Player contracts and transfers

David123

Every goal we concede is due to someone in our team either not doing their job good enough or taking a risk that doesn't come off. Danny is getting made a scapegoat by many, pretty unjustly imo. Folk can go on about him not being value for money but you could go through the whole side and there's plenty who aren't. Danny can be a game changer,  we will need that at times this season, I'd keep the chubby wee bouncer batterer.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch
Stupid phone

1 hour ago, akuram said:

Our first goal on Saturday only came about due to the run from our defence by Danny.

Oh FFS. 

Yes he made the run, then made a complete arse of it as he did repeatedly all game. Now to be fair he had 2 on him but he didn't have the pace or the guile to get past them, or see a ball inside. 

We were lucky that the defender made a bit of a hash of playing the ball back to the keeper, but that goal was because MOH had the pace and intuition to get on it and rob the defence, and get the ball across to Matty. I know you picked that example to suggest that we should be keeping Swanson, but to me it was the perfect illustration of why he needs binned. 

I've seen every game he's played on his return (except one) and I'm sick of it. Of course I appreciate his history with the club but he's a wage thief now. He might have been a game-changer 4 years ago, but he ain't now. 

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Oh FFS. 

Yes he made the run, then made a complete arse of it as he did repeatedly all game. Now to be fair he had 2 on him but he didn't have the pace or the guile to get past them, or see a ball inside. 

On the highlights it looked like he was fouled when he got shoved in the back before the ball started bouncing off people.

5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Seems the fans have decided Swanson should go but I don't think Tommy has.

Would say Callaghan, Ando & McMillan are ahead of Swanson.

I think Tommy has started or brought Danny on in every game since close season.

Not sure if Tommy is hoping he will find form or trying to get him fit.

Wouldn't be unhappy if he found another club though as when Dray & Spoony come back there will not be a place for him. Don't want to see him as a 10.

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Seems the fans have decided Swanson should go but I don't think Tommy has.

I think the fans believe we have too many wide players and one should go to make way for a defensive midfield player. We have Swanson, O'Halloran, Wotherspoon, Kennedy and Wright which in my opinion is too many when carrying a small squad. You are correct Tommy is the man in charge and if he wants to keep 5 wide players he can. But Tommy knows he has to get players out before he can get players in. Which one would you chose to sell or release.

5 hours ago, akuram said:

Our first goal on Saturday only came about due to the run from our defence by Danny.

Only came due to a run from our defence by Danny. Clutching at straws here. I think there are lot more factors in our goal other than Danny running from defence.

You could say it came about by a good clearance from their free kick by Tanser  

You could say it was Kennedy's flick on that contributed to the goal

You could say it was Danny losing the ball was a factor in the goal.

You could say the defenders pass back caused the goal

You could say O'Halloran's interception and pass to Kennedy was the reason we scored 

Or our first goal came about by Kennedy putting the ball in the back of the net

Do you still think "Our first goal on Saturday only came about due to the run from our defence by Danny."

You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree

Not really bothered, just so happy for the goal which gave the team and the fans such a lift. MOH's pace to beat the goalie and cross to Matty was terrific but Danny's run did start it off.

Just my opinion which is probably wrong. Doesn't matter we scored.

23 minutes ago, akuram said:

Not really bothered, just so happy for the goal which gave the team and the fans such a lift. MOH's pace to beat the goalie and cross to Matty was terrific but Danny's run did start it off.

Looks like Johnny B was just being pedantic about the way your worded it originally.  Fairly slim pickings really.

2 hours ago, akuram said:

To me Mikey was the only player on that pitch that could have got there before the goalie & his pass to Matty was perfect, not a deflection as reported by many.

9 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Every goal we concede is due to someone in our team either not doing their job good enough or taking a risk that doesn't come off. Danny is getting made a scapegoat by many, pretty unjustly imo. Folk can go on about him not being value for money but you could go through the whole side and there's plenty who aren't. Danny can be a game changer,  we will need that at times this season, I'd keep the chubby wee bouncer batterer.

Danny Swanson chubby? Have you been to any games this season. He’s a whippet!

Swanson and Kane seem to get knocked off the ball too easy by big defenders. Play a team like Livi and they spend half of it on the ground. Even when it is a foul they dont get it. Matty knows when to go for it and when to play for a foul. Referee was just turning a blind eye on Saturday, he wasnt getting anything, see that a lot these days with referees.

Nottingham Forrest boss Sabri Lamouchi aims to cut former Hibs striker Jason Cummings from his squad, with a return to Scotland possible for the 24-year-old.

So he's still available and May hasn't even been on the bench for Aberdeen in the last two games. I can't help thinking one of them still may be coming our way.

9 minutes ago, cristo said:

Nottingham Forrest boss Sabri Lamouchi aims to cut former Hibs striker Jason Cummings from his squad, with a return to Scotland possible for the 24-year-old.

So he's still available and May hasn't even been on the bench for Aberdeen in the last two games. I can't help thinking one of them still may be coming our way.

Hope someone comes in 

Things have certainly been extremely quiet since the reported breakdown of the May deal and Hemmings going to Dundee.  There have not been any rumours, such as the Cummings one, for us to dissect and obsess over in the way we all did over the potential May signing.  I think we need to start a new rumour, just to get the message boards lighting up again the way they did at the start of the month :lol:

However, do any of the "In the Know" posters have any juicy rumours on potential signings ?