Player contracts and transfers

David123

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Can he defend?

Also, a Twitter account claims we've had a bid rejected for John Herron.

Who is he? 

Exactly.

I’ve no idea if he can defend well, But I remember when he signed for us, reading that he’d played full back, central midfield and winger at various times for Colchester. 

Whether he’d be happy to play there is another story. Arguably our best wide man when fit. 

InStevie May (Aberdeen, released), Elliot Parish (Dundee, end of contract), Wallace Duffy (Celtic, end of contract), Madis Vihmann (Flora Tallinn, loan)

Out:  Ricky Foster (Ross County, released), Joe Shaughnessy (Southend, end of contract), Brian Easton (Hamilton, end of contract), Aaron Comrie (Dunfermline, end of contract), Blair Alston (Hamilton, end of contract), Tony Watt (CSKA Sofia, end of contract)

Thats our first team business so far this Summer, theres only 2 days left (shuts at midnight on Monday 2nd).

We've lost experience, depth, and quality. A bad mix.

33 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Ralston will be confirmed on Monday.

Young left back from somewhere as cover.

McLean on loan to Arbroath or somewhere.

Midfielder in if we can move likes of Ando; Callachan and McMillan.

Busy Sunday and Monday for Tommy and Stevie.

Midfield is our main problem & we are going to lose McClean & Callahan. Not sure why Callaghan is now out of the picture. He had few decent games & probably cover for Muzz.

Strange that there were no midfielder on the bench today apart from Spoony who is arguably not a midfielder ,so does that mean we are going with today's midfield for the rest of the season & hope there are no injuries or suspensions.

41 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Ralston will be confirmed on Monday.

Young left back from somewhere as cover.

McLean on loan to Arbroath or somewhere.

Midfielder in if we can move likes of Ando; Callachan and McMillan.

Busy Sunday and Monday for Tommy and Stevie.

**** that's grim 

Honestly I think I would forgo the midfielder and sign no one if that's the options 

I know Callachan can be unpredictable at times, and isn't everyone's cup of tea, but watching today I thought his energy would have been a big plus in centre midfield for us.

He also likes to drive forward with the ball, whereas when we did win it in centre midfield it felt like we were slow in driving up the pitch, and generally let kilmarnock get set up with men behind the ball.

Centre mid has been a big issue for a while and the striker /fullback is needing addressed/ is addressed etc,but throughout the summer always thought we are weak as hell in there, aging Craig, Murray does what he does but not much creativity and the boy McCann has potential but hardly what we need to rely on all season, for all the flair players we are definitely a weaker squad in balance and that has down to recruitment and the way Wright sets up.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I know Callachan can be unpredictable at times, and isn't everyone's cup of tea, but watching today I thought his energy would have been a big plus in centre midfield for us.

He also likes to drive forward with the ball, whereas when we did win it in centre midfield it felt like we were slow in driving up the pitch, and generally let kilmarnock get set up with men behind the ball.

Couldn't agree more. Craig seemed to be asked to cover more ground than at points last season and I thought he looked a bit naive at times. Didn't add any drive to the middle and didn't provide the usual cover when asked to sit deeper. 

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yeah very slow playing out from the back so they were never caught out. They always had lots of bodies back.

12 minutes ago, Linky said:

Craig and Muzz were anonymous.

Both are probably in my top dozen or so players to ever pull on a saints jersey but they are both having less and less impact on games as the months and years pass.

The odd flash of vintage genius isn’t enough I’m afraid. Centre midfield needs overhauled.

Muzz, Craig, Wotherspoon, Callaghan not the answer!! Ali McCann looks very promising but we need at least two of the aforementioned out and a very good midfielder in. 

Ralston has signed. I really don't know what the thinking is behind this one.

One hope is that Tommy sees Duffy more as a centre-back (with Ando moving on), and so Ralston is going to be back-up to a wonderfully experienced right-back due to sign in a few hours....but somehow I don't think so

Duffy was a good signing - a young player with promise to serve some time as back-up before hoping to break into the first team in a few years time. Ralston though?

Edited by Linky

1 minute ago, Linky said:

Ralston has signed. I really don't know what the thinking is behind this one.

One hope is that Tommy sees Duffy more as a centre-back (with Ando moving on), and so Ralston is going back-up to a wonderfully experienced right-back due to sign in a few hours....but somehow I don't think so

Duffy was a good signing - a young player with promise to serve some time as back-up before hoping to break into the first team in a few years time. Ralston though?

I think Duffy isn’t yet ready for a full season and maybe our options were limited? 

Perhaps we’ve got Ralston on loan and aren’t paying for him. Who knows. 

Hopefully he’s a success, at least it’s season long. 

Welcome aboard Tony 

14 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Both are probably in my top dozen or so players to ever pull on a saints jersey but they are both having less and less impact on games as the months and years pass.

The odd flash of vintage genius isn’t enough I’m afraid. Centre midfield needs overhauled.

Muzz, Craig, Wotherspoon, Callaghan not the answer!! Ali McCann looks very promising but we need at least two of the aforementioned out and a very good midfielder in. 

Mark O'Hara Peterborough is interesting Kilmarnock and Motherwell..........probably outwith our kind of money but the type of midfielder we need.