Player contracts and transfers

David123

25 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Summer transfer pt 2. I'd like TW to elaborate once the window closes as to why "we're missing out on loads of players". Doesn't have to be finger pointing at SB, but I think the fans are owed an explanation. I have come to dread transfer windows. It all seems last minute. Fair enough there may be external factors- club/ player valuations, Vine's of this world etc... but it just rankles me that there seems zero co-ordination between manager and SB. Questions must be asked as to Kirsten Man's appointment. seems she's just a block (mini SB) to stop TW hassling SB every 20 minutes. Fair enough, we knew Kennedy was off, but how about sorting out some signings to offset it? Nope. Instead we're panicing with a week to go. Signings should've been sorted early. Other clubs do it. We're like a pished guy at a nightclub at closing time, will take anything come last orders.

We haven’t missed “loads of players”. He means he could have considered loads of players, of which we might have signed one or possibly two.

6 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

We haven’t missed “loads of players”. He means he could have considered loads of players, of which we might have signed one or possibly two.

Sorry, but "might have signed" isn't good enough. We "might have signed" a fair few over summer too. But we didn't. It just seems so... lethargic. If we have signed MCarthy on a pca and are trying to get him this window, why not let the negotiation "leak" to the press as Aberdeen did with Kennedy? 

Whatever the process and failed deals leading up to it, we are now a week from the window closing and significantly weaker than we were when it opened.

The blame lies in two places, one, the board seems unable to actually get deals done and contracts renewed and two, Tommy has a pretty woeful signing record.

Put the two together and we get this.

Is it SB being tight and trying to save on wages until the end if the window or is Tommy true in what he says and is missing out on targets?

I've a feeling Tommy is playing games here, but I'm getting a bit sick of it. Just get players in.

Let's not forget, in the budget, there should be more available than before give the OF ticket decision.......

Now is not the time to put the breaks on Tommy as it looks like the rewards next season will be greater.

Yes over the last 4 or 5 seasons Tommy has wasted thousands on players that have contributed SFA but we have to strengthen the squad after the loss of Muzz,Callaghan & Kennedy.

Think  Tommy has to shoulder at least part of the blame for our transfer dealings and signings thereof.

Stevie Brown allowed signings last January in excess of  the budget on the understanding that it would affect the summer budget.

Danny Swanson was one of these signings after making Tommy aware of his availability and now seems to be being discarded by Tommy as surplus and not good enough to even make the bench.

Time to stop moaning and spend your budget wisely in the correct areas for the remainder of this season and next Tommy.

4 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

The shambles isn’t Brown’s doing...it’s Tommy’s lack of signing structure that’s the problem. The last 4/5 signings have all been a waste of money in terms of how they’ll fit into the team. 

More like 4/5 signings a season that have contributed nothing.

1 minute ago, bankfoot saint said:

Hes leaving at the end of this season, by the sounds of that.

I'm sure everyone on here who seem determined to pin the blame on this entirely on him will be delighted when we start a Championship campaign with no manager and only 6 players.

5 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Wow. Not holding back there. To me, that reads like its nearing the end for Tommy.

Unless his comments are taken massively out of context, I think there might be a few awkward conversations in the next few days. 

2 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Working for Steve Brown must be "challenging". Add to that paltry attendances and no wonder Tommy is frustrated.

Add in to the mix that Broon has vocally stated his "indifference" in his current role then the seeds are being sown for The Chanpionship. 

Alternatively revolution and hope?

Steve Brown handed control over to Kirsten Robertson earlier this season, I'm sure.

It's her this is directed at.

She was hounded out of Kilmarnock for over reaching into too many departments and over ruling experienced members of staff despite not having any knowledge of the department. Sound familiar?

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Steve Brown handed control over to Kirsten Robertson earlier this season, I'm sure.

She was hounded out of Kilmarnock for over reaching into too many departments and over ruling experienced members of staff despite not having any knowledge of the department. Sound familiar?

Just the person we need then! Bloody hell.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

So is she ultimately his boss? While I think we can all see it is a bit stale, if this isn't taken well and he leaves the club, there will only be one winner with the fans here and could be a bumpy ride... 

Tommy has come out ranting before, but not so specifically and not to this degree. 

2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

So is she ultimately his boss? While I think we can all see it is a bit stale, if this isn't taken well and he leaves the club, there will only be one winner with the fans here and could be a bumpy ride... 

Tommy has come out ranting before, but not so specifically and not to this degree. 

I dont think her role has ever officially been made clear, but my understanding of the one article its discussed in makes it clear shes taken over the majority of Steve Browns jobs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstones-head-football-kirsten-21229989.amp

Eerily similar to Steve Browns "bulletproof" interview.

Edited by RandomGuy

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm pretty sure you are right, definitely aimed at her. Tommy speaks as a football man and knows what he wants, but the club is being run by business people who don't give a sht about what happens on the pitch, what entertains the fans, no wonder he's peed off.