Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Anyone else think Tanser could actually be a half decent left winger. Think he has been played in the wrong position.

He is certainly not a defender but at a push if we were short then I wouldn't have a problem with him on wing or wingback.

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Shame for Joe but good news for Saints.

We have enough "comeback players" who are not performing.

Bring in new blood.

29 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

"Shaughnessy picked up the injury during Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Dover Athletic in the first round of the FA Cup."

At least he got that big move he was desperate for...

38 minutes ago, tucker said:

Happy if we get Hendry,Matty and drey signed up,

New centre half experienced

Move on the Estonian, Callahan, Swanson and Duffy

I'd like a more experienced right back but think Ralston is doing fine but we are one injury away from an unbalanced side.

I doubt we’d move Duffy along. Being very harsh there. He wasn’t signed to play this season, he was signed to develop then chucked in at the deep end. 

BBC Sport suggest that the most important thing we need to do in the January transfer window is play Hendry from the start. In some ways I would agree.

We've all been saying who we want to sign, but what do we actually think will happen?

I think we'll move on Callachan, but I think we'll struggle for anyone to take Swanson. Vihmann may go back, although it depends what the rules of the loan are.

I think we'll sign Jack Hendry permanently (I don't think we're allowed more than one loan from a single club) and a striker on loan (perhaps Oli Shaw from Hibs or Scott Wright from Aberdeen). Hearts & Rangers will be looking to offload players too, although I'm not sure that Tommy would go for any of them.

I would hope that we're starting to look toward pre-contracts for the positions we need to fill next season, whether that be Holt & Ralston or others.