Player contracts and transfers

David123

If this latest tedious transfer twist is by any means true, I now genuinely couldn't care less about the coming season, I will still use my season ticket but without any ounce of enthusiasm, which will match how the club seems to go about its business.  What a truly sorry state of affairs.

33 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Got to wonder the cost of bringing in players versus the cost of going down. Dundee United are in their 4th season in the championship so it's not an easy league to get out of these days. It will cost Saints a lot of money getting relegated.

Tv money goes up next year too 

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Hemmings signs for Dundee. Tommy should have kept quiet.

This just couldn't get worse.

Don't think Tommy said anything publicly about Hemmings? As far as I can see, we've offered a loan deal for Hemmings. He and/or his club would prefer a permanent move. Meanwhile, Steve Brown has completely ****ed up the negotiations with Stevie May after offering him less than before. If the same deal had been offered which was previously turned down, Stevie would be a Saints player now. This has developed into a total farce and the chairman has dealt with it shambolically.

A shambles. Nothing more to say really. 

Amateur club gets made to look amateur. If Brown doesnt wake up and realise hes the issue in most of our problems signing players, then we're ****ed.

I genuinely think we'll go down this season, and I can't even argue it wouldnt be deserved. This summer window has reeked of arrogance that we're too far ahead of the bottom sides.

8 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

Geoff needs to get in there and give his laddie a good slapping

If we did go down how long would it take us to get back up? There will be a relegation clause in the contracts a percentage reduction in salary and some players will have a get out of jail free card; a termination of their contract if we are relegated. How many currently negotiating a new contract will not put a release clause into their contract.

Goalkeepers

1 Zander Clark (27) -2020

12. Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) - 2021

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (34) - 2020

2 Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

5 Madis Vihmann (23) 2020 (Loan)

6. Steven Anderson (33) - 2020

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) - 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) - 2021

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (25) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

20. Kyle McClean (20) - 2020

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2020 

33. Matty Kennedy (24) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

Forwards

9. Chris Kane (24) – 2020

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020

16. David McMillan (30) – 2020

7 outfield players and how many of them have the release clause?  How many would be sold? That’s how hard it will be to bounce right back up.

We need it sorted now and the above will not be in our thoughts.t take us to get k up.

Edited by Johnny B

17 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Brilliant!!!

Get pumped off Forfar, Montrose and 7-0 off Celtic but we are too good for Stevie May.

Unfashionable St.Johnstone Football Club + “city of” Perth + low wages + no chance of silverware + playing in front of 3000 fans... Mmmmm very appealing for your average 15+ a season striker. Not! 

Never did I say we were too good for Stevie, my point was it seems we have spent too long now trying to get him and it seems its still not going to happen. Not saying there are loads of 15+ goal strikers waiting for the call from Saints but there would have been a few other options which have probably also gone now.

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never did I say we were too good for Stevie, my point was it seems we have spent too long now trying to get him and it seems its still not going to happen. Not saying there are loads of 15+ goal strikers waiting for the call from Saints but there would have been a few other options which have probably also gone now.

Considering we apparently made a loan offer for Hemmings, who plays for a club who's desperate to raise funds, tells you everything about how our hunt for other targets would be.

Our last rejection was from Declan Gallagher, we then signed Wallace Duffy instead. A comparative drop off in quality from May/Hemmings to who we sign will see us relegated.

If it's true that the May deal has died again, then surely Saints now need to come out and give their side of things. Because from what's being reported it's making Steve Brown look stubborn to the point of being self-destructive. Surely to agree a deal with the manager's number one target, and then go back on it, is simply cutting off our own nose to spite our face and is a massive kick in the teeth for Tommy Wright. Rowan Vine was accused of moving the goalposts before but it now looks like our chairman has done the same thing.

How many times this summer have we heard about this new strategy of going for quality over quantity... which all sounds great, but did the board seriously not understand the extent to which bringing in "quality" actually involves spending money??

Very worried about who we'll end up signing at this stage (an English youngster on loan? someone else from Ireland?), and I also think that the way things are going there's a genuine possibility of us taking a hammering from Livingston at the weekend. On a lesser scale it's also a bit worrying that it was mentioned above that the club hasn't even bothered to put the Livi match tickets online yet. What the hell is going on with Saints these days?

24 minutes ago, dave mc said:

So losing 3 goal Watt and big Joe has turned into relegation candidates, really? Liam Gordon will be as good as Joe after new year

We scored 38 goals in 38 games, lost our joint top scoring striker, while we stayed out of safety due to the 8 game unbeaten run, where Shaughnessy was a major player in all the clean sheets we had.

In the last 15 games of last season St Mirren and Hamilton got more points than us, with Livingston getting just one less.

3 minutes ago, dave mc said:

That form was compounded by 3 straight games against Celtic, not arguing we need a couple of players, but my mortgage won’t be going on us going down, but good luck if you do 

One game v Celtic was a game in hand so ultimately had no bearing on our league standing, there was a cup game of which Celtic haven't lost one in a long time.  So there was one league match to play for - why the players and manager supposedly took it all to heart shows you the mindset is not right and it should have been sorted out after those three matches.  It has been used as an excuse to cover for our dire form.

Disappointed in Hemmings offer. 

A loan?! WTF. Notts County are needing rid of players due to financial issues and we offer a loan. We were probably put off by a potential of a small fee considering County paid £100k for him not that long ago. 

I wonder how many other players we’ve tried to get that aren’t publicised. 

If the rumour of Mays original deal that was accepted but didn’t cross the line but has now been reduced down reeks of selfishness. You had a great offer, didn’t sign, now come back so here’s half the offer FFS.

2 weeks on from last attempt and still no key players.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If it's true that the May deal has died again, then surely Saints now need to come out and give their side of things. Because from what's being reported it's making Steve Brown look stubborn to the point of being self-destructive. Surely to agree a deal with the manager's number one target, and then go back on it, is simply cutting off our own nose to spite our face and is a massive kick in the teeth for Tommy Wright. Rowan Vine was accused of moving the goalposts before but it now looks like our chairman has done the same thing.

How many times this summer have we heard about this new strategy of going for quality over quantity... which all sounds great, but did the board seriously not understand the extent to which bringing in "quality" actually involves spending money??

Very worried about who we'll end up signing at this stage (an English youngster on loan? someone else from Ireland?), and I also think that the way things are going there's a genuine possibility of us taking a hammering from Livingston at the weekend. On a lesser scale it's also a bit worrying that it was mentioned above that the club hasn't even bothered to put the Livi match tickets online yet. What the hell is going on with Saints these days?

Maybe Kojak will give us a update