Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Absolutely but I think both are young and level headed enough to realise that one more season at Saints where they are pretty much the first names on the team sheet will bring longer term benefits - especially with Kennedy now in the Northern Ireland squad which he values very highly. We can’t compete with Aberdeen or pretty much any English team above the conference but we can still make our top earners offers that aren’t to be sniffed at. If Tommy wants to finish the rebuilding job he has started then keeping guys like Holt and Kennedy is important. 

Not concerned  about losing Holt as he would command a decent wage & not convinced we couldn't get better. Maybe even an opportunity for another McCann to come through.

13 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I can’t see Danny going anywhere. I think Tommy still see’s him as an important part of the squad and I can’t see who would offer him a contract on decent wages anyway.

We must move Callaghan and Vihmann on if we want to resign Holt and Kennedy.

Danny hasn't even been in the squad the last few games so doubt if he has a future with Saints.

Think Danny will be let go. Disappointed with that but Tommy hasn't had him even on the subs list for ages. I know that this time of year isn't great for Danny, anniversary of his best pals death etc . If you look back at the game where Stevie scored it was Danny's ability to see Stevies run & his perfectly weighted threaded through pass that helped get that goal. He has ability but sadly isn't getting a chance. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

That's this season. Hes our third highest scorer, and second highest scoring striker, this season.

Only Hendry and Kennedy have more goals. 

Sorry thought you were talking historical.

Shows how bad things are if our winger ,& our 3rd choice sub striker are better.

Are you trying to justify Mays place in team ?.

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Sorry thought you were talking historical.

Shows how bad things are if our winger ,& our 3rd choice sub striker are better.

Are you trying to justify Mays place in team ?.

I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm saying we're a team who barely score, so sending our third best goalscorer out on loan to the third tier to play against sides like Clyde is an absolutely mental idea.

Personally I dont think we have a single player that is better than our level. Not meaning this as a negative. I would think the reason they play for us is because our level (lets be generous and say mid table premiership team with a modest budget) aligns with their abilities. I would think any team at a higher level thinking about signing any of our players must be thinking of them as squad players. Half our team has played for bigger clubs but have found their level with Saints.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Personally I dont think we have a single player that is better than our level. Not meaning this as a negative. I would think the reason they play for us is because our level (lets be generous and say mid table premiership team with a modest budget) aligns with their abilities. I would think any team at a higher level thinking about signing any of our players must be thinking of them as squad players. Half our team has played for bigger clubs but have found their level with Saints.

I agree, well put, we have a classic saints team right now.

a) Few up and commer/youngun's who we will sell or lose due to wages

b) some past players back, as they know we have a good system and they will get to play 

c) a bunch of squad players that generally operate well at our level, but not higher.

Depending on the rub of the green, we can come 5th/6th or bounce near the bottom. Wright generally is doing a good job with a scarcity of resources across the board. Broons won't take the club any higher than this....its who we are right now.

17 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I agree, well put, we have a classic saints team right now.

a) Few up and commer/youngun's who we will sell or lose due to wages

b) some past players back, as they know we have a good system and they will get to play 

c) a bunch of squad players that generally operate well at our level, but not higher.

Depending on the rub of the green, we can come 5th/6th or bounce near the bottom. Wright generally is doing a good job with a scarcity of resources across the board. Broons won't take the club any higher than this....its who we are right now.

Aye.

Do ye Ken the man from Laramie ?

Just now, Havana Saint said:

If it wasn't for Hendry scoring goals I would be more concerned. Kane and May are really struggling to find the net. That shot from May today from outside the box was just bizarre.

His lack of confidence is unreal. He had time to bring that into the box. In the end, the first time shot almost looked like it was in slow motion. It was so weak. 

Honestly, I used to have dreams where I playing football but I could never connect with a ball properly and it would go trundling off my foot every time. 

Stevie May is a living embodiment of that dream right now.