a contract. 

I have no idea. Hopefully we'll find out. It just seems incredibly blatant to me. The laptop hasn't featured in any of Tommy's other office videos, it is facing the camera (albeit in quite a subtle way), the camera is angled perfectly so we can just see Stevie's entire face before it cuts off on the right-hand side... And it seems quite a bizarre notion that both Tommy and Gary didn't notice it whilst recording the video. But for me, the biggest indicator is the fact that it's an old Saints photo from an old Daily Record article which has undoubtedly been zoomed in on. If it wasn't for some sort of purpose, why on earth would Tommy be putting in that much effort? Also, as he's a more 'mature' gentleman who is possibly unsure about computers and their ways, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had helped him with this.

I'm not saying that he'll sign with us by any means. But I just don't believe it was a totally unplanned coincidence.

Edited by The Real Saints

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I have no idea. Hopefully we'll find out. It just seems incredibly blatant to me. The laptop hasn't featured in any of Tommy's other office videos, it is facing the camera (albeit in quite a subtle way), the camera is angled perfectly so we can just see Stevie's entire face before it cuts off on the right-hand side... And it seems quite a bizarre notion that both Tommy and Gary didn't notice it whilst recording the video. But for me, the biggest indicator is the fact that it's an old Saints photo from an old Daily Record article which has undoubtedly been zoomed in on. If it wasn't for some sort of purpose, why on earth would Tommy be putting in that much effort? Also, as an older man who is possibly unsure about computers and their ways, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had helped him with this.

Elementary my dear Watson.....

44 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Also, as he's a more 'mature' gentleman who is possibly unsure about computers and their ways, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had helped him with this.

You ageist you. How dare you imply that older people are possibly unsure about computers. You can call me a Zoom-er if you like, and tell me that I’m in Cloud cuckoo land. I won’t mind, I might send you a Prezi.

1 minute ago, andrew said:

You ageist you. How dare you imply that older people are possibly unsure about computers. You can call me a Zoom-er if you like, and tell me that I’m in Cloud cuckoo land. I won’t mind, I might send you a Prezi.

Andrew, don't forget that I've seen you in real life and therefore I already know that you're clearly in your mid-thirties at most. 

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I have no idea. Hopefully we'll find out. It just seems incredibly blatant to me. The laptop hasn't featured in any of Tommy's other office videos, it is facing the camera (albeit in quite a subtle way), the camera is angled perfectly so we can just see Stevie's entire face before it cuts off on the right-hand side... And it seems quite a bizarre notion that both Tommy and Gary didn't notice it whilst recording the video. But for me, the biggest indicator is the fact that it's an old Saints photo from an old Daily Record article which has undoubtedly been zoomed in on. If it wasn't for some sort of purpose, why on earth would Tommy be putting in that much effort? Also, as he's a more 'mature' gentleman who is possibly unsure about computers and their ways, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had helped him with this.

I'm not saying that he'll sign with us by any means. But I just don't believe it was a totally unplanned coincidence.

I think Tommy plays the 'I dont do social media/internet' card a bit too often.  He has referred to the opinion on the internet a few times this season so clearly reads some of it.

I really hope Tommy is just having a laugh knowing people will be getting all worked up about it, would be some cracking trolling. Probably Gary's best media work yet!

8 hours ago, St Mikey said:

Missing the point. 

Irrespective Sinclair has gone on loan.

We have 4 registered keepers in our squad and on 3 strikers. 

But if you want it that way we have as many keepers as strikers all of which ain’t going to score us goals. 

We need outfield players with a bit more urgency. 

You have 3 strikers plus Swanson, O'Halloran, Wright, Kennedy who could also play as a striker in an emergency.

You could not play anyone in goals in an emergency? 3 keepers on the books and available for a squad is essential. 

9 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Completely agree... if it was his desktop background then it could conceivably just be something he's had on his laptop for years without changing it, but a zoomed in photo filling the entire screen of a browser tab? I just can't think of any possible scenario where that could happen accidentally. Add in the fact that the laptop's turned at a weird angle to face the camera, and it's 100% intentional. Hard to know what the intention of it all is, but a dig at the chairman would be my guess, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I think Tommy plays the 'I dont do social media/internet' card a bit too often.  He has referred to the opinion on the internet a few times this season so clearly reads some of it.

I really hope Tommy is just having a laugh knowing people will be getting all worked up about it, would be some cracking trolling. Probably Gary's best media work yet!

I think he usually says he has been told about stuff on social media. Must be by Roddy,he has to be there for some reason.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Completely agree... if it was his desktop background then it could conceivably just be something he's had on his laptop for years without changing it, but a zoomed in photo filling the entire screen of a browser tab? I just can't think of any possible scenario where that could happen accidentally. Add in the fact that the laptop's turned at a weird angle to face the camera, and it's 100% intentional. Hard to know what the intention of it all is, but a dig at the chairman would be my guess, unfortunately.

Totally agree with this - the angle of the laptop is suspicious for me.  It is at right angles to him, which is bizarre, unless he simply moved it from in front of him to allow the camera to film him unobstructed.

But then, the question becomes why was he looking up Stevie May on the internet before the interview ?  It is clearly a browser tab with a picture of Stevie May been clicked on to expand it to full screen.  

Clearly, this is a set up in some way, but the mind boggles as to what the message is.  Is it a dig at Steve Brown ? Deals fall through all the time due to budget constraints etc. and Tommy usually moves on to the next target, so why is he lingering on this one so much ?  Perhaps it's  a subtle message to the fans that he is still "looking" at Stevie May and that the deal is not as dead as we were lead to believe.

There are rumours on Pie & Bovril that May has sacked Rowan Vine as his agent, so perhaps he has been back in touch to say he still wants the move ?

Time will tell, I'm sure.

I think it's deliberate too. If it's a troll, it's a pretty misguided one given the reaction to the deal's collapse last week. I'm hoping Gary/Wright are showing marketing chops, the beginning of an elaborate hype campaign before announcing Stevie May at the end of the week. It's more likely to be the former than the latter I fear.