Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

A shambles. Nothing more to say really. 

Amateur club gets made to look amateur. If Brown doesnt wake up and realise hes the issue in most of our problems signing players, then we're ****ed.

I genuinely think we'll go down this season, and I can't even argue it wouldnt be deserved. This summer window has reeked of arrogance that we're too far ahead of the bottom sides.

I know we have had our ding dongs but it’s what I have been trying to put across (probably not in the right manner) it’s a shambles across the board from youth to first team to stadium staff, all undervalued. However as you have said before it’s a business so can’t really blame the chairman. Who would sink millions into a football team for no return? It’s a tough gig.

I think it’s going to be a fight between the two Saints as to who is going down this year. It looks like it’s the end of the Saints cycle of doing well, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

They've also apparently signed him for nothing.

We offered to loan him, from a club in financial trouble, who were willing to let him go for free.

The most galling thing for me here is, we probably could have got both....maybe for more than we would of liked to of paid....but certainly not more than we could of afforded comfortably

3 minutes ago, sasha said:

I know we have had our ding dongs but it’s what I have been trying to put across (probably not in the right manner) it’s a shambles across the board from youth to first team to stadium staff, all undervalued. However as you have said before it’s a business so can’t really blame the chairman. Who would sink millions into a football team for no return? It’s a tough gig.

I think it’s going to be a fight between the two Saints as to who is going down this year. It looks like it’s the end of the Saints cycle of doing well, unfortunately.

Yeah but Brown states he is untouchable!!! Arrogant a**hole

Just now, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The most galling thing for me here is, we probably could have got both....maybe for more than we would of liked to of paid....but certainly not more than we could of afforded comfortably

He was on a decent wedge at Notts County, a pal of mine who supports them says he doesn’t do enough but can pop up and score anytime. I think Dundee will be paying around £3k plus bonuses.

Tommy always finds a great signing,I for one had never heard of drey Wright or Matty Kennedy until they signed for saints,why worry we finished seventh with the squad almost the same,let the Dundee clubs go and spend, shankland I heard on 9k a week,we support a well run club,who are not in debt etc, United and Dundee will go bust trying to get out the championship on that kind of money, saints will still be doing well in the premiership

4 minutes ago, tucker said:

Tommy always finds a great signing,I for one had never heard of drey Wright or Matty Kennedy until they signed for saints,why worry we finished seventh with the squad almost the same,let the Dundee clubs go and spend, shankland I heard on 9k a week,we support a well run club,who are not in debt etc, United and Dundee will go bust trying to get out the championship on that kind of money, saints will still be doing well in the premiership

However, if the rumours are true, Tommy wont be the one to find another signing - rumour of a press conference called at McDiarmid at 12pm to announce Wrights resignation.  If this is true, club are in serious trouble.

1 minute ago, Saint Paul said:

However, if the rumours are true, Tommy wont be the one to find another signing - rumour of a press conference called at McDiarmid at 12pm to announce Wrights resignation.  If this is true, club are in serious trouble.

Not surprised the guy gets f***ed over every transfer window, Brown will looking to bring in another yes man that he can control

Guest ScottMann

So basically our obsession with turning back the clock for a now non-scorer has cost us the regular scorer we desperately need. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

1 minute ago, ScottMann said:

So basically our obsession with turning back the clock for a now non-scorer has cost us the regular scorer we desperately need. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure that's correct. We made a move for Hemmings while still talking to May, the problem was the offer we made was a loan deal, while the player and club clearly wanted him to leave permanently, seeing as Dundee have signed him for nothing.

We might have had years of financial stability but the PR is a shambles. 

The only thing the club got right behind the scenes was Ross. Media has gone to f**k since he left. You have to think that appointment was probably more luck than anything else. 

This club is desperate for some young blood and modern thinking behind the scenes. Having a builder and a sparky running the club just isn’t working.

The Brown’s have done great for the club down the years but I honestly think they’re at the stage that they’re doing as much harm as they are good. 

I think it would be hard work to f**k things up the way we have this summer. 

As someone who runs a largely social media based business, I’m honestly close to the point of emailing them and asking if they need some help LAUGH OUT LOUD