Player contracts and transfers

David123

This is rolling on too long. If there is no sign of May signing by tomorrow afternoon then Tommy has to move on to the other targets.If there are any.

We have not been too successful in the transfer market so far. Right back looks poor & Jury out on Estonian.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Maybe because there isn't anyone? You're speaking as if theres hundreds of free scoring top flight strikers just hanging about waiting on a call.

Not at all, if Stevie was the clubs first choice then Im fine with that but seems like no plan B or C.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Im just fearful the club will just dwindle away. I get the whole balancing the books thing and everyone says what a well run club it is in that respect but are you saying that no matter how good the football is we'll never attract more of a crowd. 

Be carefull what you wish for. Patrick have new owners & they have removed the team bus amongst other things. The euro lottery winner has removed his funding for training complex as he doesn't trust new owners.

Geoff saved this club & I for one will be forever gratefull. For that reason I will give his son a bit of leeway. Mind you I do have a worry that all is not well at the club but don't know in what way.

25 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Be carefull what you wish for. Patrick have new owners & they have removed the team bus amongst other things. The euro lottery winner has removed his funding for training complex as he doesn't trust new owners.

Geoff saved this club & I for one will be forever gratefull. For that reason I will give his son a bit of leeway. Mind you I do have a worry that all is not well at the club but don't know in what way.

Which I cant disagree with. We should all be grateful and I would rather we were in lower half of the league or even the championship than over stretch the finances and have no club at all.  

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

Not at all, if Stevie was the clubs first choice then Im fine with that but seems like no plan B or C.

Plan B is Kane Hemmings, according to the papers, and they also report we've already been in talks with his club on the off chance the May deal falls through again.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Plan B is Kane Hemmings, according to the papers, and they also report we've already been in talks with his club on the off chance the May deal falls through again.

Hopefully the club have a deadline if he hasn’t signed by then we move on, we definitely need someone in by Saturday 

Just now, bankfoot saint said:

Hopefully the club have a deadline if he hasn’t signed by then we move on, we definitely need someone in by Saturday 

I doubt they'd shit the bed and sign an inferior player, with a month of the window left, because we might lose the second game of the season without signing a striker.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I doubt they'd shit the bed and sign an inferior player, with a month of the window left, because we might lose the second game of the season without signing a striker.

26 days until it closes, when do we pull the plug on Stevie and go our next choice. For me it will be tomorrow if he is in there squad for Croatia. It is time. Because yes we may get in your opinion second best  but it is better than waiting until there is third best left. Stevie has to make the decision now and stop dragging us through a shit load of agony.

Personally I do not think he will get us the 10-15 league goals we need this season, Hemming is a better option, we should go and get him now. This sentiment of 17 May is nothing more than more than sentiment. The hope that he will miraculously return to goals scoring form is fantasy. MOH is in the same boat, we hope to get past performances but so far nothing. Watch the clip below and tell me I am wrong (if you reply within 7 mins I know you have not watched it). But it may change if Tommy puts him where he belongs on the right wing.

Edited by Johnny B

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

This is rolling on too long. If there is no sign of May signing by tomorrow afternoon then Tommy has to move on to the other targets.If there are any.

We have not been too successful in the transfer market so far. Right back looks poor & Jury out on Estonian.

The goalie doesn't look like he is going to compete with the off form Clark for the goalies jersey either.

Not finished yet but this must be the worst transfer window yet.

16 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

So you’d let this drag on for a couple of weeks in the hope he signs before the end of the window ??

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If the alternative was getting a worse player tonight, then yes.

I take this comment back, as I'd honestly been assuming he'd have signed before this weekend.

An absolute farce we've still not signed a striker, hes had 7 months to identify and sign one.

17 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

So you’d let this drag on for a couple of weeks in the hope he signs before the end of the window ??

The only people who can really answer that question are the ones who are involved in the deal and understand what any hold-ups might be. If there are genuine reasons why it's taking time but progress is being made, then I'd say stick with it and back the manager in getting his first choice. If it feels like it's just dragging on with no light at the end of the tunnel, then of course a deadline has to be set. But I don't understand the logic of fans randomly saying "it has to be done by tomorrow" or " it has to be done by next Tuesday" or whatever other arbitrary date people are coming up with.

I partly wonder if we might end up reverting to bringing him in on loan, if for some reason the permanent deal isn't happening. That would get him here and give us time to sort out making it permanent, while also giving us a better idea of whether or not he's going to be able to recapture his old form.

19 hours ago, Rob said:

Exactly... it was someones job to find them but instead we are still chasing Stevie.

Brilliant!!!

Get pumped off Forfar, Montrose and 7-0 off Celtic but we are too good for Stevie May.

Unfashionable St.Johnstone Football Club + “city of” Perth + low wages + no chance of silverware + playing in front of 3000 fans... Mmmmm very appealing for your average 15+ a season striker. Not! 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

07-08-19-aberdeen-airport-aberdeen-aberdeens-19186218.jpg.3f8036847d69fe02b508ed2e26f91043.jpg

Pictured getting off the team bus to get the flight.

If we dont, suddenly out of the blue, sign a striker then we'll be going into Saturdays game with only Hendry and McMillan as natural strikers.

Why would McInnes allow him to stay at home?

He is a first team player and both May and McInnes have a responsibility to use him as such until he has signed on the dotted line and the paperwork is completed.

Why would he fill his bench with an untested youngster when he has May.