Player contracts and transfers

David123

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

No.

This isn't me being a d*** btw, I actually checked their squads. Bury barely have 11 players and their only recognisable one is a 35 year old Jermaine Beckford who played one game last season.

Strikers are Bolton are an 18yo with 2 senior games, or 21yo who couldn't get a goal for Accrington Stanley last season.

Jermaine Beckford will do for me! FFS the Jermaine Beckford! On  the level of a DUBS Signing like! Get it ****ing done TW/SB 

1 hour ago, Linky said:

2 clubs pretty much going bust in League 1, needing clubs to take players off their hands: Bolton & Bury.

Any players worth speaking to?

Notts County had a wee fire sale and we missed out on Hemmings. Think we’d be priced out of any of the guys at those teams. 

Just made the mistake of looking up last seasons results, based on a tweet from a Saints fans claiming we'll be nowhere near relegation even if we don't sign a striker.

If you remove Dundee, who last season were miles from a top flight standard side...

We won 3 games in 2019, drawing 3, and losing 10. Scored 9 goals, and conceded 24.

The 2-0 win over Motherwell at the end of the season saw them experimenting with their line up, as did our loss to Hamilton on the final day.

Our win ratio was 19%, while we averaged 1.7 games per goal scored, and 0.6 games per goal conceded.

If we continue that form, which lasted five months, with this weaker squad, we're on course for 7 wins all season, and 7 draws. That would give us 28pts.

We'll score 22 goals, and concede 63.

Edited by RandomGuy

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I think we're all getting desperate.

Dundee apparently signing Graham Dorrans on loan tomorrow.

How have they got the money for these signings. It seems like the two Dundee sides have spent more than anyone out with the top 6.

I think I’d take Jermaine Beckford right now. Bolton look to have a couple of decent midfielders.

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

How have they got the money for these signings. It seems like the two Dundee sides have spent more than anyone out with the top 6.

I think I’d take Jermaine Beckford right now. Bolton look to have a couple of decent midfielders.

Apparently hes getting a hefty pay off from Rangers and taking a fairly sensible wage because of his friendship with McPake and his desire to enjoy football again by playing.

5 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

Does May not deserve more respect for past services AND the big fee he earned the club from Sheff Wed ?

Wait till Aberdeen buy Kerr and Tommy walks...

Honestly think Kerr was given a new contract and the captaincy was to boost his value with the expectation to sell him either this window or next so wouldn’t expect Wright to walk if he’s sold 

I for one wouldn't be surprised if may is signed before Saturday,he must realise now Aberdeen don't want him not even on the bench tonight, always up to the lad he either collects a very good wage in the stand or on the bench,or play's week in week out back at saint's,his opinions are very limited now most teams have there guys now,and to honest every other team who goes for him now realises his first choice was st Johnstone

Searching to try and find a decent striker there are not many about. I had a look at the English Premier league development squads for a loan. I found one at Arsenal. The problem we may have is that we are too slow at putting the in through balls. Numerous times I have seen MOH making runs only for our midfield to pass it sideways. John Jules seems to thrive on the through ball

10 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Would YOU sign for less than was offered 2 weeks ago? 

Stevie May and his “advisers” (whoever they may be) would have been naive in the extreme to think they would be offered the same deal again after taking the piss out of the club in particularl Tommy Wright. It’s all about actions and consequences and it was May and his people’s action that soured the deal.

Im not entirely convinced that the club  are to blame for the current situation ,after all Tommy Wright clearly stated on radio pre Celtic game it was not the club who “moved the goal posts”.

Stevie May ain’t the player we all worshiped 5 years ago,I think there was an element of chancing one’s mit when it was obvious our need for a striker and in particular our desire to bring him back to the fold.Personaly I don’t think there’s much interest in Stevie from other clubsand he could well end up back with us,it will take something to break the stalemate between the two parties but an enhanced deal isn’t the answer.

11 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Would YOU sign for less than was offered 2 weeks ago? 

Every single Asda employee is currently being asked that question, and if they don’t sign, they’re out. I want May to sign, but let’s not feel too sorry for the lad - he’s a wealthy man who could have signed for us some time ago on a wage almost all of us will never see.

29 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Keilour-Dunn wants to leave County. Unfortunately a winger is the only position we don't have a problem with. A swap with Swanson might be an idea though.

Why would we want a player who can't get a game for a team we plan to finish above in the league, in a position we don't need to fill?

Gary Hooper is out of our price range. Lafferty might be a chance if he hasn't got any other offers and wants to stay in Scotland.

There are a few that might be in our price range still without a club:

Andy Keogh, Will Keane, Giles Barnes, Leon Best

49 minutes ago, Linky said:

Gary Hooper is out of our price range. Lafferty might be a chance if he hasn't got any other offers and wants to stay in Scotland.

There are a few that might be in our price range still without a club:

Andy Keogh, Will Keane, Giles Barnes, Leon Best

My choice from the above Will Keane

Unless Hooper wants to return to Scotland, I can't see why he'd come here. Any club (bar Bury & Bolton) in the top 4 leagues in England would pay higher wages than us. I would suggest he's still a big name in England (unlike Lafferty, for example) so there would be interest from Championship and League 1 clubs.

6 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Is anybody else interested in these players? Hooper will have been clearly on a wage higher than what we've ever paid anyone, but what are people willing to pay him now? If you don't ask, you don't get...

Theres no chance of Hooper. None. You can ask the question but I imagine he'd just laugh.

3 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

My choice from the above Will Keane

Why?

Hes an injury prone striker who's never scored more than 3 in a season, and has 8 career goals to his name after making his debut 8 years ago.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Theres no chance of Hooper. None. You can ask the question but I imagine he'd just laugh.

Why?

Hes an injury prone striker who's never scored more than 3 in a season, and has 8 career goals to his name after making his debut 8 years ago.

What was you choice from those given?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Why?

Injury prone I could only find 1 in 2012 which kept him out for the season. As for goals, he went on loan to Ipswich in January and scored 3 in 11 games. If we use your figures another way that translates to at least 10 in a season.