Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Hold on a minute.

We've just let a pretty good midfielder ( Callaghan) go to Dundee- brought to the club by TW along with Swanson.

I back TW to the hilt but if we were that threadbare why are we letting cover go?

Also, Tommy must have agreed to letting Matty leave so there again why leave yourself short at a critical time of the season.

I think you are always between a rock & a hard place when pre contracts are concerned... it was obvious Kennedy just wanted to get to Aberdeen so you have a player already disconnected probably not wanting to risk injury .. at least Saints weren’t total mugs and got some dosh for him... not everyone is like Liam Craig.. imo he had his best season for us before he left for Hibs. The person I’m most annoyed with is McInnes, ‘too much respect for Saints’ my backside, he got exactly what he wanted and showed no respect... obviously no honour between managers never mind clubs! 

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

I think you are always between a rock & a hard place when pre contracts are concerned... it was obvious Kennedy just wanted to get to Aberdeen so you have a player already disconnected probably not wanting to risk injury .. at least Saints weren’t total mugs and got some dosh for him... not everyone is like Liam Craig.. imo he had his best season for us before he left for Hibs. The person I’m most annoyed with is McInnes, ‘too much respect for Saints’ my backside, he got exactly what he wanted and showed no respect... obviously no honour between managers never mind clubs! 

What's happened with Kennedy sets a precedent for the  future, utter shambolic way to promote our club. 

Kennedy away same time we announce our new signing and I could understand letting him away but with what Tommy's been saying looks very weak management from saints. 

Brown obviously feed up of even trying to look like he cares what the fans think, time to go. 

12 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

What's happened with Kennedy sets a precedent for the  future, utter shambolic way to promote our club. 

Kennedy away same time we announce our new signing and I could understand letting him away but with what Tommy's been saying looks very weak management from saints. 

Brown obviously feed up of even trying to look like he cares what the fans think, time to go. 

The shambles isn’t Brown’s doing...it’s Tommy’s lack of signing structure that’s the problem. The last 4/5 signings have all been a waste of money in terms of how they’ll fit into the team. 

23 minutes ago, weesainty said:

For what it’s worth I think as soon as Kennedy had the pca in the bag he wanted away now hence what he’s not been playing forcing saints hand 

I agree and if he'd stayed I don't think he'd have been anywhere near as effective a player for us. As it is we've got a wad of cash which along with his wages could get us 2 players in.

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

The shambles isn’t Brown’s doing...it’s Tommy’s lack of signing structure that’s the problem. The last 4/5 signings have all been a waste of money in terms of how they’ll fit into the team. 

There seems to be very little coordination between Tommy and Steve. 

Biggest problem for me is Brown's communication skills with the fans, one by one he is pissing people off and slowly killing attendances. 

Brown's treatment of the core support is beyond comprehension, bring back Geoff, could only be better. 

13 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

There seems to be very little coordination between Tommy and Steve. 

Biggest problem for me is Brown's communication skills with the fans, one by one he is pissing people off and slowly killing attendances. 

Brown's treatment of the core support is beyond comprehension, bring back Geoff, could only be better. 

Steve Brown handed control away earlier this season. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Steve Brown handed control away earlier this season. 

And apart from one piece in the papers we have not heard from her or seen any significant changes in fan engagement.

For me anyway she did not come across particularly well in that article (more the tone than the content of the words).  I believe she is not well liked down Motherwell way?

However these things maybe take time and behind the scenes things may be changing.  It remains to be seen just how much power she actually has to implement what she sees fit

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

And apart from one piece in the papers we have not heard from her or seen any significant changes in fan engagement.

For me anyway she did not come across particularly well in that article (more the tone than the content of the words).  I believe she is not well liked down Motherwell way?

However these things maybe take time and behind the scenes things may be changing.  It remains to be seen just how much power she actually has to implement what she sees fit

Kilmarnock fans hate her.

Be prepared for a plastic pitch appearing at McDiarmid with her in charge...

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

DOH! of course Kilmarnock!

One of their main complaints were she couldnt do the whole contract thing. They reckoned they missed out on multiple signings in the Summer due to it, and will also lose Stephen O'Donnell for nothing as she didnt even offer him a pay rise to extend his contract...

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

One of their main complaints were she couldnt do the whole contract thing. They reckoned they missed out on multiple signings in the Summer due to it, and will also lose Stephen O'Donnell for nothing as she didnt even offer him a pay rise to extend his contract...

With you saying that you can't help but put two and two together and make five...

TW:"I'm not going to give false hope. I could say everything is going rosy, but we have lost out on loads of players over the last few weeks."

1 minute ago, saintgscot said:

Watching the game on bbc Scotland just now. That Nesbit looks like some player should we try get him. 26 games 21 goals in the championship good stats. Get him signed up now.

Was just thinking that just now, it’s the market we appear to be shopping in, the guys confident and scoring unlike the Curtis Mains of this world.

2 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Watching the game on bbc Scotland just now. That Nisbit for  Dunfermline looks like some player should we try get him. 26 games 21 goals in the championship good stats. Get him signed up now.

Of course we should try to get him but of course we won’t try to get him!

Summer transfer pt 2. I'd like TW to elaborate once the window closes as to why "we're missing out on loads of players". Doesn't have to be finger pointing at SB, but I think the fans are owed an explanation. I have come to dread transfer windows. It all seems last minute. Fair enough there may be external factors- club/ player valuations, Vine's of this world etc... but it just rankles me that there seems zero co-ordination between manager and SB. Questions must be asked as to Kirsten Man's appointment. seems she's just a block (mini SB) to stop TW hassling SB every 20 minutes. Fair enough, we knew Kennedy was off, but how about sorting out some signings to offset it? Nope. Instead we're panicing with a week to go. Signings should've been sorted early. Other clubs do it. We're like a pished guy at a nightclub at closing time, will take anything come last orders.