Player contracts and transfers

David123

5 hours ago, dunkeldneil said:

We will soon find out if he really does enjoy playing at saints or if he will be off at the first offer 

I think that's a bit unreasonable. He may well enjoy playing for Saints but that doesn't mean he has to stay with us forever. If we want players who are ambitious and talented, then we have to also accept that those players will want to play for bigger clubs if/when the opportunity comes along.

From what I've seen of Kennedy he's been a terrific player for us and I wouldn't begrudge him a move to Aberdeen if the chance is there. He doesn't owe Saints anything. And as good as he is, we're pretty well covered in his position given that we still have MOH and Swanson, and I reckon Tanser could do a job on the left wing too.

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

What was the creditors on the balance sheet?

What was the debtors figure?

People get fixated on the cash at the bank, they could have £2m in the bank on that one day but creditors of £1.5m etc.

If they do have £2m in the bank then part of that will be needed to cover running costs due to lower crowds.

Check out www.companycheck.co.uk, just put in St Johnstone fc. Net worth is very healthy and I don't know how they do it but there's nothing in the figures for the value of the stadium. 

In browns interest to keeping the cash balance healthy for various reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Check out www.companycheck.co.uk, just put in St Johnstone fc. Net worth is very healthy and I don't know how they do it but there's nothing in the figures for the value of the stadium. 

I am sure many have commented on here before but the main assets are extremely undervalued on the accounts which does put us on an even stronger foothold. 

59 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think that's a bit unreasonable. He may well enjoy playing for Saints but that doesn't mean he has to stay with us forever. If we want players who are ambitious and talented, then we have to also accept that those players will want to play for bigger clubs if/when the opportunity comes along.

From what I've seen of Kennedy he's been a terrific player for us and I wouldn't begrudge him a move to Aberdeen if the chance is there. He doesn't owe Saints anything. And as good as he is, we're pretty well covered in his position given that we still have MOH and Swanson, and I reckon Tanser could do a job on the left wing too.

I'm not sure we'll have Swanson for much longer, but I do think we could switch MOH over to the left and have Tanser/Spoony as back-up. If Kennedy does move on, I hope we'd spend the wage on a striker/right-back/centre midfield

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Ginger I knew where to get the accounts I always find companies house a good source

I was merely trying to make a point asking if Random had actually considered it before stating that they had £x in the bank.

The position is as you say healthy,. The freehold land is about £700k which will probably include the written down value of the ground as a football ground and not it's value as a potential housing development.

When you look you will see the creditors are £0.8m and debtors £0.2m so actual cash balance is a net £1,6m .

6 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Whatever happens he must stay until the summer. 

If Dons gave us a few Bob then I would be tempted to let him go. No one his class in team but we do have cover. Can't see a way back to Swanson or Callaghan as Tommy seems to have given up on them but I think they could still do a job for us.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

If Dons gave us a few Bob then I would be tempted to let him go. No one his class in team but we do have cover. Can't see a way back to Swanson or Callaghan as Tommy seems to have given up on them but I think they could still do a job for us.

Gonna be a desparate scramble for safety, he scores goals and creates, if Swanson was firing on all cylinders then 100k fee would be tempting but based on appearances something not right with the Swanson situation so I would rather he stayed. 

Much improved spfl money next year, United back up and hearts will do enough to survive so next year's turnover likely to be highest in clubs history so must do all we can to stay up this year. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

Ginger I knew where to get the accounts I always find companies house a good source

I was merely trying to make a point asking if Random had actually considered it before stating that they had £x in the bank.

The position is as you say healthy,. The freehold land is about £700k which will probably include the written down value of the ground as a football ground and not it's value as a potential housing development.

When you look you will see the creditors are £0.8m and debtors £0.2m so actual cash balance is a net £1,6m .

Companies House is good as well, interesting when you look at geoffs position, he has built a fortune from nothing, would make a good novel. 

10 hours ago, mainstand said:

What was the creditors on the balance sheet?

What was the debtors figure?

People get fixated on the cash at the bank, they could have £2m in the bank on that one day but creditors of £1.5m etc.

If they do have £2m in the bank then part of that will be needed to cover running costs due to lower crowds.

Cash reserves - £2.1m

Creditors - £844k

Debtors - £209k

See you've already found it, sorry. I'm sure £1.6m still puts us in the top 4 clubs in term of real money. But I cant find the graph showing all the figures again.

Edited by RandomGuy

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Cash reserves - £2.1m

Creditors - £844k

Debtors - £209k

See you've already found it, sorry. I'm sure £1.6m still puts us in the top 4 clubs in term of real money. But I cant find the graph showing all the figures again.

I know its separate, but out of interest, how wealthy are the Broons / GS Construction? Is that public.  

21 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Maybe he has also to consider who after this season will be picking the players to represent NI.

Do not F**k with TW as a club manager .......it might come back to bite you Matty.

Don't think there is a hope in hell of Tommy being NI manager.

21 hours ago, Linky said:

I'm not sure we'll have Swanson for much longer, but I do think we could switch MOH over to the left and have Tanser/Spoony as back-up. If Kennedy does move on, I hope we'd spend the wage on a striker/right-back/centre midfield

I'd have Spoony over O'Halloran on the left every day of the week. It's his strongest position. Mikey on the other hand has no left foot, has lost a wee bit of his pace and isn't that effective cutting inside. He needs to play wide right or through the middle.