Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, Widge said:

You would stop going to watch saints if we started playing a capped international defender over another who’s played less than 50 top fight games?

Not that I’m saying Devlin is better than Gordon, but that’s a ridiculous outlook to have. 

Capped internationa ?l . I think it was one cap just like Hamilton that now plays for Dundee. Would you have him in your team ?.

34 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Capped internationa ?l . I think it was one cap just like Hamilton that now plays for Dundee. Would you have him in your team ?.

Except he’s got 3 international caps and played in competitive games, not just friendlies. Also Jack Hamilton has precisely the same number of caps as you and I, which is zero. 

Would I take a player who’s played for the third best team in Scotland fairly regularly, has experience and is in a position that we need better options in, you’re damn right I’d take him. Would I pitch him straight in for Gordon probably not, but he’d be a massive upgrade on what we’ve got right now and would at least push both Kerr and Gordon. 

Did he call you nasty names once upon a time because you seem to have a massive issue with a player of good calibre who hasn’t even signed for saints yet. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Except he’s got 3 international caps and played in competitive games, not just friendlies. Also Jack Hamilton has precisely the same number of caps as you and I, which is zero. 

Would I take a player who’s played for the third best team in Scotland fairly regularly, has experience and is in a position that we need better options in, you’re damn right I’d take him. Would I pitch him straight in for Gordon probably not, but he’d be a massive upgrade on what we’ve got right now and would at least push both Kerr and Gordon. 

Did he call you nasty names once upon a time because you seem to have a massive issue with a player of good calibre who hasn’t even signed for saints yet. 

Don't know the guy but remember him playing for Hamilton & never thought ,I wish we could sign him.

McCart is an interesting one- not unhappy at all with that. Vihman gone & Aberdeen will have to pay to get Kennedy this window. One I'm very interested in is Shaun Rooney.  Good player, RB and the sort of player St.Mirren, Motherwell  etc would have a crack at. Let's face it, we won't get Devlin. The next 10 days could be more interesting than the summer market.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Trying to figure out whether to agree with Steve Clarke, Derek McInnes and Tommy Wrights opinions about a player, or agree with Cagey.

Big decision. If he signs we may find out.

By the way  Del's record on signings not great. May & Main for starters. Couldn't get rid of them soon enough.

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Don't know the guy but remember him playing for Hamilton & never thought ,I wish we could sign him.

It’s almost as if he’s had quite a few years to practice this football malarkey and get better at it. Would never have guessed a kid in his early 20s might mature into a better player given time! 

21 hours ago, garydavidson said:

This is from the BBC which covers league games.

As we aren't prolific scorers I imagine those three assists and three goals equal a good percentage of our points.

image.png

It would be interesting to our goal return against a bottom 6 team if Tommy started our best 4 Hendry and May up front, MOH wide right and Kennedy wide left. They have scored 10 of our 16 goals and 5 assists. 

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Was Main not just signed in the Summer. He is an animal with his elbows & would spend most of the time suspended.

Devlin also spoken about . I remember him at Hamilton & was not impressed & if they dropped Gordon to play I would have to consider if I could go back.

Del boy trying to do a Del boy & offload the big wage flops he signed.

Money or nothing.

Cagey catching fire for this post but I guess what he was getting at is he would be sorry to see Liam Gordon getting dropped which a fair comment. Our team has completely turned around since he has come back in to the side and arguably more important than our Captain. This is all specualtion about Devlin anyway and I just don't see it.

Are these ICT defenders any good? I haven't seen them play. I worry about two more young defenders, when what we need is a bit of experience.

Devlin would be an incredible signing. I can't see him wanting to move to us. He could do far better.

Kennedy is top of goals & assists chart and he is a huge asset to the team. But I worry about how him staying will effect morale. I wonder if there needs to be a clean break, new signings coming in. I don't think he will stop trying, but I'd be concerned that other players will be effected, as the squad feels less united knowing that the key player is off at the end of the season, but not knowing how he will be replaced.

McInnes offering players to us for Kennedy is fair enough but I find it quite hard to see any of them actually agreeing to the drop in wages that would be required for them to come to Saints - unless they're only being offered on loan?

Can't say I know much about Devlin but he does sound like the type of player we could do with.

4 hours ago, Linky said:

Are these ICT defenders any good? I haven't seen them play. I worry about two more young defenders, when what we need is a bit of experience.

Devlin would be an incredible signing. I can't see him wanting to move to us. He could do far better.

Kennedy is top of goals & assists chart and he is a huge asset to the team. But I worry about how him staying will effect morale. I wonder if there needs to be a clean break, new signings coming in. I don't think he will stop trying, but I'd be concerned that other players will be effected, as the squad feels less united knowing that the key player is off at the end of the season, but not knowing how he will be replaced.

Why would it affect morale? I don’t know what happens at your place of work, maybe you ostracise people but that’s not really common practice. 

They’re work colleagues, not bed buddies