Player contracts and transfers

David123

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

If Matty wants to go early and Saints agreed , instead of a fee , who do you reckon on the Dons playing staff could benefit Saints in a swap deal? 

Aberdeen actually have quite a small squad, so I'm not sure they'd be wanting to let anyone go.

Can an Irish club afford their wages or would it be a loan with them paying part of their salary. Had a look at their web site no mention of it.

But Paddy Cregg is on the Management/Coaching staff (assistant manager) this may be the connection with us. Their season starts at the end of the month. They are in the market for a striker as they lost Mikey Drennan.

Edited by Johnny B

29 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Can an Irish club afford their wages or would it be a loan with them paying part of their salary. Had a look at their web site no mention of it.

But Paddy Cregg is on the Management/Coaching staff (assistant manager) this may be the connection with us. Their season starts at the end of the month. They are in the market for a striker as they lost Mikey Drennan.

Their owner is a multi-millionaire who's ploughed money into them for the past 4 seasons much like Ross County and Roy MacGregor.

They simply spend the money they want to spend then he writes it off.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Their owner is a multi-millionaire who's ploughed money into them for the past 4 seasons much like Ross County and Roy MacGregor.

They simply spend the money they want to spend then he writes it off.

Blimey. Is this a practise run for becoming Sevco’s owner?

I feel the modern Glasgow Rangers supporter is sufficiently open-minded and progressive to tolerate, and, indeed, welcome input from the Irish community. I think they would actively seek out an opportunity to help unite the nation by clearly signalling an end to the Sectarian divide.

Wibble.

I don't know why we're so public with the need to move players on, if I was a player like Callachan, would I take a wage cut moving to a lower league side like Raith or hang around knowing the club needs rid of me and wait for a pay off?

We peddle this line in the press every single window, we normally sign someone regardless, it just seems to weaken our position.

"Aberdeen are probably close to agreeing a pre-contract with him. Hearts made contact yesterday and I want him to stay," said Wright.

"There are three scenarios at the moment. I want him to remain here until the end of the season and I can't see that being a problem.

"I don't think it's in our interest to let him go now. It's important we stay in the league and it's important that we hold on to our best players.

"We are a well run club, we don't need to sell. The only way that would happen is if everything was 100% what St Johnstone needed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51088416

Cannae Wright trying to get a fee for him now, rather than nothing in a few months. We'd take the money..... always another player to be got along the line. The mistake we made was to to sign Watt, MOH and May. Three players I could tell were gash, and I know nothing about coaching or scouting football  .....Watt / May same thing: busted flush. Strikers who can't score, but can "hold the ball up"....which means they are shite and can't score!!!