Player contracts and transfers

David123

Yeah, needs to be given time. We know he's capable and just needs some confidence so the fans can help boost that.

Killie obviously heard he's coming home and resorted to signing a defender from Juventus. Looking forward to the game.

I hope this news stops all the Taxi for Tommy and is Steve Brown doing a good job nonsense posted on here in the last few weeks. The money the Chairman has made available to get the likes of O"Hallaron, Wright, Swanson, Kennedy and now May in the past seasons should be applauded certainly not critised. On the crowds we are getting I cant imagine us affording anyone better.Taking Rangers and Celtic out if the equation, there are not many if any other squads in the division I would swap ours for. Remember too that May and anyone else we might still sign is not taking into account the money spent to keep Kerr and Clark.

1 minute ago, Priorlandsaint said:

I hope this news stops all the Taxi for Tommy and is Steve Brown doing a good job nonsense posted on here in the last few weeks. The money the Chairman has made available to get the likes of O"Hallaron, Wright, Swanson, Kennedy and now May in the past seasons should be applauded certainly not critised. On the crowds we are getting I cant imagine us affording anyone better.Taking Rangers and Celtic out if the equation, there are not many if any other squads in the division I would swap ours for. Remember too that May and anyone else we might still sign is not taking into account the money spent to keep Kerr and Clark.

Great point but nobody is bigger than StJohnstone so criticism / opinions should  be voiced regarding the two most important people looking after OUR club

9 minutes ago, Priorlandsaint said:

I hope this news stops all the Taxi for Tommy and is Steve Brown doing a good job nonsense posted on here in the last few weeks. 

Whilst I'm buzzing we've signed May let's not pretend Brown and Wright's management of the transfer window has been nothing short of a shambles.

And as for investment in the team, maybe. I still see a threadbare defence and a gap in central midfield and we did just ship out another first team player to bring May in today. I'm assuming we already have a replacement for Foster but we are definitely 3 short of a big enough squad.

We have problems at Saints, we are a well run business but we're nowhere near professional enough in how we run the football club.

All that will be forgotten on a Saturday when the team runs out but just because we are a solid business it doesn't mean we shouldn't still be aiming to improve all the time on and off the park.

6 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

You don’t think we would have signed stevie if foster didn’t leave?

I thought we would have signed him last month and then earlier this month so I've no idea if we would. I've no doubt Wright's been told to balance the books though so feels like 1 in 1 out at the moment.

The Foster saga is odd though, more to that one than is being said.

1 hour ago, Priorlandsaint said:

There's a lot more to being Chairman than managing a budget. 

Loads of room for improvement, my concern is he does not see it and that is what hurts. 

I don't know how many on here are also Twitter, but 3 hours ago Stevie posted "home time" . Now over 200 hundred replies, masses of them from dons fans. Unbelievable really, almost all positive and wishing him well. Many sad to see him go, didn't get a chance etc. Seems the only person that didn't rate him was McInnes.

1 minute ago, cristo said:

I don't know how many on here are also Twitter, but 3 hours ago Stevie posted "home time" . Now over 200 hundred replies, masses of them from dons fans. Unbelievable really, almost all positive and wishing him well. Many sad to see him go, didn't get a chance etc. Seems the only person that didn't rate him was McInnes.

I'm quite sad, so have been reading fans forums/checking for his name on Twitter over the past week.

A majority seem to have wanted him starting games ahead of Main, and are still annoyed he was dropped for Stewart last season.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

I'm quite sad, so have been reading fans forums/checking for his name on Twitter over the past week.

A majority seem to have wanted him starting games ahead of Main, and are still annoyed he was dropped for Stewart last season.

They seem to appreciate his hard work and also that McInnes did not play him in his natural position - history repeats itself.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

One message said he was looking like forming a partnership with Cosgrove and gutted when he was dropped for Stewart. The general feeling is he gave his all but wasn't given a chance.